BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2012 11:53 pm  #1

What does Watson say?

Hi

In the final scene by the swimming pool, John says "What would you like to make him say next" and then he says something starting with G three times.

This has been nagging me for quite a time.

Thanks for any answers

June 30, 2012 11:59 pm  #2

Re: What does Watson say?

Gottle a' gear-  As a ventriloquist would make his dummy say "Bottle a' beer".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was worth a wound–it was worth many wounds–to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask. The clear, hard eyes were dimmed for a moment, and the firm lips were shaking. For the one and only time I caught a glimpse of a great heart as well as of a great brain. All my years of humble but single-minded service culminated in that moment of revelation.

July 1, 2012 12:41 am  #3

Ohhhh! Finally

Thanks for your answer!

July 1, 2012 12:48 am  #4

It took me a while to figure it out too!  :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was worth a wound–it was worth many wounds–to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask. The clear, hard eyes were dimmed for a moment, and the firm lips were shaking. For the one and only time I caught a glimpse of a great heart as well as of a great brain. All my years of humble but single-minded service culminated in that moment of revelation.

July 1, 2012 7:36 am  #5

It is done to make it clear that John is being used like a puppet and Moriarty can get him to do anything he wants, like a ventriloquist's dummy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 1, 2012 9:27 am  #6

Davina wrote:

It is done to make it clear that John is being used like a puppet and Moriarty can get him to do anything he wants, like a ventriloquist's dummy.

I love that. Moriarty is showing what he can do and he also has a twisted sense of humour. I know John was suffering a lot, but I can't but appreciate how Jim makes fun of them in his own evil way (a good way of portraying a character like him)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 1, 2012 1:29 pm  #7

Yeah...Jim really is quite the psychopath.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera