BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 29, 2014 10:08 am  #21

Re: Official Sherlock App - The Network

And still not available on Android. Depends on the demand. Hope it's high enough.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 29, 2014 11:08 am  #22

It's great. But the pictures unscramble is really too difficult for me. Any ideas how you solved those? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 29, 2014 5:41 pm  #23

Oh, I really do think I have to ask hubby tomorrow to load it.
But he might be afraid he won't EVER get back his iPad. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 1, 2014 9:10 pm  #24

It is a truly great app. The puzzles are really interesting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It is simplicity itself"
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

February 2, 2014 7:22 am  #25

SusiGo wrote:

It's great. But the pictures unscramble is really too difficult for me. Any ideas how you solved those? 

I needed some time to figure it out, too. (And the one picture from surveillance satellite is the only puzzle I have to skip/let Sherlock solve it every single time, it is just too unclear). I have no elegant or logic way to solve it, I just play around, first without looking at the key numbers until the picture starts to make some sense, and then I try to put it together with the numbers, also just by playing around. Probably Sherlock would be disappointed , but this is the fastest way for me.

I never got the hang of the underground puzzle.. good thing you don´t really need it.

I also love the videos and voicemail! 

June 16, 2014 5:10 am  #26

Yes!!   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 17, 2014 9:28 pm  #27

Wow, what a game! Never mind that I have real crime work to do, Mrs. Hudson needed me and I spent the morning playing -- I mean looking for her. The production values were really good, even if the minigames got really repetitive. I mostly took cabs because I'm super good at and love slider puzzles. I'm also really good at cracking numeric codes, but not so good at unscrambling pictures.

Martin and Mark were really good in this, spot on in character, like I was watching a missing episode. It seems that Benedict tried too hard and was playing a caricature of Sherlock (writer's fault, not his) without Sherlock's voice in most scenes. I'm grateful for the effort he put in!

I loved the scenes at Baker Street that gave us close ups of props like the titles of books in the living room, the food on the shelves in the kitchen, and a huge pile of clean mugs on the drainboard.

I actually felt like I was doing something wrong during the game where we had to poke around the living room to find clues, that's how immersive the game is!

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

June 18, 2014 10:18 am  #28

Russell wrote:

Yes!!   

Wow, just saw this! Finally................................ 

June 18, 2014 10:35 am  #29

But it isn't released yet, isn't it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 18, 2014 10:39 am  #30

August. Hopefully beginning of August. So I know how to spend my holidays. 

June 18, 2014 12:18 pm  #31

YAY

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 22, 2014 5:13 pm  #32

I love the App I hope there will be an Update soon I got trough it in a few hours and I want more 

July 19, 2014 5:53 pm  #33

After reading this thread, I ran to my iPad to search for this app. It's cool!!

August 8, 2014 6:03 pm  #34

And it's here!!!  (for the rest of us…)          

http://sherlockology.tumblr.com/post/93958581870/sherlock-the-network-android-launch
https://twitter.com/sherlocknetwork

Now, apparently, you can get some free cases if buy through amazon - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M7RFUA4/  (don't know if this is limited by country)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M7RFUA4/   (UK site)

Frankly, I'd love to look over at my phone (or listen to voicemail), and see/hear the following:     

Last edited by Russell (August 8, 2014 6:13 pm)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

August 8, 2014 6:26 pm  #35

Have downloaded it and tried several times but it continues to crash right after the first case is solved.
They had an update now, so I could finally enter the store and buy some more cases, but still I cannot go further then case 1. A bit frustrating, so I'm hoping for more updates.

August 8, 2014 6:47 pm  #36

I bought the app quite a long time ago, around February, March? Best couple hours I've spent playing the game. Definitely worth the money spent. 

August 8, 2014 7:04 pm  #37

Mattlocked wrote:

Have downloaded it and tried several times but it continues to crash right after the first case is solved.
They had an update now, so I could finally enter the store and buy some more cases, but still I cannot go further then case 1. A bit frustrating, so I'm hoping for more updates.

Erf… sorry to hear - several people on the twitter also mentioned, and they replied saying they made updates and had hopefully fixed.  Maybe after a couple more days/tweaks?  Haven't tried it yet myself, just was excited to mention.   Did you get the free cases?

August 8, 2014 7:26 pm  #38

I can't even install it. It must be due to my crappy phone.

August 9, 2014 2:30 pm  #39

Yeah, apparently the app needs over 700 MB of space. Can't install it on my old-ish Android phone either because there's not enough memory left, but I'll try on my new tablet when I get back home (I'm currently in the UK).

Last edited by TeeJay (August 9, 2014 2:31 pm)

August 14, 2014 7:18 pm  #40

I think the app still has some issues being new for android. I personally could not re-read the instructions on how to put that one note together, The one by the kidnapper. Whenever i tried the app froze. Yesterday there was another update with bug fix, maybe they fixed it. I have not yet completed that case because i really don't wanna rush through the game cause i really enjoy it 

Board footera