BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2012 2:46 pm  #1

Series 2 Video Review by Jeremy Jahns

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 30, 2012 3:12 pm  #2

Re: Series 2 Video Review by Jeremy Jahns

I don't think I've ever read or seen a more effusive and fulsome review!  Whoever Jeremy Jahns is, and I googled him and found he has his own YouTube channel, he should join us here!   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

July 1, 2012 2:36 am  #3

This guy knows his sh^t, Great review!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

July 1, 2012 2:58 am  #4

Awesometacular review.
Though with all its weakness, I have a soft spot for some of the Baskerville episode. Just not the main premise.
(say I, as I pop Sherlock into my computer to watch it yet again from beginning of the series).

July 5, 2012 10:42 am  #5

deerstalker wrote:

Awesometacular review.
Though with all its weakness, I have a soft spot for some of the Baskerville episode. Just not the main premise.
(say I, as I pop Sherlock into my computer to watch it yet again from beginning of the series).

I'm not as down on Baskerville as some are either. I guess it is all relative when the bar has been set so high by Moftiss.

Disguise is always a self portrait

July 5, 2012 10:57 am  #6

ewww needs a warning, that hurt my ears.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 5, 2012 12:09 pm  #7

Thanks for the warning Kazza. I turned the sound down, a lot not just a bit, and my ears are...fine. He's very...'enthusiastic' isn't he. Which is good, really it is, because we are all Sherlock enthusiasts but...maybe he needs a little more Ritalin.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 5, 2012 12:17 pm  #8

Oh I could think of many things he needs, lol.
I'm seeing a trend since May; I really need to be more selective in the reviews etc I bother with.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 5, 2012 12:45 pm  #9

My only other comment is that you can tell he's not a Brit because he keeps swearing (badly) with his fingers! That's just from the still above before he opens his mouth.Lol

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 27, 2013 8:11 pm  #10

I totally agreed with the review except for the Baskerville part.  I thought it was an "awesometacular" episode even if it wasn't as intense as Scandal or Fall.  There were so many great character moments.  Sherlock feeling his doubt, having the apologize to John because of the no friends comment, learning Lestraude's first name is Greg, John pulling rank and enjoying as (Sherlock feeling pride for John in that moment), Mycroft's eyeroll when he realized Sherlock was using his ID to break into Baskerville.  I could go on and on. Great stuff.

And in Star Trek videos, Jeremy gushes about Benedict a lot, he even admits to having a bit of a man crush on him

Last edited by josabby (March 27, 2013 8:12 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

April 10, 2013 6:56 pm  #11

love this guy!  especially loved what he said about "Elementary".  Thanks for posting.

Baskerville and  Blind Banker were the two weak episodes in the Sherlock franchise. Both had some great moments in them - but I could fast forward through most of those two episodes just to get to the 'good' parts, and leave the rest.

Also, Baskerville suffered having to come after Scandal, which is, to date, the BEST episode in the series, followed closely by The Great Game.

Board footera