BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 17, 2014 11:08 am  #41

Re: Martin Freeman has been cast in the upcoming TV series "Fargo"...

asyouwish wrote:

I'm also a big fan of the film and love this series.  I've seen the first three episodes and it only gets better.  Assuming it finishes well, this could be my favorite thing that Martin has ever done.

I was excited about Fargo giving True Detective some actual competition at this year's Emmys, but with True Detective out of the race now Fargo is definitely the frontrunner for Outstanding Miniseries.  Something to look forward to this awards season.

How have you managed to see the first three episodes already?

Just watched the first one last night and omg, I love it! I made a Lester Facebook profile immediately.

Love your new avatar too, haha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 17, 2014 11:35 am  #42

I was going to ask that question, surely there's only been 1 episode?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 17, 2014 2:10 pm  #43

What a great first episode! Martin's just brilliant, but I expected no less than that.
Though I have to admit his minnesotan accent took a bit of getting used to. I mean I've heard it before, but coming out of Martin's mouth (whose normal pronunciation I love) really was strange at first.
But I'm good with it now, looking forward to the next episode!

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

April 17, 2014 4:10 pm  #44

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

FX sent screeners of the first four episodes out for press reviews, etc. and my close friend/ex-roommate works in television press.  We had a nerdy viewing party.

April 17, 2014 6:39 pm  #45

asyouwish wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

FX sent screeners of the first four episodes out for press reviews, etc. and my close friend/ex-roommate works in television press.  We had a nerdy viewing party.

I'm so jealous!!! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 17, 2014 10:35 pm  #46

tonnaree wrote:

asyouwish wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I'm so jealous!!! 

GAHHHH me too, that's awesome. I can't wait for the next ep

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 18, 2014 6:08 pm  #47

Yesterday's interview with Martin about Fargo and Richard III that you can download. http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/frontrow

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

April 20, 2014 10:04 am  #48

Have it set up to record the whole series of Fargo. It received rave views n BBC Radio 4 Front Row last night. Can't wait...

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 20, 2014 10:07 am  #49

Me too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 22, 2014 2:14 am  #50

I loved hearing his voice! I was completely fascinated throughout the entire episode. Are we allowed to discuss spoilers here? 

April 22, 2014 3:38 am  #51

Lue4028 wrote:

I loved hearing his voice! I was completely fascinated throughout the entire episode. Are we allowed to discuss spoilers here? 

Loved the interview too!    May be best to discuss spoilers on the other thread?
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=5089

Board footera