BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 26, 2012 11:54 pm  #21

Re: Post Your Absence

Molly Hooper wrote:

Ooh, so much fun!
We were followed half-way round a theme park by a gang of 20-year-old French men and visited a creepy cemetery!
No, sorry veecee, I forgot!
I tried to make my trip as Sherlockian as possible but I only managed, a Sherlock Coffee (My first ever!!) and a small re-enactment of the graveyard scene.
But, there was a safe, a REAL safe in my room at the hotel! You can guess what code I programmed in!! But Vactican Cameos isn't as fun on your own

I hope you got something nice at the sale, JM!

Glad you had fun, anyway.

June 27, 2012 12:32 pm  #22

Molly, I think hanging around theme parks might be something of a national occupation for 20 year old French men. Or should I be posting this on the national stereotypes thread? Lol

I really hope there wasn't a baby in the safe!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 1, 2012 12:02 am  #23

Not sure how much I will be around next few days; could be lots or not at all; daughter (lives 3 hours drive away) just went into labour 2 weeks early, so I'm going to be on the road soon. If I'm doing lots of waiting (its caesarean so shouldn't be much of a wait) i'll be back on here; gibbering like a scared monkey, lol.
Oh being a Grandma is not an easy job!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 1, 2012 12:21 am  #24

Congratulations, kazza!! I hope everything went fine!

July 1, 2012 2:26 am  #25

Congratulations, kazza!

July 1, 2012 2:42 am  #26

congrats kazza..i hope everything goes swimmingly..enjoy, grandma

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

July 1, 2012 8:26 am  #27

Keeping my fingers firmly crossed for you Kazza and your daughter, of course. We await your return full of grandmotherly excitement and pride.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 1, 2012 12:44 pm  #28

oh wow thanks everyone, it's been an amazing day. I'm 'in the country' here so the signal is weak at times but I'll see how long I can be online anyway.
It's 10:30pm here Sunday night and my beautiful grand daughter is now 11 & 1/2 hours old
Her name is Emily Cheryl, which I thought doesn't really roll off the tongue (see, I am critical about even the most beautiful things lol) BUT, as some of you have read before, my sister who has been beating cancer for 17 years but slowly losing the battle is named Cheryl; so when my daughter told me her name, I just cried. Cheryl is my daughter's Godmother & if it wasn't for her my kids would have missed out on a lot in life (as I was a single parent & she was my rock of support)
I have always heard of others naming babies after a family member & thought 'oh, that's nice I guess' but never REALLY understood the impact until now. I am the proudest mother & grandmother right now. I keep tearing up just thinking about it.

My daughter is doing well; baby is doing well & I'm feeling pretty darned happy/excited/lotsa other emotions right now.

Of course things didn't go to the careful plan we had all worked out; who was taking holidays when & who would be staying here to help her (as she has one little man who just tirned one and she has had a caeser which means she needs help with lifting things , housework etc) so we've all shuffled things, made a new plan & it means I will travel back home tomorrow evening & then be back here on Friday as her hubby  has to work away over the weekend (even though he is the boss; some things can't be delegated!)
Oh and worst of all; I am now madly knitting my fingers off to finish all the things she asked me to make. I would have had them done in 2 weeks time, lol!

So again thanks for all your kind thoughts & I might chance looking at the forum, just to wind down a bit, lol.
(and if there's any spelling errors I apologise, I am too tired to be fussy right now... heehee

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 1, 2012 1:13 pm  #29

Oh Kazza - congratulations on your new little granddaughter.  My own daughter will be presenting me with such a gift in October.  Your family story is both heartbreaking yet heartwarming and inspiring.  Mrs. Hudson said it all, didn't she.  "Family is all we have in the end, Mycroft Holmes."  Best wishes to you and yours.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 1, 2012 1:18 pm  #30

Oh Kazza - congratulation on the new addition to the family!
I wish you lots of strength, energy and joy in everything you do.
Give my love to your daughter and kiss the baby for me.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 1, 2012 1:36 pm  #31

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Ooh! That makes me just SO happy!!!
I bet your granddaughter is really beautiful, I'm so pleased for you!!
(And that definitely deserves all the exclamation marks it can get!!!)

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 1, 2012 1:38 pm  #32

Wow Kaz...that's brilliant, nice one! (Deserves an exclamation mark).

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 1, 2012 1:46 pm  #33

Congrats Kazza!!!!!!!!!

Look how many exclamation marks
I'm very happy for you, enjoy your new grandaughter

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 1, 2012 2:32 pm  #34

Kazza, congratulations on your new granddaughter and our thoughts are with your sister and all of your family, as well.

July 1, 2012 7:44 pm  #35

!!! That's fantastic news Kazza. I am soooooooo happy for you all. Kisses for everyone!!!

Happy birthday little Emily Cheryl and welcome to The World!

July 1, 2012 8:11 pm  #36

That is so wonderrtful kazza! It makes my day,

Disguise is always a self portrait

July 2, 2012 3:09 am  #37

Hey Kazza, congrats on the new grandbaby! So, which football team will she be supporting, hmm?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 2, 2012 3:23 am  #38

For you, kazza...

Congratulations.

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

July 2, 2012 9:01 am  #39

Great news, Kazza! Happy to hear everything went well. Congratulations to your family!

July 2, 2012 10:06 am  #40

Exclusive pics now taken down.
Ya snooze ya ;lose.

Last edited by kazza474 (July 3, 2012 9:37 am)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

Board footera