BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 8, 2012 10:51 pm  #41

Re: Chit-chat

"Tatort (English for "Crime Scene") is a long-running German/Austrian/Swiss crime television series set in various parts of these countries. The first episode was broadcast on November 29, 1970."
It's just this television show that has been around like forever. It's quite popular around here.

Ugh, I can't stand Tatort. It's just so terribly BORING...
my parents watch it everytime it's on, even if it's just a repetition. I can't understand how they can do that. To me the movies just all seem way too similiar!
Then again... German TV in general.. :/

It's great that Sherlock leads so many people to Cabin pressure . It's just so brilliant, it deserves way more fans!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time, Skitty get well soon!

July 8, 2012 11:04 pm  #42

I think we're going to watch Inspector Lewis tonight, too, Skitty. They are supposed to be new episodes (for the US), no? When we were in Oxford we saw a poster of Kevin Whatley (is that right?) because he was to appear at some venue. So we kind of felt like we saw Lewis in Oxford.

Sammy, I just listened to the first episode of Cabin Pressure, finally. Very funny. I'm going to post in that thread.

July 9, 2012 2:52 am  #43

I do like Hathaway on Inspector Lewis.  He's a bit Sherlocky with his computer-like brain - and his social awkwardness is rather endearing.  I was just watching the show but fell a sleep before the ending because it's been a long day. Luckily they repeat the show again right after the first time so I'll try to make it through this time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 9, 2012 5:35 pm  #44

Oh  nuts,  I  missed the show cos I fell asleep.   I  think they'll air it again this afternoon  here.   Yeah---  I like Hathaway too.  sammy  thanks for the explanation.   We in USA have a crime scene show that  has   been airing for a number of years..CSI  it's called......  and  I  stopped watching   it after a few years because it got too graphic and  icky  for me. 

It's wonderful to talk to others from different countries, to find out what they have in ways of movies and TV shows.

So,  i'm  feeling better today,  not so much pain.   onwards and upwards,  I  must say.  Do  have a lovely day/evening/afternoon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 9, 2012 6:03 pm  #45

Sammy wrote:

Ugh, I can't stand Tatort. It's just so terribly BORING...
my parents watch it everytime it's on, even if it's just a repetition. I can't understand how they can do that. To me the movies just all seem way too similiar!

Well, OLD people like it!! 
Some are boring, I agree. But there are some I really like. Munster or Cologne. Can be fun.
And then it became a kind of "Ritual": 20:15 on a Sunday = Tatort.
I don't like most of the American crime-series that much. Too much beautiful people, too much loud and aggressive action, too "cheap".

But none of them you can compare to the intelligence, fun, action, feelings.... and....and... and... at Sherlock, that's for sure! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 9, 2012 6:10 pm  #46

Oh, of course. Everyone knows CSI
I actually did a presentation about crime shows once (yeah)... Tatort and shows like CSI are different in the aspects that CSI deals more with the science and the forensics to solve cases while in Tatort there is not much forensics but more witness interrogations and all that. (shut up, nobody wants to know that )
I don't like either of them. 

Good to hear you're feeling better!

July 9, 2012 6:20 pm  #47

thx sammy   yes  I agree  with  the CSI  show  views.   They DO  deal more with the graphic/forensics  of solving cases,  don't they? 
Yeah,  I  like SHERLOCK the best.

well I'm  off now--  gotta go sit on the couch--  this chair  i'm sitting on  makes  my  back  feel  unwell.  I  need a new pillow......

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 9, 2012 6:21 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 9, 2012 6:24 pm  #48

sherlockskitty wrote:

well I'm  off now--  gotta go sit on the couch--  this chair  i'm sitting on  makes  my  back  feel  unwell.  I  need a new pillow......

Or a laptop!    Me and my backproblems do very well on the couch with the compi...
Get well!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 9, 2012 6:55 pm  #49

I did like CSI  Las Vegas with Grissom in it. I thought it was well made, intelligent and had high standards of acting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 9, 2012 7:01 pm  #50

I'm on 10th season of CSI. I like it, even though some of the original cast dropped off. I like the humor, the characters and it's unique look done with certain softness and lighting. Grissom was a great character with his quotes from famous philosophers, authors et al. Gil was the first fictional bug guy I ever dug.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

July 9, 2012 8:46 pm  #51

I used to watch CSI when I was 11 and home alone because my parents wouldn't let me watch it yet 

Then I discovered X Files, and now that's all I watch (apart from Sherlock and Doctor Who, of course) 

July 9, 2012 8:53 pm  #52

Ah, THE X-FILES. My favorite TV show of all-time. You got a fellow X-phile in me if you want to talk with one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 9, 2012 9:01 pm  #53

KeepersPrice wrote:

I do like Hathaway on Inspector Lewis.  He's a bit Sherlocky with his computer-like brain - and his social awkwardness is rather endearing.  I was just watching the show but fell a sleep before the ending because it's been a long day. Luckily they repeat the show again right after the first time so I'll try to make it through this time.

That's funny. I just said to my husband, "Do you think the character who plays Hathaway is thinking 'I could've played Sherlock. I'm tall and thin! I would've dyed my hair!'?"

July 9, 2012 9:29 pm  #54

Mattlocked wrote:

sherlockskitty wrote:

Or a laptop!    Me and my backproblems do very well on the couch with the compi...
Get well!

Oh yes... I used to have neck problems until I got my laptop!
I've spent way too much time in front of my computer (naturally ) and always had to look slightly up to my screen... now with the laptop I just sit/lie like it feels comfortable. 

"X-phile" - nice wordplay :D

Do you chaps know that there is an actual thing called "CSI effect"? It's that popular.
"Sherlock Holmes effect" hm...   

July 9, 2012 9:51 pm  #55

Sammy - I'd like to take credit for the word but it was coined by one Matt Grommes way back in mid-nineties I believe. Carter originally called fans of the show File-o-philes. But I prefer X-Phile.

Yeah I read from somewhere that when CSI first started airing, there was a massive growth in candidates in the forensics departments in the US. Same goes for Rayban glasses after THE RISKY BUSINESS and MIAMI VICE had a huge impact on the fashion of the eighties, like I'm sure many of you know. It's cool how a movie or TV show can help mold people's careers and thus their lives. When the path is towards good. Not when they go do stuff like shoot people in malls.

July 9, 2012 10:47 pm  #56

Yeah--  whatever a tv show does,  we viewers  tend to follow in their footsteps one way or another.   Me,  I was more interested in the writing, than anything else.  Arya  i love your treble clef avatar.  Yeah  that guy in the lewis show could have played Sherlock,  if the MOFF  crew had bothered to send the script out to anyone else.   Nope,  they wanted Ben,  and they got him.   The rest is history.   

I  didn't like  X-files,  too alien for me, sorry,   but oh  Miami Vice?  Please.   Crockett  was my favorite,  the guy with the alligator as a pet.  And those sunglasses?   Oprah had a pair that Don Johnson wanted back,  so--  he finally went onto her show,  to get them.  Risky Business--  liked.   

I'll ask santa claus for a laptop.   But  how do I set it up to  get the internet?   I'll ask  over at the tech help thread.  I  already  have a few ideas.  But laptops don't have very good mouses,  that's why  I've been lagging behind on  getting one.  (I'm  a kitty,  I made a joke!!)   I want one.  RED.   and  with I BELIEVE IN SHERLOCK  on the cover.   I've heard of  laptops that are decorated like the TARDIS  too.

was watching Clash of the Titans on BBC A  last night--the original version.  Great movie!! 

Anyone want a rootbeer float?   I can have THIS  one,  but  the REAL  one might cause a kidney stone.  I  kid you not!!   Enjoy!!!   

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 9, 2012 11:00 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 9, 2012 11:27 pm  #57

sherlockskitty wrote:

Yeah--  whatever a tv show does,  we viewers  tend to follow in their footsteps one way or another. ... Yeah  that guy in the lewis show could have played Sherlock,  if the MOFF  crew had bothered to send the script out to anyone else.   Nope,  they wanted Ben,  and they got him.   The rest is history.

I haven't seen many men in that coat, but it could be the price. Notice I resisted the opportunity to mention the purple shirt. Darnit! I did it, anyway.

As for Ben, thank goodness they got him!

July 9, 2012 11:32 pm  #58

When I was a kid, I remember wanting lots of coats for some reason. The kind of leather-jacket worn by JACK SLATER (Schwarzenegger) in LAST ACTION HERO, the long coat that Liam Neeson wore in DARKMAN and above all else, the iconic COLUMBO coat. I also wanted to have a car like his.

July 10, 2012 5:23 am  #59

veecee wrote:

Notice I resisted the opportunity to mention the purple shirt. Darnit! I did it, anyway.

That purple shirt of sex . I adore it! Whenever you want to speak about it just let me know .

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

July 10, 2012 5:37 am  #60

221B Baker Street wrote:

That purple shirt of sex . I adore it!

Packaging - well and good. But - it's the content that matters...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera