BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 3, 2013 8:04 pm  #41

Re: Appreciation for minor characters

And re Henry Knight, I try not to do this too often but can I just say I know that hollow

Its basically a popular family walking spot just outside Cardiff.

Totally, totally freaky to see it augmented by a glowing dog.

It was in Torchwood too, I believe. Its very odd how its always a freaky place because in real life its pretty boring! (unless you are a caver-have a feeling its interesting then but can't remember why)

Last edited by beekeeper (April 3, 2013 8:05 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

April 3, 2013 8:06 pm  #42

that´s cool :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

June 16, 2013 11:47 pm  #43

Re Lestrad missing the hound, and John hitting it - I know John is an excellent marksman, but he's shootiing an unfamiliar gun, under the influence of a hallucinogenic drug, in the dark and fog, and yet he still manages to hit the charging hound.

Russel Tovey was awesome as Henry Knight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

August 31, 2014 7:24 pm  #44

Just because I haven't seen him appreciated before:

I really liked the tube guy with the weird woollen hat in TEH who alerted Sherlock to the vanished Underground carriage (I believe he answers to the name of Howard Shilcott).

At the outset, he looks like just a younger brother of the car driver in ASIB, equally fat and stupid and unattractive and unimportant. But then he surprises Sherlock and us by

1. having a girlfriend

2. being refreshingly confident even in Sherlock's intimidating company ("They're cars, not carriages!" - "Explain that, Mr Holmes!")

3. being extremely meticulous, efficient and proficient in his research, and a really valuable ally.

Everything that Sherlock and Mycroft figured out about him from his hat may be true but it so does NOT sum up what he's really like and what matters about him!  I hope Sherlock saw that.

And I really hope he was given a medal for his part in foiling the Underground network plot!

Last edited by La Jolie (August 31, 2014 7:25 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t breathe. I’m trying to think.

August 31, 2014 7:31 pm  #45

Now I'm surprised as well - I'd seen the girlfriend line as a kind wishful thinking, which Sherlock saw right through, given his reaction. Not sure about that anymore. Any more ideas about that moment? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 1, 2014 8:06 am  #46

I think he actually got a girlfriend - or someone in any strange kind of relationship..I imagine they could be as Sheldon and Amy from The Big Bang Theory. Not a girlfriend in common use of that word 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

September 1, 2014 12:07 pm  #47

My favorite "minor character" is Mike Stanford because if it wasn't for him, Sherlock and John would have never met as he's the one that introduced John to Sherlock. I'm glad that TSOT had mentioned him. Too bad he wasn't able to make to John's wedding though.

September 1, 2014 12:24 pm  #48

BrettHolmes wrote:

My favorite "minor character" is Mike Stanford because if it wasn't for him, Sherlock and John would have never met as he's the one that introduced John to Sherlock. I'm glad that TSOT had mentioned him. Too bad he wasn't able to make to John's wedding though.

Which reminds me again of David Nellist's hilarious profile pic on Twitter. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 1, 2014 12:32 pm  #49

https://twitter.com/nellidge - I love that one, too   

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 1, 2014 1:21 pm  #50

Yes, the avatar is wonderful. This man knows what the show is about. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 2, 2014 8:15 pm  #51

I quite like the Hound.

Board footera