BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 22, 2014 8:52 am  #41

Re: The Interviews Thread

I've just laughed to myself about Benedict's take on this sort of thing ...didn't he recently say something like "you'll never get your enemies to like you"? Which is sort of Benedict's intelligent way of saying "haters are gonna hate"!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 22, 2014 8:52 am  #42

Tinks wrote:

Ugh, I'm glad I didn't read the second one you mention, nakahara no wonder he's so careful with journalists these days.
Yes, that first one began by saying how dreadful he looked the first time they met (he was in costume and tired from filming), how very nice!!

So my suspicion was right - it was the same article.
I would like to know what does this reporter write when she encounters people with some real defect, for example somebody handicaped. "When we first met, he/she was missing a paw...?"
The standard of her writing was so low it bore right through the bottom of Mariana Trench.
And you are right that instead of citing the people of the cast, she only reported her own feelings and opinions on the matter.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 22, 2014 8:58 am  #43

gently69 wrote:

Yes, another good example.
When is your turn for an interview then, Solar? I really would appreciate that!

You would appreciate that...? That's a good one. Guess who'd appreciate it even more...! 

As for journalists in general: You never know what drives them, but things like asking about something like a kidnapping doesn't even have anything to do with their job and how good or bad they are at it, but first and foremost with a bit of common sense. 
Also (and this is not meant to be as 'victim blaming' or anything like that), Benedict can always break off an interview if he feels that it's taking a totally wrong direction. It will probably get him bad press from that particular journalist, but who cares if the result of a completed interview looks almost as bad? But he's probably too much of an gentleman for that. (And I mean that in the most positiv way.)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 22, 2014 9:14 am  #44

I quite like that he remains calm and polite though - I think in the long run that's all the better for him and the worse for them, because most people then see through their agenda and disregard what they write - unless the reader happens to be someone who's already decided to dislike him anyway!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 22, 2014 10:22 am  #45

Well i was at the festival where I live in the dream, as we were sitting at a park bench just chatting, and he was getting me to write his name in shorthand so he could see it, and saying "wow that's like hieroglyphics" (people say that A LOT to me) and he kept it to show his mum.

That festival is in three weeks time.

I think I'll pray each night from here on in that it comes true.

I'm clueing for looks

May 22, 2014 10:39 am  #46

Dreams really can come true you know ;)
Better get a list of questions ready just in case!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 22, 2014 2:33 pm  #47

Tinks wrote:

I quite like that he remains calm and polite though - I think in the long run that's all the better for him and the worse for them, because most people then see through their agenda and disregard what they write - unless the reader happens to be someone who's already decided to dislike him anyway!

I love it how he finds his way out of some pretty inane questions by means of some English humour.

At first some beautiful eye-roll here:

And yet his answer is adorable:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 25, 2014 11:23 pm  #48

I love the eye-roll 

I brought this interview about Star Trek which I adore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAif4bqNgXk

As I read, the interviewer did the quiz to find out what character Benedict will be playing. But Ben pretended to know nothing about Star Trek at all and the identity of Khan remained a secret.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 27, 2014 9:30 am  #49

HAHAHA love that interview Marta!!! He absolutely trolled his way through this one. He kept a serious face throughout which is hilarious. Proves what an actor he is! 

Just came across this cute interview again, Tom Hardy and a very young Benedict all giggly and snicker-ey as Benedict gatecrashes Tom's interview. He seems so at ease and natural here, a rarity with the interviews he do these days.  Somehow his voice these days is much deeper compared to his older interviews, not sure if it is deliberate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5SbV8VQBvE

May 27, 2014 4:45 pm  #50

It's the smoking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 27, 2014 9:47 pm  #51

Don't know if I could call this an interview but it's one of the finest thing I've seen so I put it there. Benedict in Top Gear. Enjoy

http://vimeo.com/70402125

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 28, 2014 1:31 am  #52

That's a fun one, MartaSt! I remembered listening to the episode commentary with Martin, Ben and Mark for The Great Game (it's on YT if you want to check it out) and Mark asked Ben, "Have you done Top Gear?" to which he said "No" and Mark replied, "It's only a matter of time." He was right! XD

May 28, 2014 5:15 am  #53

I must admit, I thought he was so hyper and nervous in that Top Gear interview, that I didn't really enjoy watching it!!
I don't think Jeremy Clarkson helped matters though - he seemed to rattle off questions at him!
The actual driving bit was good to watch, though

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 28, 2014 5:41 am  #54

"USE THE TRACK, Benedict." Best line in that episode, besides "Yippee yi-yay, motherf***er!"  

May 28, 2014 6:39 am  #55

I LOVE this thread, I need to catch up on so many interviews!

I really liked the Top Gear one, even if him talking about the carjacking breaks my heart

And the one with Tom Hardy reminds I need to watch Stuart again before my HBO subscription runs out in a few days

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 28, 2014 6:46 pm  #56

In Top Gear, I loved the fake punch. Benedict was so exited about it, so joyful! 
The carjacking, on the other hand... not the best topic for a conversation.
And it's sweet he did the most laps. He's such a perfectionist in everything he does!

I just watched the interview kaye put in the first post of this topic, which was Benedict on the David Letterman show last year. It didn't seem like David Letterman was familiar with the otter memes and I wonder why did he talk about it. And I'm not mentioning the Star Wars/Star Trek mistake! But he was impressed by Benedict's acting on Star Trek, he even memorised the title (finally) so it wasn't a total disaster. Benedict was very funny though. And when David Letterman kept asking about Harrison's identity, I just loved his answers!   He must have been really relieved after the film premiered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 28, 2014 7:38 pm  #57

Tinks wrote:

I must admit, I thought he was so hyper and nervous in that Top Gear interview, that I didn't really enjoy watching it!!
I don't think Jeremy Clarkson helped matters though - he seemed to rattle off questions at him!
The actual driving bit was good to watch, though

Benedict just seemed like a very different person in that interview. Not the worldly, sophisticated British actor with a dry sense of humour I've come to expect from seeing him interviewed time and again.  He acted more like a fun loving, easy going young man.  I imagine this is the persona fAns see at the conventions.  Or at the Oscars, where he was photo bombing everyone.  Ben does have this  cheeky side to him, which  I think may be more in line with his true personality.

May 28, 2014 7:45 pm  #58

And I think reflects his level of happiness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 13, 2014 10:01 pm  #59

The more Interviews i see the more i love him = )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------               

-------> I am
SHER - LOCKED <-------

October 12, 2014 10:18 pm  #60

Flaunt Magazine short monolouge ish interview

(not the same as posted in the picture thread as this is sans Hiddleston)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODJycL9uelg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera