BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 30, 2014 3:17 pm  #1

Time Out interview

Here is a link to the full Time out interview with lovely pictures:

http://www.timeout.com/london/film/benedict-cumberbatch-interview-im-not-an-overnight-success

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 30, 2014 4:07 pm  #2

Re: Time Out interview

Thanks Susi. Another great interview And pictures are wonderful!

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

September 30, 2014 5:46 pm  #3

*sigh*
*thud*
*giggle*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 30, 2014 5:49 pm  #4

Great! Loved it, thanks for the link

September 30, 2014 5:51 pm  #5

Thank you for posting the article!

I'm amused at him using the word "pacifier" - maybe because of spending time in the US, but I've never hear the word used in that way (for a dummy) in the UK.  Mind you, I rarely hear dummy here, usually dodie (sp?).   Maybe it's a northern thing.

He's terribly good at doing interviews, considering he has to fit them into a spare few minutes on an early weekend morning, when he's trying to do other things!   Just naturally eloquent, I suppose. 

Last edited by Liberty (September 30, 2014 5:52 pm)

September 30, 2014 7:57 pm  #6

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

October 1, 2014 8:38 am  #7

I really like what he said about Oscar campaign and his conversations with Weinstein. It could hurt his chances, but I am glad he is still grounded and more focused on his work than on Hollywood circus.

October 1, 2014 11:23 am  #8

Yes, I liked that part very much. It shows that his focus is on acting itself and not on campaigning for awards (although I wish he would get at least a nomination). 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 1, 2014 12:07 pm  #9

I'm so glad Benedict is a grounded senseble adult. (when he's not being an adorable dork)   Especially when I think of all the talents we've lost at a young age.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 1, 2014 3:12 pm  #10

That is one of my favourite interviews. Haha! His answers are always so brilliant!

And the pictures... I can't even!!

Thanks for sharing the links!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 1, 2014 5:02 pm  #11

You know he's being a total tease.
That series of pics where he takes off his jacket, then upbuttons his collar, then undoes his cuffs................Really Benendict!  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 1, 2014 10:50 pm  #12

Oh I'm quite sure he knows what he does to us.

I love the note about his white shirt saving the internet too btw... Hah!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera