BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 10, 2014 11:56 am  #1241

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

My pleasure. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 10, 2014 12:00 pm  #1242

Just read Schmiezis " Bend, not broken" and loved every single word. I know she has a baby to look after but I hope it will be updated soon! Very very soon.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 10, 2014 12:03 pm  #1243

Yes, I have the great honour of beta reading and I really love it. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 10, 2014 12:10 pm  #1244

My pleasure. 

August 10, 2014 8:54 pm  #1245

I think I discovered a new author not recommended so far. The name is "cwb". Here are two recs. This one is a single work, sweet, sexy, and very funny:

I'm Pretty Sure This Changes Shit[/url] (7670 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/cwb]cwb
Chapters: 1/1
Fandom: Sherlock (TV), [url=http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Sherlock%20Holmes%20*a*%20Related%20Fandoms]Sherlock Holmes & Related Fandoms[/url]
Rating: Explicit
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson, Sherlock Holmes & John Watson
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Mrs. Hudson, Greg Lestrade
Additional Tags: Accidents, Crime Scenes, Medical Procedures, Hurt/Comfort, Teasing, Blow Jobs, Oral Sex, Anal Fingering, Fluff and Smut, Fluff, Naked Cuddling, Developing Relationship, Doctor/Patient
Summary: 

Back at the flat Sherlock threw himself down on the couch, limbs akimbo, throat bared, one wrist placed strategically over his furrowed brow. He moaned, but not too loudly, just under the threshold of noticeably dramatic. He unbuttoned the top three buttons of his shirt with his other hand, making sure that John had plenty of chest to explore. Exploration was good. Exploration was highly encouraged.blue

August 10, 2014 8:56 pm  #1246

This one is from the same author, a series consisting of four short fics. It had me laughing out loud and is very sweet without being sentimental or too OOC. I am posting a link to the first one and if you like, you can go on from there. And, yes, it is completely written as dialogue, all four parts of it. 

Wait, What? What Romantic Relationship?[/url] (4225 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/cwb]cwb
Fandom: Sherlock (TV), [url=http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Sherlock%20Holmes%20*a*%20Related%20Fandoms]Sherlock Holmes & Related Fandoms[/url]
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Greg Lestrade, Mrs. Hudson, Mycroft Holmes
Additional Tags: Dialogue-Only, Dialogue, Romance, Romantic Comedy, Romantic Friendship, Romantic Fluff, Friendship, Friends to Lovers, Endearments, Flirting, Bad Flirting, Research
Series: Part 1 of The Dialogue of John and Sherlock
Summary: 

Sherlock decides that he and John are in a romantic relationship. John tries to educate Sherlock on what that actually means.

Last edited by SusiGo (August 10, 2014 8:57 pm)

August 16, 2014 5:17 am  #1247

This is a good one and won't take too long to read. The Thin Line by Odamaki.
Rated mature, first time, John on top, Sherlock virgin, this author can write! A lot of authors can write genuine-reading emotions, but this one can also set the scene with descriptions of the light in the room and other details.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1861350?view_adult=true

August 18, 2014 9:48 am  #1248

Guys guys guys guys guys!
Goodreads is allowing fic recs! Just got linked to this: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/76796.Sherlock_M_M_Fan_Fiction

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

August 18, 2014 8:13 pm  #1249

ancientsgate wrote:

This is a good one and won't take too long to read. The Thin Line by Odamaki.
Rated mature, first time, John on top, Sherlock virgin, this author can write! A lot of authors can write genuine-reading emotions, but this one can also set the scene with descriptions of the light in the room and other details.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1861350?view_adult=true

I liked this one, AG.  Even though Sherlock was the one who said, "I don't mind" in this story, it helped me make sense of John saying it in TsoT.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

August 30, 2014 7:43 pm  #1250

I have never been much of an AU reader, but Susi's recs left some impression. Speaking as someone who read a good share of Dickens at Uni, I recommend

The Frost Is All Over[/url] (148518 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/Chryse]Chryse
Chapters: 21/21
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Warnings: Author Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Mycroft Holmes, Jim Moriarty, Mike Stamford, Molly Hooper
Summary:

John was brave and clever and loyal, a commoner who longed for an exciting life.
Sherlock was dashing and brilliant and passionate, an Earl’s son who longed to solve crimes.
Being a Tale of Glorious Adventures, Love Letters, Treachery, Longing, Secret Identities, Deathbed Confessions, First Kisses, Daring Escapes, and True Love.

I enjoyed it very much. In the beginning it is cute, then depressing (in a good way), then there's smut.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 31, 2014 3:32 pm  #1251

I adore this one: Perpetual Motion by Fay(citrine) on AO3.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1730300/chapters/3689645

Explicit, Johnlock.

Amazing exploration of trust between John and Sherlock. WIP at the time of this rec, but she will finish it.

August 31, 2014 3:40 pm  #1252

I Usually avoid fics when the author says that it is not beta-ed. But the fact that you enjoyed it seems to indicate that there are not too many mistakes in it. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 31, 2014 6:31 pm  #1253

Schmiezi wrote:

I Usually avoid fics when the author says that it is not beta-ed. But the fact that you enjoyed it seems to indicate that there are not too many mistakes in it. :-)

Not beta'd and not finished are usually two things I strictly stay away from. I don't know which is worse.

August 31, 2014 6:50 pm  #1254

ancientsgate wrote:

Schmiezi wrote:

Not beta'd and not finished are usually two things I strictly stay away from. I don't know which is worse.

Not beta'd is worse, IMO. It always feels like the author does not value his work enough to present it in its best possible state. And if the author does not invest some time to have it beta'd, why should I invest time to read it?

For WIPs, I must admit that I am so very happy about all those who follow my own WIP at the moment, even though updates are a bit slow right now. (One reason being that I insist on publishing only after betaing. The other simply that I lack time to write at the moment.)
On the other hand, I am unable to follow more than two WIPs myself. I start mixing up the plots and forget what the last chapter was about.

September 1, 2014 12:27 am  #1255

Schmiezi wrote:

For WIPs, I must admit that I am so very happy about all those who follow my own WIP at the moment, even though updates are a bit slow right now. (One reason being that I insist on publishing only after betaing. The other simply that I lack time to write at the moment.)
On the other hand, I am unable to follow more than two WIPs myself. I start mixing up the plots and forget what the last chapter was about.

Yeah, I only follow one or two WIPs at a time; as you said, it's all I can manage, in order to retain the plot enough to carry on only once a week, once a month, etc. I always re-read the last chapter, and then go on to the new, which really adds to my enjoyment of the whole experience. But generally speaking, I avoid WIPs like the plague, mostly because I've been burned way too often by orphaned stories.

Last edited by ancientsgate (September 1, 2014 12:28 am)

September 1, 2014 11:56 am  #1256

Schmiezi wrote:

I have never been much of an AU reader, but Susi's recs left some impression. Speaking as someone who read a good share of Dickens at Uni, I recommend

The Frost Is All Over[/url] (148518 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/Chryse]Chryse
Chapters: 21/21
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Warnings: Author Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Mycroft Holmes, Jim Moriarty, Mike Stamford, Molly Hooper
Summary:

John was brave and clever and loyal, a commoner who longed for an exciting life.
Sherlock was dashing and brilliant and passionate, an Earl’s son who longed to solve crimes.
Being a Tale of Glorious Adventures, Love Letters, Treachery, Longing, Secret Identities, Deathbed Confessions, First Kisses, Daring Escapes, and True Love.

I enjoyed it very much. In the beginning it is cute, then depressing (in a good way), then there's smut.

Thank you very much for your rec!
I started reading last night and can't get enough, it's just too good to be true. What a gem of a story.

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

September 1, 2014 6:12 pm  #1257

SusiGo wrote:

This one is from the same author, a series consisting of four short fics. It had me laughing out loud and is very sweet without being sentimental or too OOC. I am posting a link to the first one and if you like, you can go on from there. And, yes, it is completely written as dialogue, all four parts of it. 

Wait, What? What Romantic Relationship?[/url] (4225 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/cwb]cwb
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Greg Lestrade, Mrs. Hudson, Mycroft Holmes
Additional Tags: Dialogue-Only, Dialogue, Romance, Romantic Comedy, Romantic Friendship, Romantic Fluff, Friendship, Friends to Lovers, Endearments, Flirting, Bad Flirting, Research
Summary: 

Sherlock decides that he and John are in a romantic relationship. John tries to educate Sherlock on what that actually means.

What a fantastic read! So witty. And her other work is great too. Thanks!

September 1, 2014 7:14 pm  #1258

Snootiegirl99 wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Summary: 

What a fantastic read! So witty. And her other work is great too. Thanks!

She is considering to write a fifth part of the series! YAY.

September 1, 2014 7:15 pm  #1259

Very good news indeed. 

September 1, 2014 7:18 pm  #1260

And she promised that the polar bear died of natural causes. Very glad to hear that, because polar bears are brilliant, as we all know.

Board footera