BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 26, 2012 10:38 pm  #1

Sherlock Anagrams

Ok  this is a new game  involving anagrams.    What you are doing is you are taking each letter in the anagram, and you're unscrambling them, to make a phrase or a name,  that relates to Sherlock Holmes and everything connected to that.  It's like  scrambles...you unscramble the anagrams to get the correct words or names.   

Here is one example:

Anagram Run Rocks Shelter stands for  'Sherlock Returns'

If you have questions  please  post them here.  . As  the game progresses, I will let you try your hand at putting anagrams here.    Google  ANAGRAM  SOLVERS  online,  and you'll find some good sites there to help you.  For the first one, I will list how many words are in the answer.   As we get more experienced,   there may be no need for that. When you post your anagram, please tell us if it's a quote OR a name, and how many words are in the answer, ok?  That's the main clue we need at first. Thank you and do have a lovertly one!!   

~~~~~~~~~~~
  Here's the one  to start off with.    The answer is 2 words. 

Anagram:   Shrek Elm School   

Have fun!!

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 30, 2012 7:30 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 26, 2012 10:47 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock Anagrams

I hoped the title of the topic would be an anagram itself. Sorry, I suck at anagrams myself so I'll just watch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 26, 2012 10:57 pm  #3

Ok Dramagod   But the title of this topic cannot be an anagram.  sorry!!

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 27, 2012 12:28 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 26, 2012 11:16 pm  #4

"Dramagrod"? Don't you try and anagram me behind my back, girl. I know the title can't be turned into an anagram, I just thought it would've been awesome. Don't mind me, I should get to bed anyways.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 27, 2012 12:29 am  #5

Dramagod wrote:

"Dramagrod"? Don't you try and anagram me behind my back, girl. I know the title can't be turned into an anagram, I just thought it would've been awesome. Don't mind me, I should get to bed anyways.

Oh dear,  I spelled your name wrong?  that was an accident. I am sorry.   I've fixed it in my other post.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 27, 2012 12:29 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 27, 2012 9:55 am  #6

Haha, don't worry about such a thing, kitty. I'm only messing with you. Even my father sometimes calls me by my older brother's name.

June 27, 2012 10:25 am  #7

SHERLOCK HOLMES

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 27, 2012 12:06 pm  #8

How do you want this done Kitty? Can just the successful answered pose the next one or can anyone do the torturing?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 27, 2012 4:06 pm  #9

Kazza   you are correct!!   Do  you  want to post  the next anagram?   If  not,   I  have one readylet us know here. .   

Davina--I'd  like to wait  and see if  other players know how to do anagrams.   do  you know how to do them?  If not,  I'll continue the 'torturing' for now.  there are anagram makers  and solvers online, if you know where to look.  the one that I use  is  this one-- If you do the advanced one,  you can choose what word you want in your anagram.  that's how I got the word SHREK  in there!!  he's my favorite green ogre!! 

http://wordsmith.org/anagram/index.html

I'll be back in a couple of hours.

In the meantime,  here's a simple one.   the answer is ONE word. 

And Hung     

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 27, 2012 4:29 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 27, 2012 4:50 pm  #10

Handgun?

June 27, 2012 5:35 pm  #11

I just did my first anagram.
It's a quote. The answer is three words:

PERFECT
SPLINE
TORPEDO

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 27, 2012 7:11 pm  #12

dramagod you are correct!  great job.  you don't suck at this at all.  thanks for messing with me,  sometimes,  me being deaf,  I can't really tell.even on a computer  I have trouble!!!   LOL  poor me!!!  .   

Next up to post anagrams  IF  they want--  are kazza and dramagod.   When you post an anagram,  please post one clue that relates to it as we've done.  thank you!!   

Yay  tobe's got  an anagram.   tobeornot221B    Hmmmm...tobe,  If the quote is three words,  Is  the first word mixed up  in the letters of PERFECT?  Nah..that would be a scramble.   I  just  answered my  own question,  right?  thank you for posting one!!   I'm glad this thread is taking off.   thanks for the clue,  too..

from tobeornot221B       It's a quote. The answer is three words:     (Yes I know the answer.  Anyone else want to try to solve it first?)

PERFECT
SPLINE
TORPEDO

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 28, 2012 2:56 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 28, 2012 4:38 pm  #13

from tobeornot221B       It's a quote. The answer is three words:     (Yes I know the answer.  Anyone else want to try to solve it first?)

PERFECT
SPLINE
TORPEDO

Hint!!  So---It's a quote of three words,   and we HAVE  used it in the Hangman game,  and the first letter of the first word  starts with the letter F.   

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 28, 2012 8:25 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 28, 2012 4:51 pm  #14

Ooh, I've got it too!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 28, 2012 5:58 pm  #15

oh,  please post the answer, Molly.   If  you don't want to post the next anagram,  then  it's Kazza  or dramagod's turn,  ok?  let us know.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 28, 2012 6:00 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 28, 2012 7:49 pm  #16

Okay, now I've got it.
That was actually not that easy!

June 28, 2012 8:24 pm  #17

nope. Not easy.  Whoever's got it,  PLEASE post it!!   this is a game to see who  can  get it first.  do you want me to keep score?  Cos the first person to get 20  right  will get a prize.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 28, 2012 8:30 pm  #18

OK, I don't get the points for this one but...

FRIENDS PROTECT PEOPLE

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

June 28, 2012 9:17 pm  #19

Molly  you are correct!!   Thanks for posting it.  you can post an anagram if you want to.    Please tell us if it's a quote or a name, and how many words are in the answer.   ok?  That's the main and only clue you can give, at first.  we don't wanna make this too easy, do we?   

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 29, 2012 5:01 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 29, 2012 5:29 pm  #20

Can I post one?

Topple Bar
Cunning Star

It's 3 words and it's a thing!

Board footera