BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 3, 2014 12:43 pm  #1201

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

There was a furor about it across fandom on Tumblr and Twitter. And not just in the Sherlock fandom. People were furious that Moran took someone's work and used it to humiliate the writer, and all writers of fic. She also lied to Ben and Martin and told them there was nothing uncomfortable in the fic (there was kissing, which you can understand them being uncomfortable reading aloud!).

It backfired on her in a huge way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

August 3, 2014 5:13 pm  #1202

gently69 wrote:

I think I just heard of that interview but haven't seen it.

Most evidence of it was pulled from the internet right quick after the sh** hit the fan. It made such a ruckus at the time, the ripples from it even reached me, where I live in the back of my cave. So yeah, it was a big stinky (I mean that literally) deal at the time. Shameful.  For some people, they cannot seem to separate the actors from their characters from the fan fic that follows, and that's really too bad, to say the least.

August 3, 2014 5:15 pm  #1203

Schmiezi wrote:

I think there is a link somewhere on the forum. (There is ALWAYS a link somewhere on the forum.)
I've seen the interview an d felt bad watching it. Another example of "Fremdschämen".

gently:
http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/sherlock/28711/sherlock-the-empty-hearse-qa-with-benedict-cumberbatch-martin-freeman-more
A transcript of the whole thing.

And here it is:
http://player.bfi.org.uk/player/watch-sherlock-the-empty-hearse-panel-discussion-154094376/NocDQyazpdBay4kF5tYianN437sIHuWo

So it is still out there. How unfortunate. I won't be looking, thanks anyway. The whole thing dismays me.

August 3, 2014 5:17 pm  #1204

Mattlocked wrote:

I think in the text it's only this?
[Five giggly minutes or so of online fan-fiction being read out and discussed here, before the questions were opened up to the audience].

Yes, see? Most if not all of the evidence of what was actually said and done was pretty well killed in the immediate aftermath of the ruckus that ensued across the fandom.  I cannot imagine anyone calling it "giggly".  Tittering is probably a better word than giggling. Embarrassing, all of it. Ugh. Poor Ben and Martin.

August 3, 2014 5:19 pm  #1205

Germansherlockfan wrote:

I haven't watched the video yet, but I have read a lot of blog entries and commentaries about this incident and some say it had been incredibly awkward and uncomfortable, others say it had been a nice event in general and just a tiny bit embarrassing, but either way I think it's not okay at all to use a piece of fanfiction in that particular way without getting a permission from its author. And I' m very sorry Mildredandbobbin had to go through this and her name and her fanfiction had been all over the internet. She seems like a very nice and thoughtful person and her writing is brilliant, the Reunion series is beautiful and very gripping and her series Scars is even better in my opinion, deeply moving and absolutely true in its characterisations.

I agree. And if anything good came out of that mess, it's that more people found out about her writing and got lots of pleasure from reading her fine work.

August 3, 2014 5:19 pm  #1206

Oh don't remind me...I still try and eradicate this memory!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 4, 2014 5:35 am  #1207

I just found a cute little fic about hair dye. Seriously, that's what it's about. Try it though, it's cute.

http://she-burns1.livejournal.com/87901.html#cutid1

Title: Ginger
Author: she_burns1
Word Count: 2,123
Rating: PG
Warnings: Unabashedly fluffy - FLUFFY TO THE MAX.
Pairing: Sherlock/John
Summary: Sherlock. John. Hair Dye. Gingers.
Disclaimers: I own nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 4, 2014 6:48 am  #1208

SusiGo wrote:This is very, very good:

url=http://archiveofourown.org/works/1162988]On the Other Side[/url] (35839 words) by Mildredandbobbin
Chapters: 8/8
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Rating: Explicit
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson
Additional Tags: Angst, Sexual Content, Post-His Last Vow, Sherlock Series 3 Spoilers, Johnlock - Freeform, Mildly Dubious Consent, Infidelity, Mary is not a good person in this story, post-series 3, Eventual Happy Ending, Post-Season/Series 03 Fix-It, Baby Watson
Summary: 

“This is what you’ve wanted isn’t it?” John says mockingly, cuttingly, fists bunched on Sherlock’s collar, simultaneously  holding him close and shoving him with sharp knuckles against the wall. “You should be happy now: she’s gone, and I’m all yours.”I started reading this and think it's absolutely brilliant written. And girls ... it's suitable for me. I think I finally crossed the line ... concerning this matter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 4, 2014 7:10 am  #1209

So glad, gently. Welcome to the club. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 4, 2014 8:49 am  #1210

Whoop whoop! Welcome! Ehehehe

August 4, 2014 10:54 am  #1211

YAY, welcome, gently.

All the good stuff you can read now ...

I would start with this one:

The Curious Case of the Howl in the Night[/url] (8143 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/sideris]sideris
Chapters: 1/1
Fandom: Sherlock (TV), [url=http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Sherlock%20Holmes%20*a*%20Related%20Fandoms]Sherlock Holmes & Related Fandoms[/url]
Additional Tags: First Time, Kissing
Summary:

"You made me howl, John." Sherlock's tone is accusatory, his eyes blazing with indignation. "There has to be an explanation. I don't ...howl."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 4, 2014 12:25 pm  #1212

Ah Gently, we knew you'd come around.  

Would you like to make your membership in the OSAJ official now?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 4, 2014 12:32 pm  #1213

Didn't know that I was an unofficial member, tonnaree.

But I have to admit I still am different in my Johnlock views.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

August 4, 2014 12:53 pm  #1214

Well, you were in training.  

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 4, 2014 1:04 pm  #1215

I deleted trainee a while ago.

(Tony Hadley)

August 4, 2014 3:36 pm  #1216

ah.
My apologises for not being more observant.
I have been slightly distracted lately from my Presidentail duties. 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 5, 2014 8:59 am  #1217

Schmiezi wrote:

YAY, welcome, gently.

The Curious Case of the Howl in the Night[/url] (8143 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/sideris]sideris
Fandom: Sherlock (TV), [url=http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Sherlock%20Holmes%20*a*%20Related%20Fandoms]Sherlock Holmes & Related Fandoms[/url]
Summary:

"You made me howl, John." Sherlock's tone is accusatory, his eyes blazing with indignation. "There has to be an explanation. I don't ...howl."

Jesus, that was hot! Thanks for the recommandation Schmiezi. One question: What is OSAJ? And where can I get a membership card    ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

August 5, 2014 9:04 am  #1218

You just have to copy the pic into your sig. Tonnaree is our president and founder. She is happy to welcome new members anytime. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 5, 2014 12:20 pm  #1219

stoertebeker wrote:

Schmiezi wrote:

YAY, welcome, gently.

Summary:

Jesus, that was hot! Thanks for the recommandation Schmiezi. One question: What is OSAJ? And where can I get a membership card ?

Yes dear.  Please join us in the Official Society of Aggressive Johnlockers.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 5, 2014 3:29 pm  #1220

SilentAuror has a new one up!

At the Heart of it All
SilentAuror
Summary:
[quote888]John has been back at Baker Street for four months now and thinks it's about time they had the Talk to see whether or not they could be more than friends. Sherlock has a lot of uncertainty about this concept for multiple reasons. Unabashed romance.[/quote888][/quote888]

Last edited by tonnaree (August 5, 2014 3:29 pm)

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera