BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 8, 2012 4:52 am  #41

Re: Sherlock Anagrams

Irene Adler wrote:

There we go...

It's a famous phrase and the answer is in three words. I hope I've done it right

Oh dear me slick

Yes,  that's  the right way  of doing this.   Great job Irene!!   

Sammy  I  think you are correct.   Once you figured out the main word is Sherlock  the rest of it was easy.  I thought it might have been  I  Made Sherlock.... but that didn't quite make sense,  did it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 8, 2012 7:27 am  #42

Sammy wrote:

Oh!

I AM SHERLOCKED

Perfect, Sammy!!

Kitty, "I made Sherlock" wouldn't have had any sense, indeed But it could have been (just remember my language problems lol)
So, I guess it's Sammy's turn

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 11, 2012 2:58 pm  #43

I'll post one then...
It is an object and it is in three words
SLUR
NOD
BONED

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 11, 2012 3:55 pm  #44

Davina wrote:

I'll post one then...
It is an object and it is in three words
SLUR
NOD
BONED

Four wheels? Am I gonna see lots of them on Friday?
Did Sherlock and John once seek a closer aquaintance with it?
Yes?
Then it is the

RED
LONDON
BUS

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 11, 2012 4:26 pm  #45

Pretty quick   deduction,  tobe!!  you are amazing.   I  think you're correct--

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 11, 2012 5:10 pm  #46

The wheels on the bus go round and round.

Yes you are correct!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 11, 2012 5:19 pm  #47

Well, just finished playing with my Scrabble letter tiles.
Here's the result:

It's a three-word quote

Last edited by tobeornot221b (July 11, 2012 5:23 pm)

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 11, 2012 7:50 pm  #48

OOOHHH  tobe  lovely  anagram image!!  I'm  gonna work on it.   A 3 word quote, hmmm?

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 11, 2012 9:05 pm  #49

After having spent at least half an hour on this one - without success, I might add - I'm going to watch the pilot. Sorry, Tobe, but it's too hard for me  .

1.34 a.m: Believe me or not, I just wanted to sleep, had turned off the light and there it was! The solution (at least I hope so).

Could be dangerous.

Last edited by SusiGo (July 11, 2012 11:37 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 12, 2012 12:10 am  #50

Oh dear--  this kitty was foiled...again!!   oops!!  good job  susi go!!   I  think you've got it...I  came up with the same answer too!!  too many exclamation points?  Ok  I'll stop now.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 12, 2012 12:24 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 12, 2012 4:32 am  #51

Oh - you guys haven't been idle while I was in bed (with a book about a dead woman in a place called Charlottenburg).

Congrats, Susi!
You couldn't be more right:

Give us the next anagram, please.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 12, 2012 7:32 am  #52

Nice bedtime reading, Tobe  .

My anagram is not too difficult (3 words, a quote):

"Carry duo heroes"

The game is on 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 12, 2012 11:44 pm  #53

I  think I got it---"Do your Research"   yay me?

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 13, 2012 6:58 am  #54

Well done - now it's your turn 

July 13, 2012 4:56 pm  #55

edited to put my new anagram in here. 

OK   I'm  working on it now.   I'm  playing with my scrabble tiles.   I  got that idea from tobe!!   I'll come back  later after I've worked it out  and will post here.   See ya!!

OK  you lot,  here's my  anagram thingie.   

It's not a exactly a quote;  it's not a name,  or thing or location.   It's....a paper's  headline.  the answer is  4 words.  See what you can get out of these words.  took me awhile to get them.   

OFFICIAL
STIR
HER
SPOIL
THROAT

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 13, 2012 8:50 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 14, 2012 4:26 am  #56

I loved that headline!

"REFIT FOR HISTORICAL HOSPITAL"

July 14, 2012 6:19 am  #57

Congratulations jenosborn!!  you got it. How long did it take you to figure it out?   your turn to post a new anagram for us.   thanks for playing!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 14, 2012 7:41 am  #58

Thanks Kitty!  That was a good one.   How long did it take me?   Oh, hours I think.  It's all a bit of a blur.

I remembered the headline after I watched the commentary DVD on Scandal-  They mention that the headline supposedly alluded to some scaffolding that they were thinking that *might* have appeared at St.Bart's in the climax finale scene of Reichenbach Fall.  But that it didn't turn out that way.  Interesting.

So okay, I'll have a go at a new one.    It's a prop/thing,  in Series One,  and the answer is 2 words.

CRUMBLY 
LAME
FROST

July 17, 2012 12:54 pm  #59

The Scrabble tiles are really helpful - it took me much longer to select them from the box than to find the right answer:

Yes, Mycroft's umbrella is a prop that appears at first in series one. But then, in PINK, Mycroft uses it just as a decorative item, whereas in SCANDAL he definitely needs it to be able to smoke a cigarette in the rain in front of Speedy's.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 17, 2012 6:21 pm  #60

exactly, tobe!   nice work with the scrabble tiles as usual.  Great visuals with that umbrella,  and I love how a prop like that adds a lot to a character...
next?

Board footera