BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 28, 2014 12:19 am  #1

Favourite Mark pictures

Alright, am I the only one who collects Mark pictures on their laptop?

If I'm not the only one, why not share the joy in this thread, hehe!

Last edited by Punch me in the face (June 28, 2014 12:20 am)

Just like old times...

June 28, 2014 1:40 pm  #2

Re: Favourite Mark pictures

Look at that cutie, hehe!

Last edited by Punch me in the face (June 28, 2014 2:15 pm)

Just like old times...

June 29, 2014 3:10 am  #3

Oh, no doubt!  Don't always keep up with his career as much, but definitely an adorable smartie!

(Ha... and realized after that that comment could apply to both men) 

Last edited by Russell (June 29, 2014 3:12 am)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 29, 2014 3:29 am  #4

Oh, and... ahem... my other top favorite including him.  (because despite being in costume, so cutely -exactly- Ben and Mark) 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

June 29, 2014 10:37 am  #5

This is my fave picture of Mark. I love this styling.

Last edited by gently69 (June 29, 2014 10:38 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 30, 2014 1:43 am  #6

Ah, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I've never been attracted by men like Brad Pitt or George Clooney. I like guys who have something special, something that makes them really cute and charming but you can't really say what it is, you just know. Mark has that effect on me, hehe! Oh, and I just love his freckles everywhere, especially those on his arms (yeah, don't ask! lol)

One of my favourite setlock pics:

Just like old times...

June 30, 2014 2:05 am  #7

Seeing these, I'm struck by the fact that Ben and Mark have very similar hair colouring in real life. I don't think I ever really clued into the fact that Mark also dyes his hair to play a Holmes. I also never noticed what blue, blue eyes he has! They could be brothers in real life as well as on the show.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

June 30, 2014 6:31 am  #8

Er, that's the very reason it was suggested for the show!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 30, 2014 6:46 am  #9

Punch me in the face wrote:

Ah, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I've never been attracted by men like Brad Pitt or George Clooney. I like guys who have something special, something that makes them really cute and charming but you can't really say what it is, you just know. Mark has that effect on me, hehe!

Well I AM attracted by men like George Clooney (still am, but lost interest in Brad Pitt by now), and at the beginning I was very surprised of being attracted by Benedict that much because he really is different to men I used to adore.
Yes, and Mark also has something. Though I have to admit that I don't find him attractive but very intersting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

June 30, 2014 7:02 am  #10

I adore Mark.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 1, 2014 1:31 pm  #11

Well, my late husband was a beautiful man (according to other people, just not me, because I'd probably be biaised) but I've always been mocked concerning my "taste" in celebrities. My friends and workmates find most of the men I find very sexy "ugly" or really average. Like John Cusack, Alan Rickman, or Mark as we're talking about him. Oh, well, I don't mind. Less rivalry  (yes, I know I stand no chance against Ian, or i'll have to go through a sex change at least, lol)

Anyway, a couple of screencaps I've made of Mark as Phil in the League Of Gentlemen (more particularly from Season 3 because I just love the haircut, the necklace and piercings there hehe). I just love that character. And Mark is damn cute.

Just like old times...

July 1, 2014 2:04 pm  #12

What a guy.

July 1, 2014 10:03 pm  #13

Oh, that's so cute!!    Thanks… never picked up much of him/his career before Sherlock!

July 3, 2014 11:44 am  #14

Ha ha, brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Tony Hadley)

July 3, 2014 11:53 am  #15

@Russell: you should definitely give the League of Gentlemen a go. The first two seasons are hilarious! (well, you have to enjoy very dark humour and have no taboo)

Gently: haha, his face!

Just like old times...

July 3, 2014 11:58 am  #16

Fantastic.

July 3, 2014 12:03 pm  #17

What did you say about dark humour?

Another very nice pic! Imo he is made for beards.

Last edited by gently69 (July 3, 2014 12:07 pm)

(Tony Hadley)

July 4, 2014 4:01 am  #18

Thanks!  I had heard of it before, just unfortunately went right on the too-long list of 'Things to still see'.    It's sort of a sketch-style show, right?  Pretty sure I'd like the humor… (and love Mark  ), just like I said, sometimes you have no idea of certain actors, esp. from a different country, until you find them in something you love.  (See: the entire Sherlock cast)    Although was kind of delightfully hilarious surprise not expecting to see Mark and Rupert in Doctor Who, and Being Human, after 'discovering' them!
See?  He even played 'Lazarus'!   

July 4, 2014 3:17 pm  #19

I have watched the first episode of the League Of Gentlemen thanks to your recommendation (it was hilarious) and I noticed two things: the dog's name was Whiskey and when they listed various jobs they said: tinker, tailor, soldier, spy

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

July 14, 2014 12:21 pm  #20

LOL ... that's great, Pav. Thanks for mentioning it.

London Film and Comic Con

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera