BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 7, 2014 7:29 am  #1

Patrick Melrose

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/arts/books/cheltenham-festival/article4229154.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2014_10_06

This has not been officially confirmed but I am posting it here because the Times seems quite reliable. 
What an awesome project if it was realised with Benedict because he once said:

"He gave a nod to his love of serious drama and literature, noting that if he could play any character, he’d choose Edward St. Aubyn’s tortured autobiographical hero in the Patrick Melrose series."

Keeping fingers crossed for this. 

Last edited by SusiGo (April 26, 2018 5:17 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 7, 2014 8:00 am  #2

Re: Patrick Melrose

I have the 1st book "Never mind" still to read. Would be fantastic for him if it happens.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 7, 2014 8:02 am  #3

Good news.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 7, 2014 12:39 pm  #4

Already on my to read pile. 
So many books.  Why do I have to have a full time job?  *sigh*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 7, 2014 12:42 pm  #5

I have the same problem, tonnaree.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 7, 2014 6:38 pm  #6

Oooh awesome! I hope this works out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 17, 2014 2:05 pm  #7

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 17, 2014 3:12 pm  #8

Oooh, that has been puzzling me for days! It could be! 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (October 17, 2014 3:17 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 28, 2017 1:26 pm  #9

Wow this has been in the pipeline for quite a long time! Just read that a Melrose miniseries has been officially confirmed. Yay!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/benedict-cumberbatch-showtime-team-melrose-miniseries-981383

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

February 28, 2017 2:37 pm  #10

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 28, 2017 3:44 pm  #11

"Aristocratic and outrageously funny playboy struggling with considerable parent issues"? Ha!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

February 28, 2017 5:41 pm  #12

Cool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 28, 2017 6:52 pm  #13

I am so happy! But I think the description "outrageously funny playboy" is not really accurate. For me the tragic side of the story was dominant. Heartbreaking at times. Actually only one part, I think the third, fits this description. The rest is quite dark and fascinating. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 1, 2017 12:59 pm  #14

Ooh looking forward to this!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

March 1, 2017 1:21 pm  #15

I'm looking forward to this! He's doing lots of good stuff lately 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 1, 2017 1:30 pm  #16

This is another one that's going to rip our hearts into little pieces.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 1, 2017 5:02 pm  #17

Yes. This is going to be hard. I wonder how they are going to do the first part 

which is told from the little boy's POV, including the sexual abuse by on the hands of his own father. I remember how shocked and shattered I was on reading that.

And then I will have to figure out how to watch it. Showtime is just for US users and I really do not want to get Sky, this is terribly expensive. I hope they will release it on DVD as well. I cannot imagine Benedict doing something for such a limited market only. 

Last edited by SusiGo (March 1, 2017 5:03 pm)

March 1, 2017 6:16 pm  #18

We'll have to hope and see...

March 2, 2017 6:46 pm  #19

It's definitely going to have some heart breaking moments.

I think it's great that he's getting to act in and produce some really interesting projects, he's definitely going to be busy (though he always seems to be!).

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

August 6, 2017 8:18 pm  #20

Looks like they did a first read through this week.
https://www.facebook.com/jayabhattacharjirose/posts/10154776326736867

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

Board footera