BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 23, 2014 12:50 pm  #181

Re: Technical Help and Questions

Ah, that's good to know.

April 23, 2014 3:20 pm  #182

Yh I had the same problem! It worked fine at first, but at the moment it's not! it doesn't matter though, because you can easily find the things you want anyway!

"Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street.”
 - Sherlock Holmes
"Brainy's the new sexy"  -  Irene Adler
“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”  - John Watson
"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"  - Jim Moriarty

April 23, 2014 3:59 pm  #183

Maybe no one has posted on the thread. You can check this out. If there have been new posts and you did not receive a mail but it has worked before you should really contact the Boss as Harriet said. My subcriptions are working fine. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 23, 2014 4:39 pm  #184

Ok thanks I think I'll wait a bit to try it out and if it still doesn't work I'll ask!!

- Sherlock Holmes
“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”  - John Watson
"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"  - Jim Moriarty

April 23, 2014 6:41 pm  #185

Thanks you guys it was actually in my spam, I had no idea! How do I make it normal? Like how do I make it not go into spam? I really have no idea how, I don't go much on my mail.

SH: Can’t handle a broken heart? How very telling.
MH: Don’t be smart.
SH: That takes me back. [adopts creepy child voice]“Don’t be smart Sherlock, I’m the smart one.”
MH [darkly]: I am the smart one.
SH: I used to think I was an idiot
MH: I'm living in a world of goldfish.
SH: I don’t know. No, I thought perhaps you might have found yourself a…goldfish.
MH: Change the subject. Now.

April 23, 2014 7:30 pm  #186

Do you check your e-mail via webmail? Normally there should be a function in your spam folder that says "not spam". It's also often called a whitelist, so you need to add the sender address of the forum to your whitelist so that your provider recognizes it as "not spam" in the future. There should be a Help or FAQ feature for your webmail account too where you can look that up. Every e-mail provider is a bit different, so we couldn't give you specific instructions.

April 23, 2014 8:27 pm  #187

TeeJay wrote:

Do you check your e-mail via webmail? Normally there should be a function in your spam folder that says "not spam". It's also often called a whitelist, so you need to add the sender address of the forum to your whitelist so that your provider recognizes it as "not spam" in the future. There should be a Help or FAQ feature for your webmail account too where you can look that up. Every e-mail provider is a bit different, so we couldn't give you specific instructions.

Okay thanks TeeJay! I'll see to that right now.

SH: Can’t handle a broken heart? How very telling.
MH: Don’t be smart.
SH: That takes me back. [adopts creepy child voice]“Don’t be smart Sherlock, I’m the smart one.”
MH [darkly]: I am the smart one.
SH: I used to think I was an idiot
MH: I'm living in a world of goldfish.
SH: I don’t know. No, I thought perhaps you might have found yourself a…goldfish.
MH: Change the subject. Now.

April 23, 2014 9:57 pm  #188

My avatar doesn't seem to be working and I'm not sure why!!! I've double checked the URL and it's fine - anything I'm missing???

- Sherlock Holmes

April 23, 2014 10:20 pm  #189

I can see it just fine. Do you have an ad blocker running that might block it on your computer?

April 24, 2014 6:40 am  #190

I can see your avatar but not the pic in your signature. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 24, 2014 6:59 am  #191

Richard Brook wrote:

My avatar doesn't seem to be working and I'm not sure why!!! I've double checked the URL and it's fine - anything I'm missing???

Maybe it's too big? As in bits, bytes and inches, I mean. Most forums I know have limits when it comes to that.

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

April 24, 2014 7:56 am  #192

I can see your avatar perfectly well. The one beneath your name. What should it be like?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 24, 2014 9:41 am  #193

Yeah, the URL of the signature gif doesn't seem to be correct. When I try to access the image, I get redirected to the ezgif.com main webpage.

April 24, 2014 11:08 am  #194

Okay I had a look at the site and it looks like it's a gif animation creator. Generally these sites do *not* host the final images.

The URL you are using is this: http://ezgif.com/save/gif_250x285_dad4f6.gif?_ which I imagine is the URL created when you finished making your gif.

You will need to have downloaded the final gif to your computer and then uploaded it to an image hosting site. Once it's on the image hosting site you can use the instructions Russell posted earlier

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 24, 2014 4:23 pm  #195

Oh sorry you're right I meant signature!!!! Ok thanks so I need to try and download it???? I'll have a go! Thanks!!

- Sherlock Holmes

April 25, 2014 9:38 am  #196

Yeah, those gif creation sites don't generally host as well. Takes up too much space. So you'll need to create your gif, right click on the final product and save it somewhere, then upload it to a hosting site as per Russell's directions earlier  

Feel free to PM me if you get confused. 

Oh one other thing, you may want to change the font colours in your signature. The blue is basically unreadable on the black background. The higher the contrast between your font and your background, the more readable it is

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 25, 2014 10:13 pm  #197

Ok thanks a lot!!!

- Sherlock Holmes

May 23, 2014 12:53 pm  #198

Isn't this site enabled in tapatalk? I was searching for this forum on the tapatalk servers but looks like it's not included. I'm not much of a programmer but from what I understand from their website (http://tapatalk.com) it's not much of a hassle to include a forum in the tapatalk servers. So @admins could you do that if it's not too much of a hassle?? Pretty please? Most of the time I browse from my cellphone and enabling tapatalk for this forum would make the experience feel like desktop browsing.

By the way, Tapatalk is a mobile app to provide improved forum access for mobile platforms. It allows the user to have a unified interface to access multiple forums at the same time. It’s available for android, ios and windows phone. Forum software systems supported by Tapatalk are phpBB3, vBulletin, xenForo, IPBoard, Simple Machine, MyBB, bbPress, Kunena and Vanilla.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Series arc of Sherlock | Clues to #johnlock being endgame | My fav Sherlock blog

August 18, 2014 10:14 am  #199

I have a question...I'd like to put a link up to this forum, but in a "nice" way. Is there some template that I can just copy? I mean to have a nice little "image link" instead of just an ordinary link. Do you know what I mean? I have no idea what that's called in English? help?

"It is what it is."

September 8, 2014 9:34 pm  #200

Hello hello somebody out there? ;-)
(nooo, this is not me being a bit impatient... nooooo... I'll shut up :D )

"It is what it is."

Board footera