BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 20, 2014 11:10 am  #1

The awkward girl from the morgue arrives...

...well not really, but that's who I mostly identify with in the Sherlock series. Well, to be honest, I would be a mix between Molly Hooper and John Watson, but since Watson is Watson I went for Molly. And I would really love to work - maybe not at a morgue - but as a lab assistant. I'm that kind of slightly introvert nerd who likes finding out things.

I'm a 35 years old female Sherlockfan (is that even possible? apparantly...) living in Sweden. Love the BBC series and have read some of the original ones. 

Well, enough about me, lets dig into what really is interesting - Sherlock! The series! YAY! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Are you okay? Don't just say you are, because I know what that means, looking sad when you think no one can see you." - Molly Hooper

October 20, 2014 11:13 am  #2

Re: The awkward girl from the morgue arrives...

Hej! Warm welcome here - enjoy being aboard! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 20, 2014 11:15 am  #3

Thank you Harriet!! I love forums, it's like sitting with some friends chatting about the things you love most over a cup o' tea. So, cheers! *raises my tea cup*

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Are you okay? Don't just say you are, because I know what that means, looking sad when you think no one can see you." - Molly Hooper

October 20, 2014 11:17 am  #4

Oh, another tea lover!  Cheers!

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 20, 2014 11:28 am  #5

Hi and welcome to the forum

And YES it is possible to be 35 and Sherlockian ....I can proof it ;)

Last edited by Draconia (October 20, 2014 11:29 am)

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

October 20, 2014 11:45 am  #6

Waitwaitwait... There are females around here?? And not in their teens or twens  anymore?? How very exotic
Welcome on board!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

October 20, 2014 11:48 am  #7

It appears that many here kind of got stuck at some age 

Last edited by Harriet (October 20, 2014 5:49 pm)

October 20, 2014 12:04 pm  #8

mrshouse wrote:

Waitwaitwait... There are females around here?? And not in their teens or twens anymore?? How very exotic
Welcome on board!

Hahahahah! 

October 20, 2014 12:04 pm  #9

Hi and welcome to the forum. Have fun! Xx

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

October 20, 2014 12:13 pm  #10

Warm welcome from another not so very young Sherlock fan. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 20, 2014 12:21 pm  #11

Welcome from another 35 years old female who likes 'Sherlock' a lot.

Have a great time here!

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

October 20, 2014 1:23 pm  #12

I´m also of the same age. Welcome on the forum, Molly and have a good time.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 20, 2014 8:47 pm  #13

Hi there and warm welcome, I hope you will have a great time with us

MollyHooper wrote:

And I would really love to work - maybe not at a morgue - but as a lab assistant. I'm that kind of slightly introvert nerd who likes finding out things.

I've always wanted to be a pathologist and work at a morgue

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

October 21, 2014 9:02 am  #14

Hej hej! Have fun here...do you say Skål when drinking tea?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 21, 2014 8:15 pm  #15

Welcome.

I am Leanne.
35 year old *yes another one* single mum from the UK.

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

October 22, 2014 4:21 pm  #16

Davina wrote:

Hej hej! Have fun here...do you say Skål when drinking tea? 

HAHAH! No, certainly not. But when I'm drinking liquor or wine, I might. Not that happens that often...

MartaT wrote:

You know what? I would like that too, honestly. I've never feared the dead. But that would require med school and several years of studies, and I sadly don't have the energy for that. Oh well  

October 23, 2014 9:00 am  #17

Hi and welcome to the forum! I've turned 33 about two weeks ago and discovered the BBC Sherlock series in summer this year. You will find out that many of the forum members have medical-associated occupations - like me (I'm a medical documentalist). So it's not quite unsusal to have a desire to medicine. What is your profession?

October 23, 2014 3:07 pm  #18

MollyHooper wrote:

MartaT wrote:

. But that would require med school and several years of studies, and I sadly don't have the energy for that. Oh well  

Yeah, I thought the same. And then I ended studying veterinary medicine which is even tougher than human medicine. Oh well 

Last edited by MartaSt (October 23, 2014 3:09 pm)

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

Board footera