BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 6, 2014 2:28 pm  #41

Re: How many laptops does one man need?

Not just my idea.  I read something on tumblr and checked it out for myself. I always wondered about that scene because it simply made not sense when taken at face value. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 7, 2014 10:24 am  #42

Yes, such an amount of laptops for a simple chat was ridiculous.
But as a part of Sherlock´s mind palace it makes sense.
BBC was simply messing with things we saw on screen to confuse us. It was the same thing they did with the famous "moving plant" in HLV:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 7, 2014 10:28 am  #43

Yes, that was funny. Although I must admit I did not see it at the time because I was just staring at Sherlock. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 7, 2014 10:33 am  #44

I also overlooked it completely the first time I was watching HLV. The scene was so intense, I didn´t realise at all that some plant was moving.
But some sharp-eyed fans on tumblr noticed this immediately.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 7, 2014 3:53 pm  #45

Some people have way too much time on their hands!
Tee Hee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 7, 2014 3:56 pm  #46

Or they just like to occupy their brains. 

May 7, 2014 4:05 pm  #47

Or they just like to be creative and have as much fun with the show as possible.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera