BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 24, 2012 3:48 pm  #1

A Study In Bart's: Holmes, Watson and England's Great Hospital

There is a talk taking place at St Barts on Wednesday 27th June. Tickets are free but there are only 9 places still available:

http://sherlocksociety.eventbrite.co.uk/

Alistair Duncan from The Sherlock Holmes Society will give a lecture entitled "A Study in Barts:Sherlock Holmes, John Watson and Englands Great Hospital"

The lecture is to begin at 7pm sharp, but attendees can register from 6:15pm to see the famous 'Sherlock Holmes Plaque' in St Bart's Hospital Museum (closing at 6:45pm).

There will then be free wine on arrival into the Pathology Museum where the lecture will take place, and a chance to browse the specimens in this unusual venue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 24, 2012 4:48 pm  #2

Re: A Study In Bart's: Holmes, Watson and England's Great Hospital

Already booked in for this a couple of weeks ago... I am so excited..anyone else coming??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Watson: Anytime you want to include me... "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes. I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intellect!"

April 24, 2012 4:59 pm  #3

I'm going! So I guess I'll see you there...! Actually, I booked three tickets, so have a couple spare if anyone wants one. Just didn't want to miss out before they all got snapped up.

April 24, 2012 5:03 pm  #4

Yay  I cannot wait to see the specimens (sick mind here)

Watson: Anytime you want to include me... "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes. I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intellect!"

April 25, 2012 11:47 am  #5

oh god, I wish I lived in UK..
please tell us about it later :D (with pict too, if you don't mind) hehe.. :D

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

June 11, 2012 10:19 pm  #6

So how was the lecture?  It sounded great--was it?  There seem to be all sorts of Sherlock-related events in London now.  You guys are SO lucky!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 14, 2012 9:08 am  #7

It's in two weeks time so still just looking forward to it at the moment....and planning what to wear, lol.

June 28, 2012 11:05 am  #8

So I went last night...it was BRILLIANT!

The Baker Street Babes were there and they recorded it all so I'm sure you'll probably be able to get a report/podcast on their site in a few days time. I didn't exactly learn anything new, it was just telling the story of how Holmes and Watson met at Barts and how the hospital has been referred to in subsequent productions/adaptations. It mentioned the BBC version quite a lot because obviously St Barts is featured really heavily, much more so than in any other adaptation.

Afterwards we were all able to ask the guy questions...I asked him what his favourite canon story was (Sign of Four) and whether he remembered the first time he got into Sherlock Holmes (and he told us a cool story about it). Someone else asked him what his Reichenbach theory was and he said it was the dumpster truck *rolls eyes*.

Anyway, met up with 3 Sherlockian friends of mine and afterwards we all went to the Sherlock Holmes pub on Northumberland Street. Had a really cool night.

June 28, 2012 11:28 am  #9

I wonder how many people tried to sneak off and get up onto the roof for photos? I'd die for a shot of me sitting on the ledge Moriarty sat on

Disguise is always a self portrait

Board footera