BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 29, 2014 2:30 pm  #1581

Re: Johnlock: The Official Debate

SolarSystem wrote:

We are not talking about 'a relationship' and 'a friendship' here, we are talking about John and Sherlock. Maybe there isn't even an accurate term with which to describe their relationship.
I just know from my personal experience- and we've already been over this again and again and again, but never mind - that I've never seen two men who share such an intimate relationship and call it 'bromance'. It is a very close and very special friendship for sure, but it goes beyond that. The two pics Susi posted earlier really say it all. You don't even have to have them in the room together, you just need one of them and the empty chair of the other one. Things can't get more emotional and intimate than that.

Yes. And there is no room for anyone else. I wonder if there ever was. John kept dreaming of Sherlock while lying in his marriage bed. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 29, 2014 2:32 pm  #1582

Hmmm
But you do get these very close, loving realtionships between straight men, who love each other like brothers are whatever...
A real life example is the English TV presenters Ant and Dec who only ever appear together...
Gently, sorry, what's that part?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 29, 2014 2:32 pm  #1583

SusiGo wrote:

Yes. And there is no room for anyone else. I wonder if there ever was. John kept dreaming of Sherlock while lying in his marriage bed. 

Yes, something that just happens ... you can't controll that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 29, 2014 2:33 pm  #1584

John was misisng his friend and working with him...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 29, 2014 2:33 pm  #1585

Sorry, besley, I was a little bit late again. Put your quote into my post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

July 29, 2014 2:35 pm  #1586

besleybean wrote:

John was misisng his friend and working with him...

One "possible" explanation ... as "possible" as the Johnlock view.

(Tony Hadley)

July 29, 2014 2:43 pm  #1587

Well, most things are possible!

July 29, 2014 2:44 pm  #1588

But not Johnlock ... in your opinion.

(Tony Hadley)

July 29, 2014 2:47 pm  #1589

Oh scientifically speaking, it is possible...
But not the stated intention of the team.

July 29, 2014 2:50 pm  #1590

Reliability of the team, ey?

(Tony Hadley)

July 29, 2014 2:52 pm  #1591

Well so far, yes.

July 29, 2014 2:54 pm  #1592

Well, as it happens that things are being said that we somehow heard before....
Why not do a re-start? 

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

In Canon
In BBC
In Guy Ritche
In any other adaptations.

DIscuss, debate, support, refute Johnlock in all its forms. Have fun.

Personally, I ship Johnlock for fun but don't really take it seriously. To me they're just really good friends. BFFs! It's a bromance.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 29, 2014 2:56 pm  #1593

The team ... what do they say about themselves, besley? How reliable some of their statements are ...

LOL, very good, Mattlocked. No use ... we are just turning around and around and around ...

(Tony Hadley)

July 29, 2014 2:59 pm  #1594

Right. We could just copy and paste from now on. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 29, 2014 3:09 pm  #1595

Well, every now and then there is something new from the Johnlockers ...

(Tony Hadley)

July 29, 2014 3:09 pm  #1596

Indeed. Strangely enough, they keep finding evidence ...

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 30, 2014 9:46 am  #1597

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Series arc of Sherlock | Clues to #johnlock being endgame | My fav Sherlock blog

July 30, 2014 2:39 pm  #1598

That's awesome... thanks for sharing! I'm definitely going to have to dig out my Princess Bride DVD and watch it again. It's been awhile!

July 30, 2014 2:40 pm  #1599

I have not seen the film but this really sounds intriguing. One more deduction for the Johnlock mystery. 

July 30, 2014 3:05 pm  #1600

Now I want to hear Sherlock say "As you wish John."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera