BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 4, 2014 6:49 pm  #1

The opposite of Sholto

I know that's a weird title, and this actually refers to someone who hasn't shown up in the BBC series.

But, in Doyle canon, there is one young inspector, Stanley Hopkins, who is something of a Sherlock Holmes fanboy. In a proper Victorian way, of course, but where other inspectors show distrust or jealousy, Hopkins has only admiration. Readers and fanfic writers who are into slash like to interpret that he has a crush.

So it made me wonder how John-of-BBC would feel if there was someone else admiring Sherlock that much and wanting to work with him and learn from him (and in today's British television the guy could even be openly gay.) I wonder if it would be the equivalent of how Sherlock felt about Sholto?

I guess you could say Molly is the closest thing we've seen to this, and John doesn't seem to have a particular problem with her, but then, maybe her being female makes it not the same as his relationship with Sherlock?

July 5, 2014 4:18 pm  #2

Re: The opposite of Sholto

Well, Sherlock did tell John that girlfriends are not his area.     John would be jealous.  He's already shown jealousy toward Irene and Janine.  He can be very territorial where Sherlock is concerned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 5, 2014 6:54 pm  #3

Re: The opposite of Sholto

I would love to see something like that one day, I only had Victor Trevor (The Adventure of the Gloria Scott)  in mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera