BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 7, 2014 9:44 pm  #141

Re: What does your username/signature/avatar say about you?

My nickname ... well, I think I don't have to explain very much about that, do I?

My avatar shows Sherlock. I love his smile!

My signature shows lovely pictures of John and Sherlock, but it's just for the first time. I'm gonna do a new pic soon (just wanted to have sth in my signature :D).

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥
                                                              and I ship Johnlock harder than Mrs. Hudson ;-)

January 7, 2014 11:21 pm  #142

My user name is a combination of characters I wrote years ago.  I'v been using it for about 12-14 years on every online community I've joined.  It's easy to remember that way. My avatar and signature shows that I like Star Trek as well and can't help but squee at the cross references. I like cute references.  I love the Hobbit set pic of Benedict and Martin.  It's my favorite picture of them because I love seeing them having fun and being adorable.  And I couldn't resist Minions dress like Sherlock and John either.  I know, boring, but what can I say?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

January 29, 2014 8:37 pm  #143

I changed my avatar and signature pictures ... the hair ruffle is so hot and I wanted Johnlock in my signature - this is the result

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥
                                                              and I ship Johnlock harder than Mrs. Hudson ;-)

January 29, 2014 8:42 pm  #144

The reason behind my username is rather boring. I love spiral staircases, and loved the staircase in Sherlock's Mind Palace, so that's why I chose the username and pic.

January 30, 2014 11:05 am  #145

I've always wanted to live in a house with a spiral staircase. Never achieved it...yet!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 30, 2014 1:10 pm  #146

SpiralStaircase wrote:

The reason behind my username is rather boring. I love spiral staircases, and loved the staircase in Sherlock's Mind Palace, so that's why I chose the username and pic.

Love your name and the picture you chose. Nice!

January 30, 2014 4:37 pm  #147

Davina wrote:

I've always wanted to live in a house with a spiral staircase. Never achieved it...yet!

Me too! Never achieved it either.  But I have several miniature spiral staircase models. And lots of arty pics!

January 30, 2014 4:38 pm  #148

ancientsgate wrote:

SpiralStaircase wrote:

Love your name and the picture you chose. Nice!

Thanks very much!

February 5, 2014 2:51 pm  #149

Clara's sister - My sister's name was mentioned in S1E1.

Alone is what I have. Alone protects me.

February 6, 2014 12:29 pm  #150

Username:

I have gone by 'The Phantom Lady' for a while now. It's from a movie called Breakfast on Pluto that happens to mean a lot to me and I just like the swift nature it has. I have always been the girl who leaves without saying goodbye and somehow convinced people never noticed me there. I also have some beliefs in the occult. But never mind that.

I also imagine it would be a cool alias for a spy or detective. I actually have a part time job as a Mystery shopper.

When I wanted to register to a Fan Fiction site 'The Phantom Lady' was already taken and I did not want to add numbers or anything. I came up with 'This is The Phantom Lady' as well; this is me! And it has a ring to it I think. 

When I say ring... 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (February 6, 2014 12:31 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 19, 2014 1:34 pm  #151

Mine is simple (for now)...I'm a Scottie!
I wasn't sure where to post this, but, has anyone read the John Gardner books about Moriarty?!  I just started The Revenge of Moriarty & it's really good!  There's also:  "Moriarty" & "The Return of Moriarty".  It's keeping me occupied until the 4th series!
Also, if anyone would like to join my Andrew facebook group:  [url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/Andrewsscotties/I post news & photos on Andrew's career.]https://www.facebook.com/groups/Andrewsscotties/

I post news & photos on Andrew's career.[/url]

March 19, 2014 1:41 pm  #152

Zeratul... I'm using this nick for almost 15 years now... it's just a character from StarCraft and it sounds nice... As it is originally a male character, I'm also alled Zera often.

Well my signature is my lovely dog on our couch surrounded by Sherlock-Union-Jack and London-Bus cushions... He had such a royal pose that moment, that I had to take a picture...
As I mentioned elsewhere he is a tibetan terrier (well basically no terrier, but the name remains thanks to the british kennel klub) and I bet Ben has seen those in Tibet... Still hoping for this question to be answered someday...

My avatar is just a selfie of me in a Sherlock shirt from Qwertee...

Last edited by zeratul (March 19, 2014 1:41 pm)

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

March 23, 2014 4:58 pm  #153

Well, my username is pretty self-explanatory...I wish to be Mrs Holmes!

My signature is of gingerbatch...the ladies on the 'Favourite Pictures' thread will all understand my obsession with Benedict with ginger hair.

My avatar is of Ben in Third Star, and I have that because 1. I love the film so much, and 2. because he's freaking adorable!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

March 27, 2014 11:14 pm  #154

My username is from me being a fan of Tigger and A&D.  Dec's nickname is Deccy Doolittle.  *sod all to do wi Sherlock I know but I use the same name everywhere or I end up getting confused*

My avatar is A&D *I will change my avatar a lot lol* 

Dont yet have a sig.

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

April 16, 2014 10:40 am  #155

Well... The reason behind my username make me look like a creepy person lol...
When I first joined this fandom, the first girl I followed on Twitter was a girl with the @-name batchlock. And I stalked her for a few weeks, because she seemed to know everything about Benedict, which I also wanted to. So you can say that I became a little bit of a fan of her acc, so when I decided to sing up here, I couldn't think of anything else but Batchlock (which is Cumberbatch and Sherlock smashed together. Think you've realized that before tho...)

Last edited by batchlock (April 16, 2014 10:43 am)

April 16, 2014 10:45 am  #156

Well we all do creepy things once in a while!

I have a habit of only using pictures and gifs from ASiP; obviously I do love that episode... but the thing is my favourite colour is pink so it's a subtle hint at that... 

I LOVE the gif in my sig, not only because Sherlock looks yummy, but because I rather 'like' his and Molly's relationship... in all fairness I want to slap him in scenes like that, but that is part of why I love this character... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 29, 2014 5:24 pm  #157

Well....
I am into dragons  since I can remember back to my childhood.
Draconia was the first Nickname I had on the Internet...

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

June 29, 2014 6:01 pm  #158

I wanted a little anonymity on this forum since I'm so well known in my field. I was trying to come up with a user name and remembered something a reporter said to me a while back that echoed something Sherlock said to Mary in HLV. The reporter had researched me and was surprised that she couldn't go far back in her research, as though I had only existed for a few years. I hate my legal name and when I became a somewhat public figure, I decided to invent a new name for myself. So I decided that Mary's name was rather suitable to my situation.

Mary Watson was taking on Gmail, so adding the AGRA in the middle saved me from having a user name with a bunch of numbers and gave me a user name that is specific to this fandom (I also use it on Archive of Our Own).

The ironic thing? Part of my absurd legal name is another language's version of the name Mary. 

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

August 10, 2014 5:09 pm  #159

My username is my real first and middle names in Tolkien's Quenya, Arwendë Luhtiénë (my middle name is actually Lúthien irl, which speaks for my inner geekiness :D). 
My avatar is a cropped pic of me cosplaying Sherlock.

Still no siggy, I still have to think that one out.

August 31, 2014 1:45 am  #160

Mine is a nickname my husband gave me years ago. I use it for all of my fangirling online. 9/9 is my birthday (Sept. 9).

Board footera