BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 17, 2012 1:17 pm  #1

Sherlock Fan Orchestra

Apparently Moffat is already a big fan of this, and Martin Freeman has also seen it and enjoyed it:

They're planning to do the taxi chase scene next...if any of you guys play instruments you should email them and get involved.

If you'd like to get involved, please e-mail sherlockfanorchestra@hotmail.com with your:
-Name
-Instrument(s)
-Ability/Standard on Instrument(s)
-Contact e-mail address!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 29, 2012 8:53 am  #2

Re: Sherlock Fan Orchestra

Thanks heaps, I will get in touch as soon as I mastered the theme with my quirky instrument of choice!

June 29, 2012 9:11 am  #3

Thanks for posting this, I just love it. The problem is, I've never played an instrument and my voice isn't too good either. Well, this makes me think about buying a triangle …

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 29, 2012 9:35 am  #4

Thanks for posting, Boss. That was cool. Any idea if this project is still alive? I notice you posted this on my birthday so it's been a while.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 29, 2012 11:55 am  #5

Yeah, I was wondering that myself but I did a little research and yes, the project is still going. The next piece they're working on is Pursuit (aka the taxi chase theme), but the deadline has now passed for new applicants apparently, although you can apply to be on the one after that. I found all this out on their Tumblr page, which seems to be pretty active:

http://sherlockfanorchestra.tumblr.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 5, 2012 4:16 am  #6

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Apparently Moffat is already a big fan of this, and Martin Freeman has also seen it and enjoyed it:

They're planning to do the taxi chase scene next...if any of you guys play instruments you should email them and get involved.

If you'd like to get involved, please e-mail sherlockfanorchestra@hotmail.com with your:
-Name
-Instrument(s)
-Contact e-mail address!

Crap. Why does all the fun stuff happen elsewhere? I would have loved doing this! I've got the percussion down from the Sherlock Opening credit music. Although going through the other pieces do I hear harpsicord? Great music. I love the 5 beat in cut time in some of the chase music.

Ah, well.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I killed people"   "You're a Doctor!"    "I had bad days..."

August 10, 2012 6:11 pm  #7

My lovely viola is going to be a participant in SHERlocked. I'm really excited. I haven't had new pieces to practice in ages.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

August 11, 2012 12:37 am  #8

HoosierPhD wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

-Name
-Instrument(s)
-Contact e-mail address!

Crap. Why does all the fun stuff happen elsewhere? I would have loved doing this! I've got the percussion down from the Sherlock Opening credit music. Although going through the other pieces do I hear harpsicord? Great music. I love the 5 beat in cut time in some of the chase music.

Ah, well.

That little percussion at the beginning of the theme is just perfect, isn't it? On the DVD there's a little bit about the music in one of the extra features, but I'd have liked even more.

Anyway, I don't think you have to "be" anywhere, Hoosier. Unless I'm mistaken, they're doing it online, no?

August 11, 2012 12:38 am  #9

Smoggy_London_Air wrote:

My lovely viola is going to be a participant in SHERlocked. I'm really excited. I haven't had new pieces to practice in ages.

Smoggy, how exciting. Let us know as soon as the video is available.

August 11, 2012 1:09 am  #10

veecee wrote:

Smoggy_London_Air wrote:

Smoggy, how exciting. Let us know as soon as the video is available.

They've said they won't send us the parts for at least another three weeks. I'm sure I'll be quite busy with school though: I start Thursday. I wanted to join the orchestra but the intermediate was full and I'm not advanced enough for Advanced orchestra. Next year.

SHERlocked is one of the most beautiful pieces in the score for the entire series. I've been trying to figure it out myself, with little luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

August 21, 2012 7:23 pm  #11

Here's their latest piece:

Board footera