BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 29, 2014 11:37 am  #2101

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

CAM ...Magnussen!
I f...hate this men!
His brillant mine, and than....arg..
I can understand why Sherlock sais about him, that he got the feeling to vomit if he thinks about him.
Well...

I didn't even flinch when Sherlock shot this a...h...

Last edited by Draconia (July 29, 2014 11:37 am)

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

July 29, 2014 12:11 pm  #2102

ancientsgate wrote:

I hated that scene. I hated CAM anyway, but....  I hated how John stood there and took that, and how Sherlock stood by and did nothing. I understand that it was all a plot device, but it made me cringe. Still does, even now.

Watching their faces.  John's rage.  Sherlock's heartache.  I was honestly clutching my Watson bear (yes, he watches with me - you got a problem with that *giggle* ) with tears rolling down my face.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 29, 2014 1:12 pm  #2103

So now I will take another look at that scene, just to show you another picture which really impressed me.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 29, 2014 1:23 pm  #2104

This: Look at the corner of his mouth. Just a tiny little lowering, but it shows us rage, fury.
You can see that he can hardly bear to wait for the right moment.
Again: Impressive.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 29, 2014 1:30 pm  #2105

And also impressive how Benedict can show us these feelings with just this little ... Wow!
Sorry off topic ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 29, 2014 1:37 pm  #2106

Mattlocked wrote:

This: Look at the corner of his mouth. Just a tiny little lowering, but it shows us rage, fury.
You can see that he can hardly bear to wait for the right moment.
Again: Impressive.

Oh, yes, I realize that Sherlock was positively seething all during the face-flicking thing. But when John looked over at him, Sherlock nodded at him, as if to say, it's okay, just let him do it.  Ugh.

July 29, 2014 1:38 pm  #2107

gently69 wrote:

And also impressive how Benedict can show us these feelings with just this little ... Wow!
Sorry off topic ...

Fabulous actor. MF is as well, but they have very different styles. But... oh, the chemistry between their characters!  THUD

July 29, 2014 1:46 pm  #2108

Yes, ag, makes Johnlock even more realistic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

July 29, 2014 1:47 pm  #2109

ancientsgate wrote:

gently69 wrote:

Sorry off topic ...

Fabulous actor. MF is as well, but they have very different styles. But... oh, the chemistry between their characters!  THUD

Amen!

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

July 29, 2014 1:49 pm  #2110

And this is exactly why I am convinced that nothing they do - no gesture, no little face movement - is accidental. Where Johnlock is concerned and everywhere else as well.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 30, 2014 7:28 am  #2111

(Tony Hadley)

July 30, 2014 7:29 am  #2112

And one pic out of the link I just posted.

This eye contact!!!

(Tony Hadley)

July 30, 2014 7:43 am  #2113

Buttoning up his shirt blindly so that he can look at John. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 30, 2014 7:48 am  #2114

And I never realised how John is responding Sherlock's look until ... I got the Johnlock view.

(Tony Hadley)

July 30, 2014 8:25 am  #2115

Quite interesting. It seems Moffat has a romantic side as well (and his own inspirations):

http://loudest-subtext-in-television.tumblr.com/post/93292430219/the-princess-bride-moffat-and-tjlc

July 30, 2014 8:29 am  #2116

Moffat, you old ...

(Tony Hadley)

July 30, 2014 9:19 am  #2117

gently69 wrote:

And I never realised how John is responding Sherlock's look until ... I got the Johnlock view.

Yes, sometimes you have to look closely to not miss anything. Of course, if people don't want to see it, they won't see that John is returning Sherlock's look here. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 30, 2014 9:34 am  #2118

But he IS returning Sherlock's look. That's a fact. Only some people might think we misinterpret it.

(Tony Hadley)

July 30, 2014 9:36 am  #2119

Yes, he is, but I guess you have to be willing to pay attention to these sort of things. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 30, 2014 9:48 am  #2120

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Series arc of Sherlock | Clues to #johnlock being endgame | My fav Sherlock blog

Board footera