BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 29, 2012 4:46 am  #1

OMG check this out!

From Tumblr

picture here:
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m04seluxRx1qetz5wo1_500.png

LOOK AT WHAT JUST HAPPENED.

I was going home form school and needed gas. So I stop at a Shell at the corner of Pico and Lincoln. This girl in a shiny BMW steals the spot I was going to use, so I pull into another one.

And who strolls right past my bumper?

Benedict.

Mother fucking.

CUMBERBATCH.

I immediately started shaking. I’m really surprised I remembered to put the car in park…

But I went inside the gas station, tapped him on the arm and said “Excuse me, but you look a lot like Benedict Cumberbatch.�� 

And he said “I am Benedict Cumberbatch.�� 

That’s where my heart stopped functioning and my legs turned to jello. Because I didn’t believe that it could actually be him, because the universe doesn’t like me enough.

I asked if I could get a photo with him, and he said he would, but he was really late (I expect for Star Trek filming!) and asked if he could deal with getting his gas first (apparently the pump was being weird, while he was sorting it out this old lady was babbling at me about how the pump wouldn’t stop and got gas on her…).

When he finished he asked if I just wanted it of him or if I wanted it with both of us, and I said both OBVIOUSLY, took the picture, thanked him and went outside to pump my gas.

I didn’ want to be really fangirly and obnoxious, because that’s what I hate in fangirls, but I spent the rest of my drive home BLASTING metal and just screaming. I admit that I ran a red light and had to snap myself back into focus a couple times.

Oh! He was driving a silver jag-yoo-ar convertible with an out of state plate, and had the top down!!! He was so adorable, he couldn’t figure out how to work the pump, I almost offered to help him out AND I BLOODY SHOULD HAVE. I’m like thinking back on it and I wish I had tried to interact more with him, but I was afraid that if I tried my legs would just collapse…

But he was lovely and adorable and wearing sweatpants and I think his hair dye is washing out cuz it looked a little gingery!!!

I honestly think I’m in shock. I need a blanket.

I am soooo jealous! wonder what film he could make in Australia??? I'll pump his gas ( as well as ... ohhh never mind!)

Last edited by kazza474 (February 29, 2012 4:49 am)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 29, 2012 6:37 am  #2

Re: OMG check this out!

Dear god! i am sooo jealous XD Why!! oh why, do i have to live in Norway!? -.-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

February 29, 2012 10:24 am  #3

kazza474 wrote:

I am soooo jealous! wonder what film he could make in Australia??? I'll pump his gas ( as well as ... ohhh never mind!)

This happened in Australia? Then he must be working on The Hobbit already! Yay!!
I'm sooooo jealous too...   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

February 29, 2012 10:43 am  #4

Irene_Adler wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

This happened in Australia? Then he must be working on The Hobbit already! Yay!!

No I am in Australia.

This happened in the USA
I think he did the Hobbit filming in January.

Last edited by kazza474 (February 29, 2012 10:43 am)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 29, 2012 11:32 am  #5

kazza474 wrote:

Irene_Adler wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

No I am in Australia.

This happened in the USA
I think he did the Hobbit filming in January.

Ahhh, sorry, my bad. I misunderstood.

Anyway, now I think The Hobbit is being filmed in New Zealand, isn't it? Or is it in Australia?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

February 29, 2012 11:36 am  #6

New zealand. There was nothing to say when he would be there, but I know a lot of filming happened in January. However as he is doing voices & some sort of animated stuff, he may not need to be there for that, could be done in a studio anywhere maybe?

I am not a Hobbit fan, I don't watch any fantasy stuff really, so I don't know much about what he is actually doing character wise, just the basics of what he is doing.

If there was a hope I would bump into him there, I would be there in a flash!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

February 29, 2012 12:05 pm  #7

Well, I can tell you he is doing two characters in the movie: Smaug the dragon and the Necromancer.
In the case of the dragon, he is working the same way Andy Serkis did with Gollum, some sort of move caption (I'm sorry if these are not the correct words). He wears a special suit that catchs his movements and facial expressions and then they are treated digitally to create the dragon, or something like that. In that case, I suppose he can do that in a studio anywhere else, as you say.
The Necromancer though is another type of character. It is supposed to appear in some battle scenes, so I think he will surely film that in New Zealand with the rest of the cast. Maybe you can see him filming that... though I don't know if that part has been filmed already or not. Good luck if you try 

February 29, 2012 12:07 pm  #8

Man, I am SOOOOO jealous, things like that NEVER happen to me. I mean, I met Paul McCartney once but I had to like queue up overnight to do that, nothing cool like that has ever happened out of the blue.

I'm so gonna go hang out round Baker Street when they start filming Series 3.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 29, 2012 2:03 pm  #9

By the way, whose Tumblr was this on?? Want to follow them!

February 29, 2012 2:33 pm  #10

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Man, I am SOOOOO jealous, things like that NEVER happen to me. I mean, I met Paul McCartney once but I had to like queue up overnight to do that, nothing cool like that has ever happened out of the blue.

I'm so gonna go hang out round Baker Street when they start filming Series 3.

Oh, I wish I could hang out round Baker Street too...

I'm terribly jealous, but at least I have met Viggo Mortensen and Liam Neeson. So nice, both of them. And they look great in person, much better than onscreen 

Last edited by Irene_Adler (February 29, 2012 2:33 pm)

February 29, 2012 4:33 pm  #11

I. NEED. TO. BE. WHERE. U. WHERE jelourse!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

February 29, 2012 5:42 pm  #12

He would have been there for Star Trek. Nice to hear that his hair is reverting to its natural colour, at least for a bit. Although it will probably get dyed again pretty soon for some role or other.

Red heads pretty much rule in our family.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 29, 2012 5:46 pm  #13

Is Benedict naturally red then?

March 1, 2012 2:38 am  #14

Irene_Adler wrote:

Well, I can tell you he is doing two characters in the movie: Smaug the dragon and the Necromancer.
In the case of the dragon, he is working the same way Andy Serkis did with Gollum, some sort of move caption (I'm sorry if these are not the correct words). He wears a special suit that catchs his movements and facial expressions and then they are treated digitally to create the dragon, or something like that. In that case, I suppose he can do that in a studio anywhere else, as you say.
The Necromancer though is another type of character. It is supposed to appear in some battle scenes, so I think he will surely film that in New Zealand with the rest of the cast. Maybe you can see him filming that... though I don't know if that part has been filmed already or not. Good luck if you try 

Story here says he's done his Hobbit stuff
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1680152/the-hobbit-movie-stars.jhtml

"I was very lucky [to work] with Pete," Cumberbatch told us at Elton John's Oscar-viewing party. "As far as the experience, what an extraordinary one it was because at the time I was in my work; I was in isolation with him and this incredible tag team. And at the very cool place with that technology doing mo-cap for two characters, Smaug the dragon and another character, which will remain nameless, and it was an awful lot of fun."

Cumberbatch went on to say that he hasn't seen any finished shots from the film since he worked mainly by himself doing voice-over work and movements for the characters.

"It's a sort of wonderful ongoing process," he said. "I spent a lot of time recording voice as well as doing movements. So, it was sort of freeing; it was fun. It was like playing a game. It's going to be an amazing film; it's going to be a real treat. I watched 'The Lord of the Rings' again before I started working, and the way those films grow in depth of craft on every level are extraordinary. Their mark is for that."

Love this bit:

The "War Horse" actor admitted that the only trouble he had while on set was keeping a straight face when he saw his friend and "Sherlock" co-star Martin Freeman in costume as lovable Hobbit Bilbo Baggins.

"It was great. I got to hang out with him, and I kept a straight face for a bit and then I started giggling because I know Martin, I don't know Bilbo," Cumberbatch said with a grin. "For Martin to be sitting there playing Bilbo is amazing. He's going to be amazing, he's going to be fantastic in this film."

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 1, 2012 7:12 pm  #15

Definitely a strawberry blond. Hard to tell his natural hair colour because it's always being dyed for one part or another.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 1, 2012 8:03 pm  #16

If you go onto You Tube and type in Benedict Cumberbatch French And Saunders you should be able to get the Radio 2 show that he and his mum Wanda Bentham were on. In the picture that goes with it you can see his real hair colour.

March 2, 2012 2:06 am  #17

Davina wrote:

Definitely a strawberry blond. Hard to tell his natural hair colour because it's always being dyed for one part or another.

http://www.esquire.co.uk/2010/07/nice-shirt-sherlock-%E2%80%94-qa-with-benedict-cumberbatch/

ESQUIRE: So Benedict, weird question, but is that your natural hair colour?

BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH: No, it’s been dyed quite a bit darker. I’m auburn and that’s just not right for Sherlock. He’s a creature of the night. He’s got a dark, sociopathic side to him. The archetypal image of him is that he’s a slick-looking, dark-haired gentleman with aquiline features. The first thing my mum said when I mentioned to her that I’d got the part was “You don’t have the right nose.â€

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 2, 2012 4:47 am  #18

Strawberry blond is a running joke in our family, along with copper mahogany, what they all mean is auburn. I am surrounded by the auburn folk here. Frequently referred to as 'ginger' by those not blessed with this particular mutation.

March 18, 2012 2:59 am  #19

waah! lucky! :D if I were you, I bet I barely speak.. and he will ran away because I'm blabbering like a crazy woman and then mix english and my native language.. LOL

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

July 12, 2012 3:43 am  #20

Whoa, super lucky girl! When will I have a chance like that, I wonder...

Board footera