BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 11, 2014 1:58 pm  #141

Re: What are you listening to?

I really should do that.   Loved the first album too.  And omg, the song he did for The Fault in Our Stars soundtrack...................devestating.

Fastastic video for "Thinking Out Loud."   Young Ed is bringing the sexy.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 11, 2014 2:04 pm  #142

They should be available as podcasts, hopefully to you over there. He is another great red-head!

I want to watch the film but not sure if I should read the book first. Decisions, decisions...my daughter says I really must read the book. (The film has Sam Trammell in it, from True Blood- Sam Merlotte).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 11, 2014 3:59 pm  #143

That's one that even though the film is lovely I'd read the book first.   Have tissues ready.

Monday is my anniversary and I'm going to send that "Thinking Out Loud" song to my hubby.  *blush*

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 14, 2014 11:19 am  #144

I'm totally addicted to the album "Sun Structures" by Temples, at the moment. Since I saw them performing the first single "Shelter Song" at The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon, I'm in love with the psychedelic British rock sound of the late 60's they transported into our modern times. The whole album is awesome without any weak tracks. You can hear it the whole way through. I can dream and fantasise and forget the world around me. The songs are very rhythmic so you can dance wonderfully to them. I'm hooked!

Last edited by Steph (October 14, 2014 11:30 am)

October 18, 2014 10:06 am  #145

Davina wrote:

That album of Ed Sheeran's is just divine isn't it. I particularly love The Hobbit one.

Me too. Every time I hear "I See Fire" I remember the film and how utterly touched I felt at the cinema. Cannot wait to see Ed live in January. Might shed some tears when that particular song comes up...

Right now I'm listening to You+Me's beautiful "rose ave." album. So calm, lovely and sweet. And with a gorgeous version of Sade's "No Ordinary Love" on it. Very much worth listening to.

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

November 4, 2014 7:13 pm  #146

I´m completely obsessed with the new album from Damien Rice, it´s sooooo good!! I have been a fan of his music since his first record and I saw him live on stage once many years ago.
I wasn´t quite sure what to expect from this new album after such a long pause and maybe one might say he hasn´t enhanced his musical style but I´m really glad he didn´t, these wonderful, melancholic and touching songs go still directly to my heart and soul.

November 8, 2014 1:08 pm  #147

White Pony by Deftones. Mostly very, very loud but also has a few really weirdly atmospheric tracks. Love their stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 18, 2014 10:22 pm  #148

We've started listening to Christmas music.  Yeah, I know it's early, but I'm already in the mood for it XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

November 19, 2014 6:44 am  #149

I told off a kid at school the other day, for daring to singe Jingle Bells in November...oh they call me The Grinch, didly diddly  ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 19, 2014 9:53 am  #150

I've just discovered this song and totally fell in love with it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYSVMgRr6pw

I wonder, am I the only person who dislike Christmas music? When I'm hearing  "Last Christmas" playing in radio I want to throw the device out of the window

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

November 19, 2014 9:21 pm  #151

I love Christmas music. I'm always starting listening to it in November to get in a Christmas mood. Although I don't like "Last Christmas" either. My favourite Christmas song at the moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9jbdgZidu8. And I love Winter Carols by Blackmore's Night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzd1qVtItIc&index=11&list=PLs1gQCHYGVoxmkggyIXyYNDpp1fU9ogrA

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

November 19, 2014 9:31 pm  #152

For me it's Van Morrison, Astral Weeks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 20, 2014 9:41 pm  #153

A Charlie Brown Christmas is my favorite Christmas soundtrack.  Since we were little we would put it on to help decorate the tree.  I still do it with my own kids.  

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

December 15, 2014 7:23 pm  #154

Quite energetic song that I listened to as a young girl - can´t believe it´s 15 years old already!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7E24eKJvs0

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 7, 2015 8:49 pm  #155

I have replayed this over and over again since yesterday when my guy sent it my way. It's just so beautiful! The tune is great and the lyrics are good too!

"Hold Back The River" by James Bay 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqiH0ZSkM9I

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 8, 2015 8:47 am  #156

James Bay has just been awarded the runner up for the BBC Radio 1 sound of 2014 award thingy. His music is gorgeous.

February 12, 2015 6:29 pm  #157

Right now I can't get enough of the latest U2 album, Songs of Innocence.

This is my favorite track so far.

Cedarwood Road
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvdlILv-9Ko

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 13, 2015 6:48 pm  #158

It's funny you mention a recent popular album… I tend to not keep track of new stuff in the mainstream, except for being aware of the new artists that keep getting recent buzz.  Didn't really know Ed Sheeran until seeing the second Hobbit, and hearing the song he did for it, which was nice but not really that 'strong'.  But then I kept hearing about him, especially when the Grammy's got near, so I've been going through some songs on youtube.  Varies between him mixing it up with a couple rap-style songs, not my cup of tea, but his more ballad-style and rock songs are pretty fun!  He's got a really nice, 'relaxed' (for lack of descriptor) voice, doesn't he?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 15, 2015 4:12 pm  #159

Kodaline! Hozier! That is all! 

February 22, 2015 4:44 pm  #160

At this very moment I'm listening to my oldest daughter and my second son teaching themsleves to play Let it go from Frozen as a violin duet. They haven't got any music and are earing it, or whatever it's called in English. It would be great if my third son, who is 6, wasn't trying to sing with them.

Board footera