BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 1, 2014 7:18 pm  #1261

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

Oh, yes, they are. Her WIP about the dolphins, etc. seems quite nice as well. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 1, 2014 7:31 pm  #1262

Yesterday I rearranged the fics on my reader, just saying. Now there are two folders (25 fics in "Favourites", 36 fics in "Yet to Read")   

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 1, 2014 7:32 pm  #1263

Sounds brilliant. Have fun. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 1, 2014 7:35 pm  #1264

I'm trying to catch up 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 1, 2014 8:50 pm  #1265

Harriet wrote:

Yesterday I rearranged the fics on my reader, just saying. Now there are two folders (25 fics in "Favourites", 36 fics in "Yet to Read")

God bless you-- 36 yet to read! I gave up months ago, trying to keep track of all the new fic out there; there's so much of it!  Anyway, Harriet, you'll have reading material for the rest of your natural life, the way this wonderful fandom is going. Happy-happy!

September 1, 2014 9:00 pm  #1266

Well, thanks, some of them are short, I suppose. I HOPE, that is!
And it's not that I'm trying just anything. There are still classics among the Not Yet Read, such as The Quiet Man.
Looks like I got in trouble 

September 1, 2014 9:02 pm  #1267

Oh, I remember. Your non-Post Reichenbach phase. This has to be rectified. 

September 1, 2014 9:05 pm  #1268

Interesting, uh? I rejected all Post-TRF but have no problems now with HLV Fix-Its.
Just realised yesterday 

September 1, 2014 9:13 pm  #1269

Harriet wrote:

Interesting, uh? I rejected all Post-TRF but have no problems now with HLV Fix-Its.
Just realised yesterday

I loves me some HLV fix-its. Those fics are the stuff of life!

September 1, 2014 9:17 pm  #1270

Yes, this is interesting. I think the need for a fix-it is much greater than after series 2. We knew that Sherlock would return and that they would meet again. Strange enough, after series 3 the obstacles seem higher, at least for me. 

September 1, 2014 9:21 pm  #1271

And I boasted so much with "I don't want to read about future time-lines!" - now I got six or seven! 

September 1, 2014 9:24 pm  #1272

Is this a victory for the writers? 

September 1, 2014 9:25 pm  #1273

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, this is interesting. I think the need for a fix-it is much greater than after series 2. We knew that Sherlock would return and that they would meet again. Strange enough, after series 3 the obstacles seem higher, at least for me. 

I'm only interested in johnlock fan fic, so post-S3 is whoa!more interesting to me than post-S2 ever was. Throwing Mary and John's marriage into the mix, not to mention the baby, has caught my post-season imagination way more than Reichenbach did.

September 1, 2014 9:27 pm  #1274

SusiGo wrote:

Is this a victory for the writers? 

I think it's a win-win situation for everyone. But I don't take anything about the fandom too seriously, not BBC canon, not what I read on tumblr, not fan fic. To me, it's all for fun, and the better the writing, both on TV and for fan fic, the more my fun, which I'm all for!

September 1, 2014 9:30 pm  #1275

ag 11:25 Plus, Post-TRF dealt with with gloominess of all kinds. While I prefer passion or humour.
Very generally spoken, I know 

Last edited by Harriet (September 1, 2014 9:31 pm)

September 1, 2014 9:41 pm  #1276

Harriet wrote:

ag 11:25 Plus, Post-TRF dealt with with gloominess of all kinds. While I prefer passion or humour.
Very generally spoken, I know

For johnlock fan fic readers, there seems to be a lot of choice out there. I don't explore BDSM or fic where one or both of them are genuinely crazy or sadistic or prone to things I don't find fun to read about, like revenge or torture, etc, but I presume there's at least a little bit of absolutely everything out there, just because the fandom's fan fic archives are so huge.

I don't usually care for fic where the author sets out to be humorous, as in, I think I'll write a funny story now, simply because humor is so very subjective; what one finds funny, others would think is anything but.  But I do like humor that's woven into a story in the same manner it's woven into BBC canon.  Sherlock and John can both be genuinely funny people. I love some of the things they come out with, and sometimes that's when I enjoy the show the most. My favorite fan fic moments are when their voices, both internal and external, strike me as true-- when they sound "right",  I'm the happiest.

Last edited by ancientsgate (September 1, 2014 9:42 pm)

September 1, 2014 9:46 pm  #1277

Right. Maybe this could also go to the Round Table: Differences PostS2 / Post-S3.
And Do We Like Comedy Stories?
And What Makes a Story Convincing?

Unfortunatly, time for me to leave now...

Last edited by Harriet (September 1, 2014 9:47 pm)

September 1, 2014 9:47 pm  #1278

Great. Let us keep that in mind. 

September 2, 2014 10:29 am  #1279

Harriet wrote:

Just realised yesterday 

I've done the reverse! I didn't mind post-TRF fics, although they got a bit sameish after a while, but as for season three, for fics, I just prefer to pretend it never happened. *lalala fingers in my ear*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

September 2, 2014 10:40 am  #1280

I like both when they're thoroughly written. Post-reichenbach-fics are sooooo heartwarming, I have to say that the pain felt wonderful after TRF. After HLV the pain is truly pain, that's why we need fix-its.
One of my favorite Post Reichenbach was " the deepest secret nobody knows", it's more PWP but hooot elevator...erm...love...

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

Board footera