BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 27, 2012 7:16 pm  #41

Re: The Purple Shirt

It's not that I don't approve of other items of clothing on him, but we all love The Purple Shirt of Sex and it has such a history, it would be a shame if it's gone.. :'D

It's weird though that he still has his Belstaff coat at the grave. I mean, he also wore his coat when he "died" and I think that one would own the same coat more than once is quite unlikely.
Still, that means at least the coat is safe!

June 27, 2012 7:24 pm  #42

Ah! But the coat would be one of his personal effects sooo his next of kin would probably be given these. His next of kin would either be his parents (if alive) or...Mycroft!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 27, 2012 7:41 pm  #43

Wow! That is actually possibly a clue! Mycroft is TOTALLY IN ON IT and now we have proof.

June 27, 2012 7:47 pm  #44

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Yeah I really can't imagine Sherlock doing much shopping so it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine him having more than one of the same shirt...He really only seems to have three shirts - white, black and purple

EXAMPLE: In Hounds when he comes back from harpooning the pig he is wearing his white shirt covered in blood. In the very next scene where he is pacing up and down anxiously, he is again wearing his white shirt. Even if it's later on in the day I doubt it was washed and dried that quickly...inference, he has more than one shirt of the same type.

Am I weird if I think he even looked hot in the harpoon and blood scene? OMG, what does that say about me?

June 27, 2012 7:58 pm  #45

veecee wrote:

Am I weird if I think he even looked hot in the harpoon and blood scene? OMG, what does that say about me?

It says that you're spending time in all the right places. *ahem*here*ahem*

June 27, 2012 8:56 pm  #46

Well veecee...I'm pretty sure what a Fruedian analysis would make of it! Ahem! Exactly!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 28, 2012 2:06 am  #47

Purple sheet? Hmm, now that is an idea. But let's make sure Mycroft is there to step on it

June 28, 2012 4:30 am  #48

imane nikko wrote:

veecee wrote:

It says that you're spending time in all the right places. *ahem*here*ahem*

Thank you. I feel better now.

June 30, 2012 8:58 pm  #49

OK, rising to the challenge and hoping not to offend anyone...

My husband enjoys Sherlock, but is not obsessed -- and certainly not with the purple shirt. However, he cannot resist a rhyme challenge:

A consulting detective from London
Was a sight to give even a nun fun
In his purple shirt
He had no need to flirt
Oh my, if that shirt should come undone!

And here's my own rhyme-cheater contribution

That purple shirt fits him so nicely
I find I must look at him twice-ly
When the world starts to BORE
I'll look just once more
And thus I'll enjoy myself thrice-ly.

June 30, 2012 9:14 pm  #50

Hats off to you and your husband, Veecee. Could this be the beginning of a wonderful new collection of sonnets, odes, ballads, limericks and other kinds of poetry praising purple shirts and their owners?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 30, 2012 9:19 pm  #51

These are, as Arthur would say, BRILLIANT! Hmmm I can feel more poetry coming on.

June 30, 2012 9:26 pm  #52

Oh purple shirt! Oh wondrous shirt!
So dark and deep and glowering.
You sit so tight upon his form.
He must have worn you showering!

Ta-da!

June 30, 2012 9:44 pm  #53

nice limerick!!  over in the games section we ought to have a poetry/limerick thread. 

Anyway--  that coat  of his costs over 1000 dollars,  did you know that?   so----I  strongly doubt that sherlock has 2 of those.   As for  the white shirt in hound---they filmed the bloody shirt scene about two months AFTER  they filmed the plain white shirt scene which followed.   weird,  huh?  And I  think that dark purple  suits him.  Purple IS a passion color, you know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 30, 2012 9:56 pm  #54

Thread about to be made in Games section.

June 30, 2012 11:32 pm  #55

Love the limericks, veecee: Well done! 

Your poem was great, too, Davina!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

July 24, 2012 11:30 pm  #56

Has this been mentioned before? In Game, Connie Prince's brother wears a purple shirt. Is this a contrast on purpose?

Last edited by veecee (July 25, 2012 5:27 pm)

July 25, 2012 8:32 am  #57

In order to make this discussion a bit more scientific and less fangirly, here comes a visual aid:

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 25, 2012 3:29 pm  #58

The PSoS and the Neck (It deserves a capital letter), 2 of my favourite things 
SO glad this thread has been revived.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 25, 2012 5:29 pm  #59

Not sure Susi is achieving her goal. I think the photo just made me more fangirly! Perhaps she was being facetious.

July 25, 2012 5:41 pm  #60

What are you thinking of me, Veecee? I mean, I only wanted to help in our studies … just joking, the photo's adorable, isn't it? 

Board footera