BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 4, 2012 6:33 pm  #1

The amazing Louise Brealey - discussions, interviews & work

Louise has a part in 'Birthday' with Stephan Mangan.

http://www.royalcourttheatre.com/whats-on/birthday

June 24, 2012 12:47 am  #2

Re: The amazing Louise Brealey - discussions, interviews & work

Here's a transcript of a Podcast interview Louise has just done with the Baker Street Babes:

http://www.bakerstreetbabes.com/2012/06/transcript-episode-28-louise-brealey.html

And the BSB podcast page can be found here:
http://www.bakerstreetbabes.com/p/podcast.html

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 24, 2012 6:44 am  #3

thanks for posting this - fun to hear and read the transcript.   I love her nods to Rupert and Rupert/Una at the end.   I agree with her,  it would be delightful to have tea with Rupert, I would think.

June 24, 2012 10:10 am  #4

Thanks for posting Kazza, a lovely interview.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 25, 2012 1:30 pm  #5

I'll be seeing Loo on Saturday, just a bit excited! ;)

June 25, 2012 2:34 pm  #6

Lucky you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 27, 2012 10:31 am  #7

Interview with ‘Sherlock’ star Louise Brealey -  27 June 2012

The rubber gloves are going back on, Louise Brealey tells me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 29, 2012 6:53 pm  #8

Live webchat with Sherlock's Louise Brealey

Molly Hooper herself joined us for an epic webchat about the series, her character, philosophy, feminism, religion, music and ice-cream...

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-06-29/live-webchat-with-sherlocks-louise-brealey

June 29, 2012 7:29 pm  #9

I really enjoyed reading this. She's got a great sense of humour hasn't she. My favourite bits are: the tomatoes plant pets, marriage proposals, how Sherlock survived the fall (bouncy castle),  being  handy with a bone-saw, the Nora Ephron quote and 'happiness is a choice' Una Stubbs.

Thanks for posting this.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 29, 2012 7:43 pm  #10

louise brealey interview wrote:

1:01 Comment From Renee: What (if anything) have you been offered to spill the reichenbach secret?

1:01 Louise Brealey: Nothing! What've you got?

Classic! We should put together a collection...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 29, 2012 7:44 pm  #11

lousie brealey interview wrote:

1:07 Comment From Sarah Williamson: Have you ever received a strange gift from a fan??

1:07 Louise Brealey: Not strange no. But. A packet of quavers...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 29, 2012 7:56 pm  #12

He he! She said the 'Q' word!!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 29, 2012 8:06 pm  #13

Oh dear, Molly!

Yes it was the usual webchat. You can submit questions on many things but the only ones that were answered were not really Earth shattering. She clicked on one that was interesting but then posted that she didn't mean to click that one & it was deleted; I actually was looking forward to its answer. (nope, can't remember what it was now)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 30, 2012 1:51 pm  #14

www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cupid%27s_bow

See! It's official!

June 30, 2012 2:14 pm  #15

Yay, Sherlock's on Wikipedia!!

My 'Cupid's bow' is practically non-existent!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 1, 2012 2:08 pm  #16

Louise has her own website, which I have only just discovered. If you want to know about the wide range of her work including her journalistic pieces etc. then go on here and all will be revealed.

www.louisebrealey.com/

July 2, 2012 2:00 pm  #17

Birthday is brilliant, really funny and sweet and deep at the same time.

I saw Loo to say hi to but I completely lost the ability to actually talk to her. Bit sad about that!

I might go and see it again when I'm back in London.

July 13, 2012 11:58 am  #18

More information on the dear Miss Brealey in Wikipedia.

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise_Brealey

August 13, 2012 8:57 pm  #19

She replied to my Tweet last night whilst we were watching the Olympics!!

(It was whilst The Who were on)

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (August 13, 2012 8:58 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 13, 2012 10:26 pm  #20

I saw it. And YOU still don't follow ME! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera