BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 30, 2014 7:00 am  #121

Re: Benedict to play Hamlet on stage

Solar, during or after the show?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 30, 2014 7:03 am  #122

During the show, his understudy had to take over for almost one month.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 30, 2014 7:05 am  #123

Oh, that's ...
So let's keep the fingers crossed for Benedict. And I have to admit that I am a little bit selfish as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

July 30, 2014 7:18 am  #124

You're not the only one, gently. I'm sure it's as bad for the actor as for the audience when something like this happens.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 30, 2014 7:51 am  #125

Aww phantom, big hugs to you from me, I am a bit worried about you now!!  When I have felt at my lowest I have (possibly ridiculously) thought about what Benedict would do.  I'm sure he would tell you not to put yourself in a difficult position in order to get tickets to see him. 

The Barbican is massive - over 1,000 seats and I am confident everyone who wants a ticket will get one - maybe not their first choice of date or best choice of seat but we will all get to see him.

Please do not worry yourself about what might go wrong (although I appreciate I'm the one that started the 'what if he's ill thing!).  Rebecca is right - I don't think he would have signed up to do it if he didn't think he could take it.  There is a long way to go before the actual event and I'd hate to think you were worrying for all that time.

If you were in the UK I'd say make a cup of tea and everything will seem better - is there an equivalent in Denmark?! (And I'm not belittling how you feel, I honestly believe a cup of tea does make you feel better!!)

More hugs and I hope you are feeling better today xx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

July 30, 2014 8:03 am  #126

Oh Phantom, please don't worry.
I echo what Biggles says - he really wouldn't want you to be unhappy as an indirect result of his work;)
I don't have membership either - as much as I adore BC, I couldn't really bring myself do take out membership for one production; I tend to visit various theatres and plays, rather than just the Barbican.
So it will be a bit nerve racking for us to wait for general release, but I'm sure we'll get some.
As for the length of the run; Benedict looks to be keeping himself really fit and healthy right now - I'm sure he'll be fine, and it will be directed in such a way that it doesn't completely drain all his energy

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

July 30, 2014 8:18 am  #127

Thank you for the hugs everyone... I just hate myself for what I've done, and I know Benedict wouldn't approve if he ever knew...

I don't want to worry about his health, if anything he's one of the most healthy, level headed and sound actors. He knows what he's doing I'm sure! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 30, 2014 8:25 pm  #128

Hamlet Hamlet Hamlet Hamlet Hamlet Hamlet Hamlet Hamlet Hamlet Hamlet Hamlet Hamlet Hamlet - so excited, not long to go - can't really be more EXCITED!!!!!  The adorable Benedict will be 'in the house'.

I am sure everyone will get tickets who wishes to, including those waiting for the general sale - a massive venue and a three month run.  Good luck to everyone x

Okay, this isn't quite Hamlet, but near enough - from the same play anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
"You get to see a guy who’s just slightly on the edge of being different, and he’s a hero for people who feel they are different or maybe slightly on the edge of society.” Benedict Cumberbatch

July 30, 2014 8:27 pm  #129

I love him in that short scene. The acting as well as the costume. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 30, 2014 8:29 pm  #130

Fantastic scene isn't it - a little 'taster' for next year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
"You get to see a guy who’s just slightly on the edge of being different, and he’s a hero for people who feel they are different or maybe slightly on the edge of society.” Benedict Cumberbatch

July 30, 2014 8:38 pm  #131

It's not really from the same play though. It's close, but it's from "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead".

July 30, 2014 8:39 pm  #132

I think my vision of Hamlet has always fit Benedict well... come to think of it, maybe that's why I fell so hard for him... Yes, I have always had a thing for Hamlet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 30, 2014 8:42 pm  #133

Yes, I have watched it quite often. And Hamlet will give him the chance to show so many sides of his character. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 30, 2014 8:43 pm  #134

It'll be interesting to see how he will portray him. I know what kind of Hamlet I'd like him to play, but... well, we'll see.

July 30, 2014 8:49 pm  #135

Similar to Tennant's version?

(Tony Hadley)

July 30, 2014 8:57 pm  #136

Basically, yes. Of course with Benedict's talent it would still be something completely different.

July 30, 2014 9:01 pm  #137

I'd love to see something with a classic touch... but not too classic either I suppose... 

I'd just like to see it. Period.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 30, 2014 9:07 pm  #138

I have no idea what I'd like to see. Have time on Saturday. Maybe I put Hamlet with Kenneth Branagh on to see if I like this kind.
Though the 2 clips of Tennant's I watched so far seemed quite interesting.

(Tony Hadley)

July 30, 2014 9:17 pm  #139

I'm sure that whatever they will give us, it'll be breathtaking.

July 31, 2014 2:25 pm  #140

So, Hamlet tickets go on sale tomorrow for Barbican Red members. Personally, I'm an Orange member, which means I get to buy my tickets on 4th August.

Did anyone else get themselves a membership just so they could get priority booking?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera