BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 28, 2014 6:40 pm  #1

Specsavers Crime Thriller Awards

More nominations for series 3.  Keeping finger crossed for Benedict, Amanda, and Mark! 

http://www.hartswoodfilms.co.uk/news/2014/sherlock-nominated-at-the-specsavers-crime-thriller-awards/

Last edited by SusiGo (August 28, 2014 6:40 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 28, 2014 7:27 pm  #2

Re: Specsavers Crime Thriller Awards

Good luck, Sherlock's crew!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

August 28, 2014 7:30 pm  #3

An award for Amanda and Mark would be nice. Well of course also another one for Benedict ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 28, 2014 7:35 pm  #4

Yes, I am especially happy for Mark as he has not been honoured for his brilliant work. It would be lovely if the won all four of them. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 28, 2014 7:45 pm  #5

Congrats to all of them for the nominations!

Every party of my anatomy is permanently crossed for them all to win

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 28, 2014 8:25 pm  #6

Nice to see Mark and Amanda nominted, hope they will win !(that goes for Benedict without saying ;) ).

But i am a little bit gutted they left Martin outside the niminations. Makes me to enjoy his Emmy win much more as it is so spectacularly unexpected...

August 31, 2014 6:10 pm  #7

Really hope Mark wins an award as he never gets nominated. My fingers are crossed for him.

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

September 1, 2014 7:21 am  #8

Well, Martin has already received a lot of awards and nominations for his Watson. I am happy for Mark, although I think Lars Mikkelsen would deserve a nomination too: he was really an excellent villain!

September 1, 2014 7:24 am  #9

I agree.  Lars Mikkelsen was fantastic.

September 1, 2014 7:27 am  #10

miriel68 wrote:

Well, Martin has already received a lot of awards and nominations for his Watson.

That's true, but his Watson in S3 was brilliant. So either you nominate actors because they did a brilliant job - or you go and say "Well, he's won so many awards already, he doesn't need another one." I really hope he didn't not get nominated because he already has won lots of awards but because the competition was tough and other actors showed 'better' performances (if a word like 'better' should exist in such a context).

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 2, 2014 10:59 am  #11

You might get a surprise reading the list:

http://www.crimethrillerawards.com/specsavers-crime-thriller-awards-2014-shortlists-announced/

The Best Actor Dagger
o Benedict Cumberbatch for Sherlock
o Shaun Evans for Endeavour
o Martin Freeman for Fargo and Sherlock
o Matthew McConaughey for True Detective
o Steve Pemberton for Happy Valley

So Martin got a nomination this time for best actor and not for supporting actor! For Sherlock and for Fargo in one. Which is great! 

And very strangely, Mark is getting against BBTHornton in the supporting category (strange because BBT was at the Emmy as main lead and here is as supporting). 

Last edited by A lovely light (September 2, 2014 11:03 am)

October 24, 2014 10:05 pm  #12

Congrats to Amanda for her win! 

October 25, 2014 8:34 pm  #13

I think this show is on the 27th October on ITV 3, not the 26th October.

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

Board footera