BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 21, 2014 7:01 pm  #1

Flaunt Magazine

Just Jared has a piece about Benedict hosting a Flaunt Magazine party for their "The Grind" issue.  There's a bit about the party at Flaunt's website, as well as a very atmospheric video/interview shot during his photoshoot, if I've understood that correctly. 

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

October 21, 2014 7:27 pm  #2

Re: Flaunt Magazine

Thank you very much for that video - the music and the atmosphere of it were magical and it was wondeful to be hypnotised by that wondrous sound of Benedict´s voice. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 22, 2014 11:08 am  #3

And here is a scan of the article itself:

http://flaunt.com/people/benedict-cumberbatch/

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 23, 2014 9:37 am  #4

I always say what Benedict said in the interview. That's also one of my mottos!

"I personally believe that heaven is on earth. That’s one of the mottos I live by: dance as though no one is watching you, love as though you have never been hurt before, sing as though no one can hear you, live as though heaven is on earth."

Why do some people don't understand that?

October 23, 2014 9:44 am  #5

IMO this is a very good article/interview. The journalist seems to be genuinely interested in Benedict's views and ideas and does not try for cheap headlines by asking after fanfic or otter memes and all that stuff. Wish there were more of them. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 23, 2014 9:44 am  #6

Downloaded it

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 23, 2014 10:01 am  #7

SusiGo wrote:

IMO this is a very good article/interview. The journalist seems to be genuinely interested in Benedict's views and ideas and does not try for cheap headlines by asking after fanfic or otter memes and all that stuff. Wish there were more of them. 

I absolutely agree. Some points in this interview make me shiver a bit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 23, 2014 12:44 pm  #8

Yes.  The Flaunt interview washed the lingering bad taste of OUT away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 23, 2014 12:53 pm  #9

That also depends on how the interviewer ask. OUT wasn't a good example in this case. But the photos were fabulous.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 23, 2014 4:09 pm  #10

gently69 wrote:

That also depends on how the interviewer ask. OUT wasn't a good example in this case. But the photos were fabulous.

oh god yes.  I'll treasure the photos thank you. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 23, 2014 5:04 pm  #11

To be fair to the "Out" interviewer, it looks as if it was Benedict who brought up the subject of fanfiction (not the interviewer).  And I do like that about Benedict, that he will go off on tangents rather than strictly limiting himself to promoting his latest project.   This interview was more informative about Turing and The Imitation Game (although I keep feeling that parts are familiar!).   And I didn't realise that he'd been so famous in the early noughties in the UK - I was slow to catch on!  (I'd seen him on TV, but didn't really notice him until Hawking).   But then I thought that just about everybody in the UK had heard of Turing, until recently!  

I love that he recognises UNICEF and Medicins sans Frontieres, etc. 

It seems that the interview took place on the way to the Barbican Centre - it's probably just coincidence, but I'm now imagining that he went straight from the Flaunt interview to the Out interview (wasn't that at the Barbican Centre?), which would might help to explain him wandering off the subject in the Out one. 

Board footera