BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 14, 2012 10:59 pm  #1

What's the difference between instinct and intuition?

Sherlock would probably strongly deny that he uses either (No, I am a man of logic; none of this go by your gut nonsense);

Was just wondering if there is a difference between them or are they just synonyms for the "sixth sense"?

July 17, 2014 5:24 pm  #2

Re: What's the difference between instinct and intuition?

They are both for how you feel , I would put feelings aside always unless its important and its going to lead you somewhere , do some logical deductions and then if you think your getting somewhere go do some thinking and then you could come to a possible conclusion i wouldnt count on your feelings too much as they interfear with the whole processes .

~#Consultivedominatrix#~ "Heros Don't exist , If they did I wouldn't be one of them"

July 17, 2014 8:13 pm  #3

Instinct is a primal reaction, intuition is a gut feeling.

Instinct: Do not let the scary looking man at the door know I'm here! Call 911!

Intuition: The man might look scary, but I'm not getting any bad vibes from him. I'm going to call to him through the window and find out what he wants.

There's a really good book about using instinct and intuition to protect yourself. It's called The Gift of Fear.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

July 17, 2014 8:15 pm  #4

Cool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera