BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 23, 2014 8:29 am  #361

Re: Fanfics from forum members

Beautiful and heart-breaking. Poor John...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 23, 2014 2:38 pm  #362

Thanks to those who read it  

August 24, 2014 6:12 am  #363

BreathingIsBoring wrote:

If any of you would like to rebreak your hearts over Reichenbach feels, I've written a canon-conforming speech that was given by John at Sherlock's grave some time during the early Hiatus. Please do give it a chance and maybe a kudos? Teen and up for language, pre-slash, flower symbolism. 

Name on a Black Slab:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/2176551

Beautifully sad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 26, 2014 12:57 pm  #364

That's so moving.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 29, 2014 8:05 pm  #365

*takes a deep breath*

OK, I've done it. And you people made me, so it's your fault. (Yes, you lot over in the Character Analysis forum!)

Title: Heading for a Fall
Category: Drama/Angst
Rating: K on FF.net (U in the UK)
Characters: Sherlock, Sally
Summary: "Come back from your grave to haunt me, have you?" - Sherlock Holmes and Detective Sergeant Sally Donovan come face to face again for the first time after The Fall. A missing moment from "The Empty Hearse".
Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10655393/1/Heading-for-a-Fall

Sorry, it's gen. Not even het romance. But it's got a deduction, and a smile.

It's written as a movie script. I don't know why, it just came out that way. I just wrote what I would have liked to see. I'm interested to hear whether it works.

Enjoy!

Last edited by La Jolie (August 29, 2014 8:38 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t breathe. I’m trying to think.

August 29, 2014 10:35 pm  #366

Oooh, I liked that one.

August 30, 2014 3:06 am  #367

http://archiveofourown.org/works/2222709

I made a message to fangirls (and boys). What do you think? 

General, Non-Slash, POV 2nd Person, angst. Topics included in this one are Sherlock, Merlin, The Hunger Games, Cabin Pressure, and Third Star. 

Blurb: How is it that sometimes, the people who care the most about you are the ones who don't exist?

Last edited by BreathingIsBoring (September 6, 2014 1:58 am)

September 1, 2014 9:10 am  #368

Thank you for reading and commenting, Breathing. I'm very glad you liked it.

September 5, 2014 11:26 pm  #369

My first Sherlock fanfic.

Rating : Mature
Category: M/M
Relationship: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson
Characters: John Watson Sherlock Holmes

Summary: for John Watson, it was love at first sight when he met the enigmatic Sherlock Holmes. He narrates how their relationship grew as their adventures took them through highs and lows neither man could have fathomed before their partnership.

Starts with ASiP and weaves through canon, giving John's thoughts and POV about what happened in the show.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/2114769/chapters/4613892

Last edited by Snootiegirl99 (September 5, 2014 11:27 pm)

September 6, 2014 2:08 am  #370

I'm writing my first ever chapter fanfic. It's a crossover between Sherlock, STID, and Skyfall. Strange combo, huh? Don't worry, it'll make sense. I promise. Especially if 'Q is a Holmes' is something you've heard of before. Unbeta'd bacuse I don't have a beta reader (yet), but I would appreciate if you took a look. Thank you so much! 

Rating: Mature (Nothing that bad yet, but there will be in the future)

There was a reason for why he had chosen to call himself John Harrison. A smile twitched at his lips as he thought of the noble Watson's and how he had so cleverly taken their names and made them his. It was better than the alternatives. After all, one was merely a title. The other was one he would refuse to hear until...

Well.

After years of petty fighting between himself and his brothers, no one would expect Sherlock Holmes to care about family. They were wrong. For when Sherlock's family turns out to be not just his blood relations, but his friends and his brothers' friends as well, to threaten one is to threaten all. He will do anything for his family, even in an unfamiliar, alien world of the future.

Especially if that family contains a certain John Hamish Watson. 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/2234634?view_full_work=true

September 6, 2014 7:37 pm  #371

Breathingisboring - I've left a comment for "Name on a Black Slab" over at AO3. I thought it was very good.

OK, now, from me, something more lighthearted than last time!

Title: Dust is Eloquent

Category: Gen (a little drama, a little romance - nothing beyond canon - and a little humour)
Rating: PG for subtle references to drug abuse
Characters: Sherlock, Molly, Mycroft, Mike Stamford

Summary: How did St. Barts Hospital become Sherlock’s home away from home? - Set before "A Study in Pink". Sherlock and Molly meet for the first time. Mike Stamford chuckles. Mycroft does not approve. Greg Lestrade saves the day. Unrequited Sherlock/Molly (100 % canon compatible).

Link: http://archiveofourown.org/works/2250372 (it's on FF.net as well if you prefer that format)

Enjoy!

Last edited by La Jolie (September 6, 2014 7:49 pm)

September 8, 2014 2:08 am  #372

I wrote a poem. And I started a tumblr blog. So, I present you with the poem and the link to my blog. Hope to see you there! 

http://devoutfangirlblog.tumblr.com/

September 15, 2014 10:00 am  #373

How is it that there is SO much Hurt/Comfort being written in the Sherlock fandom?

Of course, Sherlock suffers beautifully, but canonically, you will need to bodily knock him out cold or shoot him in the chest for anyone to be allowed to take care of him at all, and you can't do that all the time in fanfic. So for the longest time, I never looked at any of it.

Until I realised that Sherlock lends himself perfectly to Hurt/Comfort precisely because he'd resent it so much.

So here it is, my first ever Hurt/Comfort fic, featuring
- my favourite non-pairing (unrequited Sherlock/Molly),
- Sherlock doing Parkour in his full coated and scarfed glory (thanks to our very own Zatoichi for planting that idea in my head),
- Molly Hooper comparing the love of her life first to a cat and then to a waterfall,
- John commenting on the state of Sherlock's knees and refusing to give the dating advice that Sherlock never asked for anyway,
- and a left shoe.

Title: The Adventure of the Left Shoe

Summary: One of Sherlock’s secret bolt-holes in London is Molly Hooper’s bedroom, and that’s CANON. But how the hell did that happen? - A missing moment from just before “The Reichenbach Fall”. Action, Friendship, and a goodly dose of Hurt/Comfort - or it would be, if Sherlock would ever allow that sort of thing. Unrequited Sherlock/Molly, 100 % canon compatible.

Category: Hurt/Comfort, Friendship, Humour, and don't Molly wish it were Romance, too.

Rating: PG

Feedback is much appreciated!

Link: http://archiveofourown.org/works/2289809/chapters/5034410

Enjoy!

Last edited by La Jolie (September 15, 2014 10:02 am)

September 20, 2014 8:04 pm  #374

Where is everyone? It's getting a little ridiculous, the way I'm monopolising this thread at the moment.

Title: "And yet, here I am"

Summary:
“I once heard a wise man say that sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side, and that you should never let your heart rule your head. It is perhaps a strange whim of nature that the wisest men are always the last to follow their own advice. And that includes myself, I’m afraid. I once told that very same man that caring is not an advantage. And yet, here I am.”

- After the disaster at Appledore, Mycroft Holmes contemplates Sherlock’s future (or lack thereof). Sherlock himself has very little to say on the matter. A missing moment from “His Last Vow”.

Category: Drama, Angst with a capital "A", a lot of Hurt and very little Comfort
Rating: PG-13 (T) for references to suicide
Link: http://archiveofourown.org/works/2325254

It has been described by a reviewer on AO3 as "kind of brutal and yet beautiful", which is exactly what I was aiming for. So be warned. Enjoy it if you can.

Last edited by La Jolie (September 20, 2014 8:07 pm)

September 20, 2014 8:29 pm  #375

I just read it and left kudos and comment. Wonderful scene. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 20, 2014 9:11 pm  #376

La Jolie wrote:

Where is everyone? It's getting a little ridiculous, the way I'm monopolising this thread at the moment.

Title: "And yet, here I am"

Summary:
“I once heard a wise man say that sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side, and that you should never let your heart rule your head. It is perhaps a strange whim of nature that the wisest men are always the last to follow their own advice. And that includes myself, I’m afraid. I once told that very same man that caring is not an advantage. And yet, here I am.”

- After the disaster at Appledore, Mycroft Holmes contemplates Sherlock’s future (or lack thereof). Sherlock himself has very little to say on the matter. A missing moment from “His Last Vow”.

Category: Drama, Angst with a capital "A", a lot of Hurt and very little Comfort
Rating: PG-13 (T) for references to suicide
Link: http://archiveofourown.org/works/2325254

It has been described by a reviewer on AO3 as "kind of brutal and yet beautiful", which is exactly what I was aiming for. So be warned. Enjoy it if you can.

I just read this, Jolie, it's amazing! It's what I wished for someone to write because I couldn't imagine where they'd keep Sherlock. How did you know about these cells, if I may ask?

Apart from that, I just posted a story which took rather a long time to finish because it didn't seem complete for so long, I kept adding and changing parts until it felt right. It's about how the hiatus might have been for John if he'd known that the suicide wasn't real, and about Sherlock's return with this different scenario.
If anyone's interested, here it is:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/2333774

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

September 21, 2014 12:05 pm  #377

Thank you for the compliments, Susi and Kerkerian.

I'm glad you liked it. I hope I haven't traumatised you. At least not too badly.

Susi, I will reply to your comment on AO3.

Kerkerian wrote:

It's what I wished for someone to write because I couldn't imagine where they'd keep Sherlock. How did you know about these cells, if I may ask?

I'm in the legal profession. I no longer do criminal law (thankfully) but it was part of my training so I've actually seen these places, and seen them in use, too. They're where prisoners are put when they go off the rails and attack their fellow inmates or prison staff, but they're also used for suicide watches, which is what my scenario essentially is. I do feel a bit guilty about using it as a backdrop for entertainment purposes, but it's what kept coming into my head whenever I tried to picture the post-Appledore events...

Last edited by La Jolie (September 21, 2014 12:07 pm)

September 26, 2014 2:02 pm  #378

@Schmiezi, just read your latest fix and just love it! It's super sweet, kudos!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

September 26, 2014 3:55 pm  #379

mrshouse wrote:

@Schmiezi, just read your latest fix and just love it! It's super sweet, kudos!

Aww, thank you!

I posted it early in the morning and didn't have time to link it here. Well, here it is:

Conditional Sentences[/url] (1932 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/Schmiezi]Schmiezi
Chapters: 1/1
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Rating: Mature
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes & John Watson, Mary Morstan/John Watson
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Mary Morstan, Mummy (Sherlock)
Additional Tags: Johnlock - Freeform, Character Death, Romance, Sherlock's POV, Sherlock Loves John, Pining, Angst, Angst with a Happy Ending, Grief/Mourning, Mary is Not Nice
Summary:

“What if I'll never be able to love you back?” he murmurs, pressing his face against my throat. Hiding from the world within this safe haven built with rumpled sheets and dried semen and me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 26, 2014 4:01 pm  #380

I love it! So wonderful what you made of a prompt that could have turned into a silly high-school romance. Kudos. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera