BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 13, 2014 3:43 am  #2581

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

tonnaree wrote:

I could just feel the Johnlock swelling agressively in my heart.

I personally love some good swelling. *looks around*  What?  What did I say?
heh

September 13, 2014 4:52 am  #2582

SusiGo wrote:

Just found a meta I had saved some time ago - this is just a short part enlisting a lot of unanswered questions from HLV. IMO this is exactly what makes it so difficult to do a commentary (and this is not even including Johnlock):

"When Mary apologizes to Sherlock immediately after shooting him, is it genuine or mocking (nothing of the sort is ever repeated)? Did she call the ambulance, or did Magnussen (or John)? Did Mary intend to kill Sherlock in Leinster Gardens, or was she merely prepared for self-defense? Does she really believe the revelation of her past would hurt John worse than Sherlock’s death (after all she was the one who said ‘do you have any idea what you’ve done’)? Is her fear when Sherlock collapses for him or for herself (John looks murderous, and it’s him she’s looking at)? Does Sherlock believe she meant him to live, or is it only an act? We’re deprived of all the months between the confrontation and Christmas — there’s not even a post-honeymoon blog post to go by — adding ambiguity to both John’s and Sherlock’s behavior at the end. Does John genuinely want her back in his life, or is he sticking around for the baby, or because Sherlock told him to? Did he really not read the flash drive? Did Sherlock? What has Mycroft been doing? — his brother was shot and the shooter’s still at large. What did John and Sherlock tell Lestrade? Does Mary know something about Moriarty? We only see a manipulation of his image — is Moriarty’s return even real?"

source: http://archipelagoarchaea.tumblr.com/post/92372390998/the-lie-of-his-last-vow

Susi, This is one of the best metas I've read so far and nailed almost anything I dislike about HLV! I'm almost late for my weekend shift because I couldn't stop reading! Love it, gives me new hope! And it's not tooo johnlocky.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

September 13, 2014 4:23 pm  #2583

mrshouse wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Just found a meta I had saved some time ago - this is just a short part enlisting a lot of unanswered questions from HLV. IMO this is exactly what makes it so difficult to do a commentary (and this is not even including Johnlock):

"When Mary apologizes to Sherlock immediately after shooting him, is it genuine or mocking (nothing of the sort is ever repeated)? Did she call the ambulance, or did Magnussen (or John)? Did Mary intend to kill Sherlock in Leinster Gardens, or was she merely prepared for self-defense? Does she really believe the revelation of her past would hurt John worse than Sherlock’s death (after all she was the one who said ‘do you have any idea what you’ve done’)? Is her fear when Sherlock collapses for him or for herself (John looks murderous, and it’s him she’s looking at)? Does Sherlock believe she meant him to live, or is it only an act? We’re deprived of all the months between the confrontation and Christmas — there’s not even a post-honeymoon blog post to go by — adding ambiguity to both John’s and Sherlock’s behavior at the end. Does John genuinely want her back in his life, or is he sticking around for the baby, or because Sherlock told him to? Did he really not read the flash drive? Did Sherlock? What has Mycroft been doing? — his brother was shot and the shooter’s still at large. What did John and Sherlock tell Lestrade? Does Mary know something about Moriarty? We only see a manipulation of his image — is Moriarty’s return even real?"

source: http://archipelagoarchaea.tumblr.com/post/92372390998/the-lie-of-his-last-vow

Susi, This is one of the best metas I've read so far and nailed almost anything I dislike about HLV! I'm almost late for my weekend shift because I couldn't stop reading! Love it, gives me new hope! And it's not tooo johnlocky.

Fantastic meta, indeed. It contains so many good points about the show, I downloaded it so as not to loose it.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 13, 2014 6:40 pm  #2584

One more meta found on Archipelago Archaea, a Johnlock one - a very good one, IMHO:

http://archipelagoarchaea.tumblr.com/post/92690527288/eight-ways-in-which-a-heterosexual-person-might-have

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 14, 2014 5:51 am  #2585

Nakahara, thats exactly what I thought when I heard that conversation the first time...And Its still the best piece of evidence in my eyes.
Sherlock is rude and he never say sorry for that....But the fact that he is actually explaining himself to John here, even after meeting him only a few hours ago...Why would he do that?!

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

September 14, 2014 9:39 am  #2586

Oh wow, that chart sums it up really nicely. Because seriously, in that scene we have a conversation that doesn't really have to take place at all if everything is so chrystal clear. Why doesn't Sherlock just say "No" right at the beginning? He could also say right there that he's not interested in relationships of any kind because his work is the most important thing to him. But he doesn't. Wonder why.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 15, 2014 7:02 am  #2587

Just found this meta on the reunion scene in TEH. I really like it:

http://archipelagoarchaea.tumblr.com/post/97535132983/woo-i-got-tagged-by-mild-lunacy-3-describe

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 15, 2014 7:31 am  #2588

Wow. Apart from the fact that I really like this meta (although it almost breaks my heart), I never actually realized how beautiful Sherlock looks when he's in disguise, standing in front of John. There's this one gif that made me go 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

September 15, 2014 7:34 am  #2589

Oooohhh. Yes. 
And what nearly broke my heart was that he obviously does not realise that there might be a reason to apologise. That he really expects John to be happy to see him and then … where are the tissues?

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 15, 2014 7:39 am  #2590

Yes. That's Sherlock, right? Believing that there is no need to apologize. But then, when John is in so much pain and grief right in front of him, it hits him like a sledgehammer... 
I also love the observation that so much pain is only possible between two people who truly, madly, deeply love each other. 

September 15, 2014 7:43 am  #2591

I used to think that it was his typical arrogance, believing nothing had changed, that the world had stood still just to wait for his return und only then realising this was not true. But there seems to be more to it - he is convinced that he did the right thing. And to this add the knowledge that he wanted to contact John more than once … well, going to cry in a corner now. 

Yes, of course. And that this is so much more than what John and Mary could ever have, even before HLV. 

September 15, 2014 7:53 am  #2592

Let me join you in the corner.
Like I said not too long ago, in my headcanon Sherlock did not only want to call John to let him know that he's still alive, but also - or maybe even especially - because he missed John like hell and wanted, needed to hear his voice so badly... 

And agreed, whatever it is that is going on between John and Mary, even if you could call it love, to me it's a conventional sort of love that has nothing to do with what I see - and feel!!! - between Sherlock and John.

Last edited by SolarSystem (September 15, 2014 7:56 am)

September 15, 2014 12:21 pm  #2593

SusiGo wrote:

Oooohhh. Yes. 
And what nearly broke my heart was that he obviously does not realise that there might be a reason to apologise. That he really expects John to be happy to see him and then … where are the tissues?

Yes, if you look carefully, you can see Sherlock start to extend his right hand to John, expecting to shake hands in greeting. Poor naive bloke....  hard to believe that anyone could be that obtuse, but that's the way they've written him, oblivious to the way his behavior impacts his friends.

And yes, he's gorgeous there. I've always liked how after he rubs off the fake eyeliner mustache, his upper lip is all red. lol Nice touch of realism there.

September 15, 2014 12:33 pm  #2594

Yes, the aborted handshake. Such a delicate moment.

September 15, 2014 7:28 pm  #2595

September 16, 2014 4:35 am  #2596

SusiGo wrote:

Just found this meta on the reunion scene in TEH. I really like it:

http://archipelagoarchaea.tumblr.com/post/97535132983/woo-i-got-tagged-by-mild-lunacy-3-describe

Just read it. Is there stil some space left in the corner where you are crying? I'd like to join ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 16, 2014 6:36 am  #2597

There is always space to have a good cry. You are welcome, Schmiezi. 

September 16, 2014 10:24 am  #2598

It's quite possible that we had this before, but what the heck... it's just too beautiful... 

http://watsonholmes.co.vu/post/97428074638/thescienceofjohnlock-myships-havecanons

And now tell me again that there is no tension and no ambiguity there... 

Last edited by SolarSystem (September 16, 2014 10:25 am)

September 16, 2014 11:16 am  #2599

No, I am not going to tell you that. 

September 16, 2014 2:51 pm  #2600

Board footera