BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 15, 2014 4:26 pm  #1

A Q&A with Claire Pritchard-Jones in Vienna

I'm not sure if it's a right place to put it so if it's not, feel free to move it

There was apparently a convention in Vienna and there was a Q&A with Claire Pritchard-Jones, Sherlock's make-up and hair designer.
This is a summary of the talking: link. And some Benedict's pictures from The Empty Hearse: link and from His Last Vow: link

I can only say I want more. More stories from the set, more pictures and more meetings like that one 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

June 15, 2014 6:04 pm  #2

Re: A Q&A with Claire Pritchard-Jones in Vienna

Great thing, thanks for sharing.  It's great that we can see making of Sherlock not only from perspective of actors, producers or directors but also from other people not less important but rarely mentioned like make-up and hair designer. I would love to hear more stories from for example stunts man or people who were making scenery, it's sad that they are working so hard and in the end most people didn't notice or didn't care about their brilliant job and paid attention only to main stars.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 15, 2014 6:08 pm  #3

I heard about the event in Vienna a few weeks ago and was briefly toying with the idea to go, but I am already travelling a lot this year and simply could not squeeze in another weekend trip. Thank you for posting the links, it is great to get a glimpse into the making of the series. I'd love to go to a meeting like this one day.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

June 15, 2014 6:56 pm  #4

Thank you for the link, Marta!
I love to read about how the whole production team care about these "little things". They add so much to the quality of the show and are highly appreciated by us fans.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 15, 2014 7:01 pm  #5

Thank you, Marta, great pics. And I especially appreciate Claire who gives us the wonderful Sherlock hair on top of all her other work. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 16, 2014 7:08 am  #6

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera