BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 12, 2014 8:16 pm  #1

The real-life Appledore

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 12, 2014 8:32 pm  #2

Re: The real-life Appledore

A cheap little house. 
What a brilliant location they had chosen for the shooting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 12, 2014 9:06 pm  #3

Great find, very interesting, Mattlocked 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 13, 2014 4:00 pm  #4

That was very fascinating article, thanks for sharing. I will probably never be able to have house like that

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

July 13, 2014 9:13 pm  #5

An architectural piece of art  I wonder, how it is to see your own house in a film? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

July 13, 2014 9:38 pm  #6

I think that first housekeeper's thoughts could be "I hope filmmakers won't mess up in the kitchen."

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

July 13, 2014 11:05 pm  #7

Thanks for posting the link, Mattlocked.  I was curious about the house and enjoyed reading about it in this article.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

July 14, 2014 6:30 am  #8

MartaSt wrote:

I think that first housekeeper's thoughts could be "I hope filmmakers won't mess up in the kitchen."

"Hope I don't have do clean all the windows again!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 14, 2014 9:28 am  #9

Schmiezi wrote:

MartaSt wrote:

"What do you mean, someone dies here?" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

July 14, 2014 10:47 am  #10

Marta wrote:

Schmiezi wrote:

MartaSt wrote:

"What do you mean, someone dies here?" 

After seeing police surrounding the house : "Oh no, my flowers!" 

Last edited by MartaSt (July 14, 2014 10:48 am)

"

July 20, 2014 7:14 am  #11

Schmiezi wrote:

MartaSt wrote:

Hah, exactly that i was thinking! How on earh do they clean them? 

The architecture of the house is very interesting, but for me is too cold.

July 30, 2018 7:03 am  #12

"Appledore" will be open to the public ... for four hours in September!  I'm not sure if anybody here lives locally and fancies a look?
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/local-news/sherlock-holmes-benedict-cumberbatch-mansion-1831701

Board footera