BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 16, 2014 11:08 pm  #61

Re: The "state of her knees" line

Thx. Watching "The Great Game" and drinking Gatorade.

April 18, 2014 1:34 am  #62

dartmoordoggers wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

The woman 'being on her knees' only has one connotation ;)

Scrubbing floors?

Praying?

April 18, 2014 1:37 am  #63

besleybean wrote:

I don't really think Sherlock does relationships.
But if he did, I hope he'd have better taste than Sally.

Or Anderson. *shiver*

Last edited by ancientsgate (April 18, 2014 1:37 am)

April 18, 2014 2:24 am  #64

It's not about relationships. It's about clean floors. A hobby is a hobby.

April 18, 2014 7:20 am  #65

It's about performing a sexual act.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 18, 2014 11:25 am  #66

besleyean - Occam's razor not withstanding, we don't really know.

In retrospect, Sally is far more annoying than I remember her to be. Anderson redeems himself in a way. Sally just drops off the radar. She's a difficult character to assess. I forced myself to watch TRF yesterday. It's one ep that just upsets me on a visceral level. Sally and Donavan were really hard to watch. This series gives you too many things to think about. It reminds me a painting that obsesses you. You go view the painting, spend hours before it until the museum guard chucks you out. You keep looking at every detail trying to take it all in, understand it. But still you are moved in an ineffible way by this work of art. Dissecting it (as Anderson obsessively dissects Sherlock's suicide) is ultimately futile. It misses the point.

Sherlock is a work of art. I want to understand shy Sally is the way she is. But "why" is seldom a good question. Sorry. Rambiling. Just woke up.

April 18, 2014 11:35 am  #67

ancientsgate wrote:

dartmoordoggers wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

The woman 'being on her knees' only has one connotation ;)

Scrubbing floors?

Praying?

Searching for her car keys?  *giggle*

To be clear though, I have absolutly no doubt that Sherlock meant the comment in a sexual nature.  The whole conversation with her and Anderson was to taunt them about their affair.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 18, 2014 1:58 pm  #68

tonnaree, I admire your inventiveness. I fear that without your lively imagination my conversation with besleybean would become tendentious. It would be a shame to limit ourselves to the topics of the weather, or the conditions of the roads. Tea?

April 18, 2014 2:01 pm  #69

It's not invention.
It's fact.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 18, 2014 2:43 pm  #70

besleybean: "It's about performing a sexual act."

Cato the Elder: "Carthago delenda est."

April 18, 2014 9:36 pm  #71

Arabella Trefoil wrote:

besleybean: "It's about performing a sexual act."
Cato the Elder: "Carthago delenda est."

Don't make me go to google to figure out what in hell you're talking about, AT..... I already had to look up tendentious in my computer dictionary, and I don't like to work this hard. Just sayin'. *smile*

April 18, 2014 9:50 pm  #72

Cato the Elder was a Roman statesman who ended every public oration with the words "Cathage must be destroyed."  I'm being pretentious by using Cato the Elder's words in an attempt to be funny. The ancient Romans probably had a saying for "Yeah, OK Cato. We get it. You hate Carthage. Let's move on to something else."

Board footera