BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 26, 2014 12:28 pm  #1

Benedict's glasses

Today I googled to find out if Benedict is really needing glasses because we saw him wearing glasses more often lately. Here is a tumblr site which IMO explains quite well that he really needs glasses: https://www.tumblr.com/search/Does+Benedict+Cumberbatch+wear+glasses. What do you think?

BTW: I love him with glasses!

Last edited by Steph (September 26, 2014 12:46 pm)

September 26, 2014 12:42 pm  #2

Re: Benedict's glasses

Thank you, I wondered about that but then I think he would not wear them just for fashion purposes only. So this is the proof. 

I am not an optician but someone on tumblr pointed out that the glasses do not fit really well. You can see that they are placed high above his ears while the temple stems usually sit close to the upper side of the ears. Maybe he should have them fit but apart from that they look really great on him. I would not mind if he wore them more often. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 26, 2014 1:56 pm  #3

Everytime I see him in his glasses the song "Hot for Teacher" starts playing in my head. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 26, 2014 2:08 pm  #4

That is really cool! You have to love the science of our fan community!

The glasses look amazing on him, they give a whole new dimension to him and I very much approve! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 12, 2014 3:05 am  #5

I am in the minority here - I just don't like these type of glasses on him.  There are other frames he could wear that would suit him better.

October 12, 2014 8:20 am  #6

I don't know whether you are in the minority or not, but I love the glasses and would be happy if he wore them all the time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 12, 2014 10:42 am  #7

I love them, but I'd also love to see him wearing another type of glasses eventually. I guess the effect of the glasses also always tends to depend on the hair cut and the colour of his hair.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera