BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 5, 2014 10:11 pm  #121

Re: Series 1/2 and series 3 - a comparison

besleybean wrote:

Are we certain Mycroft didn't know?

Unless we are told he knew, I assume he didn't. Perhaps we will find out otherwise but it comes across as sloppy considering the constant reminding us how much Mycroft knows about what goes on in series one/two, and even at the start of three....we know where John is eating but missed the assassin at the table? Seems kinda....lame.

Eh, oh well, I shall just consider three a wash and hope four is more consistent.  I did enjoy one/two.

Thanks,

Charley

July 6, 2014 8:24 pm  #122

3 is my fave series so far.
So much in it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 13, 2014 10:01 am  #123

I just came across this and can it be: Sherlock and John rode together in a cab only once in S3...? No wonder I still have the feeling that something's missing...

http://dudeufugly.tumblr.com/post/91605185050

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 13, 2014 10:32 am  #124

Yes, and not even in a very good mood. This needs to change. And soon, please. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 13, 2014 10:59 am  #125

As soon as possible! Let's start the Christmas Special with Sherlock and John in a cab, shall we? And next scene: Sherlock and John in 221B.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 13, 2014 12:44 pm  #126

And next scene: Sherlock and John .... 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 13, 2014 1:28 pm  #127

Harriet wrote:

Snogging against a wall?

Sorry, I'll go now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 13, 2014 2:43 pm  #128

Oh no, tonnaree, stay and carry on!

July 24, 2014 10:14 pm  #129

tonnaree wrote:

Harriet wrote:

Snogging against a wall?

No idea what's going on in this thread, just wanted to shout a short "YES" to the above and then I'm gone again

"It is what it is."

September 23, 2014 7:50 pm  #130

Some insignificant observation for the fact that the writers use their best efforts to be subtly cruel to us. Apart from the usual cliffhangers and unsolved dilemmas of course.

Though I know that the whole scene on the roof with Sherlock and Moriarty serves for a mock-up of a fan "how-he-did-it" theory – an absurd and funny theory! – it makes me yearn wistfully for the good old domestic 221B bliss and bickering of series 1 and 2. After all, it kind of echoes the famous post-Angelo's-hallway scene with Sherlock and John.
What the heck did they want to imply?
Consider: Moriarty of all people as Sherlock's best buddy.
Just nooo! Not even for fun...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 23, 2014 7:58 pm  #131

Yes, this is cruel. I so wish for domestic bliss and banter in 221B. There have been so many people who do not belong there. And I am still not over THAT scene … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera