BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 15, 2014 6:40 pm  #1

Michael Price (the composer)

I think I'd count Michael Price (the composer of "Sherlock's" music) as part of the creative team, wouldn't you? Here's an interview he gave to HitFix; in it he touches on his work for "Sherlock" but also talks about his composing generally.

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

August 27, 2014 2:23 am  #2

Re: Michael Price (the composer)

Of course.
I wonder how they do it... catch the essence of a film and create music out of it.
I'm always overwhelmed by good film music, because I'm incredibly aware that a film is only as good as the music it comes along with.

"It is what it is."

August 27, 2014 7:04 am  #3

So true.    Congratulations to Michael Price and David Arnold for winning the well-deserved Emmy award! 

August 27, 2014 5:36 pm  #4

You'll find more links etc. on Michael & David over in the Soundtrack section.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 9, 2014 11:32 pm  #5

New interview about how they compose the music for Sherlock:  www.tvgoodness.com/2014/09/09/tuned-in-tuesday-sherlocks-emmy-award-winning-composer-michael-price-exclusive-interview/ 

September 10, 2014 7:02 am  #6

Very interesting, thanks.  I didn't realise that the music isn't really written and until he's seen the episode on screen.  I'd thought that the music would largely be written to the script, then adapted to fit. 

September 10, 2014 11:18 am  #7

I thought it too.But now is clear why is sometimes so matching to what the actors do, wuth their movements and the feelings they show.

Board footera