BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 10, 2012 5:19 am  #61

Re: BBC America poll - vote for our boys

I just can't believe Ben has less votes....
It just isn't fair, I want Ben to win in this poll! I'm pretty sure he's far more famous than Tom. So why?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

July 10, 2012 6:11 am  #62

Loki has got a rabid army right now.

July 10, 2012 11:15 pm  #63

Oh no. Please don't forget to vote for Martin and Benedict. Today is the last day. Colin Morgan is catching up fast to Martin!

July 12, 2012 11:13 am  #64

Tom Hiddleston  53.63%

Benedict Cumberbatch  46.37%

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 12, 2012 3:26 pm  #65

Bad news, guys

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2012/06/vote-in-the-anglo-fan-favorites-tournament-the-men-of-2012/2/

Our boys came 2nd and 3rd (sob)

Some pretty boy beat our Benny by 53.65% to 46.35%

Martin came 3rd with 54.29% to beat Colin Morgan from Merlin with 45.71%

Is this the end of civilization as we know it? Or does this mean we have better, more exclusive taste? 

Mind you, i have been watching Hiddles in Wallender, he plays one of Kenneth Branagh's offsiders, and his voice does make me slightly weak at the knees.  . Not as weak as you-know-who's voice, but still, very nice.

By the way, this is my 200th post. Not very many compared to some of you guys, but considering this is the first forum I have ever joined, I'm pretty chuffed with myself amd having a great time 

Last edited by hepzibah (July 12, 2012 3:33 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 12, 2012 3:41 pm  #66

good for you  hep,  on your post count!!  I  can't really spk for everyone,  but I know that  we love having you here. you are now a cipher expert.   

I  cannot believe our benny  didn't get first!!   I  voted for Ben EVERY TIME!!   (sob)   who is this Hiddleston guy anyway?  I've never heard of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 12, 2012 3:43 pm  #67

*cries*   

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 12, 2012 4:08 pm  #68

Thanks for your kind words, Kitty, much appreciated

If you seriously don't know who Hiddles is, he is Benny's offsider in War Horse. You have seen War Horse, haven't you? Along with just about everything Benny is in? Now, Kitty, tell the truth now.

If you do know who Hiddles is, stop messing with me, girlie, I'm too overwhelmed by the poll results 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 12, 2012 5:14 pm  #69

hepzibah wrote:

Thanks for your kind words, Kitty, much appreciated

If you seriously don't know who Hiddles is, he is Benny's offsider in War Horse. You have seen War Horse, haven't you? Along with just about everything Benny is in? Now, Kitty, tell the truth now.

If you do know who Hiddles is, stop messing with me, girlie, I'm too overwhelmed by the poll results 

But I  have seen War Horse,  but the only reason I watched it was to see BC!!   not  anyone else,  so  therefore...I  didn't even know he was IN the movie.  MEOUCH.   I  shud be paying more attention.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 12, 2012 5:45 pm  #70

They were both really good in War Horse. I was saddened by the death of Tom's character. He has been in quite a few things including Shakespeare on TV just lately, this might have helped his votes. Still I think 'the boys done good!' (English football speak!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 12, 2012 5:57 pm  #71

I saw Tom Hiddleston in the The Avengers and thought he made an excellent evil guy but that was of course way before this poll. I guess it's because of the film's enormous international success that he won against Ben. Come on, let's comfort him a bit  .

Last edited by SusiGo (July 12, 2012 5:57 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 12, 2012 11:26 pm  #72

Yeah, I guess Tom's got the Loki thing propelling him to victory. So let's be comforted in that. Yesterday, I was voting like crazy every hour. I have 4 computers at work and I have a chart on the time that I used each one to vote. It was obvious pretty early that Ben will not catch up with Tom but still, I kept on voting. I was also hoping that Colin Morgan will not catch up to Martin. Thank God!

Did you see the comments from Colin's fans? They thought the poll was rigged because at one point, Colin was already ahead of Martin then suddenly, Martin was up again to 55%. I couldn't be happier

July 13, 2012 1:05 am  #73

It's so sad Ben didn't win , I think he deserved to be the winner of this poll as well as many other awards.
But the most important thing is that he won all possible awards of my heart and yours too I believe  .

"Ben, you are the winner of all possible polls ever!"
                                                       Your devoted fans

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

July 13, 2012 7:05 am  #74

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 21, 2012 6:45 am  #75

Inappropriate, I know, don't mean to offend, but it made me laugh out loud   

And, haha, matching cheekbones. They is so purty.

Last edited by hepzibah (July 21, 2012 6:54 am)

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 21, 2012 10:34 am  #76

Ooo! I could cut my hands on THOSE cheekbones.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 21, 2012 10:40 am  #77

And have them BOTH begging for mercy.

Twice.

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 21, 2012 7:52 pm  #78

Sorry, is Tom Loki? I had no idea....people on Tumblr and Facebook keep going on about this Loki guy and I have no idea what they're talking about! Is it an Avengers thing? I've not seen it yet. Any good? Is RDJ in it too?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 22, 2012 12:23 am  #79

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Sorry, is Tom Loki? I had no idea....people on Tumblr and Facebook keep going on about this Loki guy and I have no idea what they're talking about! Is it an Avengers thing? I've not seen it yet. Any good? Is RDJ in it too?

Yes, Tom plays Loki in the Avengers movie (and in Thor), and RDJ is Iron Man. I saw Avengers, and I thought it was great. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "It's this or Cluedo."
John: "Ah, no. We are never playing that again."
Sherlock: "Why not?"
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

July 22, 2012 1:27 pm  #80

Tom is in the Shakespeare series being shown on BBC at the moment 'The Hollow Crown' (??)

Board footera