BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 18, 2014 8:57 pm  #801

Re: The Imitation Game

I don't do jokes.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 18, 2014 9:00 pm  #802

It's perfect to represent the film.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 19, 2014 6:45 am  #803

I saw this on Reddit: http://benelock.co.vu/post/97812342722/if-anyone-in-the-uk-cant-wait-a-bit-longer-to-see  (free tickets for preview screenings at some Odeon cinemas in the UK).

September 19, 2014 6:45 am  #804

SolarSystem wrote:

So... do I order three or four posters then...?

Always include me please. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

September 19, 2014 6:53 am  #805

In line for Oscars?    Hopefully.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 19, 2014 7:16 am  #806

gently69 wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

So... do I order three or four posters then...?

Always include me please.

That goes without saying. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

September 19, 2014 7:16 am  #807

Thanks, dear. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 19, 2014 7:32 am  #808

That poster looks so wonderful, everyone should have it hanging at their walls. And if the film is only half as good as the poster design... 

September 19, 2014 7:39 am  #809

Indeed. And while I have read some negative criticism the overwhelming majority seems to be very enthusiatic and moved. And not one bad word about Benedict's work.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 19, 2014 7:43 am  #810

I think negative criticism is to be expected with almost any movie, and we'll just have to wait and see if it's somewhat eligible or not. However I am absolutely convinced that Benedict's performance will blow us away. 

September 19, 2014 2:15 pm  #811

SolarSystem wrote:

I think negative criticism is to be expected with almost any movie, and we'll just have to wait and see if it's somewhat eligible or not. However I am absolutely convinced that Benedict's performance will blow us away. 

Has our Benedict ever even given a bad performance?  Even reviewers who hated The Fifth Estate praised BC.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 19, 2014 6:35 pm  #812

Another piece about Benedict's turn in The Imitation Game from the Daily Bulletin. (It's not clear whether it was an interview or a general press thing or what, but the piece quotes Benedict quite a bit.)

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

September 25, 2014 12:36 pm  #813

I don't know if this is an official poster, but... oh, I hope it is...

September 25, 2014 12:50 pm  #814

WOW! That is so cool!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 25, 2014 1:29 pm  #815

I think it is official. Anyway, it is beautiful. Wow! 

September 25, 2014 4:42 pm  #816

Excellent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 25, 2014 4:56 pm  #817

SolarSystem wrote:

I don't know if this is an official poster, but... oh, I hope it is...

*thud*

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 25, 2014 6:27 pm  #818

Magnificent.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

September 25, 2014 6:49 pm  #819

There is a competition for aspiring film journalists to cover the London film festival here

Together with our pals at Empire magazine and the lovely British Film Institute, three lucky people can get their hands on a VIP pass to The London Film Festival. And if that wasn’t good enough, you’ll be a roving reporter for the world’s biggest movie magazine and will have your work published on their very own website. Yes this one.The VIP pass will give you access to all the press screenings, press conferences and filmmaker afternoon teas, where journalists chat with directors, producers and actors at Mayfair hotel over delicious scones. The Empire team will brief you on what films and events need covering, and then you’ll be sent off around central London to get what your temporary editor wants.

Last edited by Liberty (September 25, 2014 6:49 pm)

October 2, 2014 8:48 am  #820

Here is the new UK trailer with some new footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2jRs4EAvWM&feature=youtu.be

Board footera