BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 27, 2014 6:55 pm  #161

Re: Emmy nominations for HLV

This is good to hear. Of course I can only judge from what I read. And the general tendency in Germany to more or less ignore the show and their awards is not any better. Over here it was nearly all about "Breaking Bad" being the big winner and no mention of "Sherlock". 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 27, 2014 7:21 pm  #162

At least we all have each other. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 27, 2014 7:35 pm  #163

HUG, tonnaree - after yesterday, I need one 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 27, 2014 8:32 pm  #164

I saw the one article (I believe I brought the link?) in which the author said he found the show irritating, but the vast majority of the blogs and articles I saw were very positive--writers were shocked, perhaps, that Sherlock picked up all those awards, but mostly they sounded delighted.

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

August 27, 2014 8:58 pm  #165

(((hugs Harriet)))

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 27, 2014 9:01 pm  #166

(((hugs tonnaree)))

I had a row with a machine, that is 

Last edited by Harriet (August 27, 2014 9:02 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 27, 2014 10:57 pm  #167

SusiGo wrote:

And in the US there have been quite a lot of snide remarks about the quality of the show and the non-appearance of the actors. One critic even stated that he loves BBC productions shows as such and that they are superior to most US productions but that Sherlock and Dr Whoe were "smug and infuriating". 

Those same critics often call the Emmys boring and Redundant (which I agree with, unless Neil Patrick Harris hosts the show, it sucks), so can they blame Martin and Benedict for not wanting to fly 9 time zones away when they're both busy working and weren't exactly favorites to win.  Plenty of critics probably didn't even realize Moffit was joking when he said Benedict was too big for the show, at least they wanted it to be lost on their readers to stir up drama.  I loved seeing Stephen Colbert and Ty Burrell win, but the Emmys have to be the most boring award show all year.  I've said this a million times, but I want Stephen Colbert to do another Hobbit week this year and Martin goes all Richard III and Lester Nysgard on him (in a joking way of course) to get the trophy back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

Board footera