BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 26, 2012 10:17 am  #21

Re: The Purple Shirt

BrightBlueEyes wrote:

jimella wrote:

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

Give me the SiB Buckingham Palace black suit with black shirt combo. That really looked dreamy on him I do like the purple shirt though

Oh now that you mentioned it, that Buckingham Palace outfit is hot 

Who ARE we kidding really? Name one thing, save for the covered in pigs blood (although...) that didn't look good on him....

Oh dear God, I've said too much.

Er, to be honest, I don't like the Deerstalker hat, never did, on no one. But as for everything else 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 26, 2012 10:17 am  #22

hypergreenfrog wrote:

As much as I like the fitted suits, isn't it about time we saw him wear something that is not a suit? If you want to change your public image, clothes and hair are the first step, after all.
I guess what I really want to say is the sheet was fine for me...

HGF, if he starts wearing sweatpants and ratty pullovers to go to the market I shall hold you responsible!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 26, 2012 10:20 am  #23

SusiGo wrote:

BrightBlueEyes wrote:

jimella wrote:

Oh now that you mentioned it, that Buckingham Palace outfit is hot 

Who ARE we kidding really? Name one thing, save for the covered in pigs blood (although...) that didn't look good on him....

Oh dear God, I've said too much.

Er, to be honest, I don't like the Deerstalker hat, never did, on no one. But as for everything else 

Truth. Not his best look. Although I think the way his hair sticks up at the sides like Gertie's wings is humourous.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Fantastic."
Sherlock: "Meretricious."
Lestrade: "And happy new year."

"Oh, but we both know that's not quite true"

June 26, 2012 10:29 am  #24

SusiGo wrote:

I'm just thinking … how about a purple sheet next series??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 26, 2012 10:45 am  #25

Personally, I love the dressing gown look 

Hey, Davina, if Sherlock stars wearing jumpers, will John have to start wearing suits? The mind boggles!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 26, 2012 10:51 am  #26

Apparently the said PSoS is made by Dolce and Gabbana and was purchased at Liberty, which is a very nice shop in London, but it is no longer available in any shops (maybe TK Maxx?) 

The Urban Dictionary defines the said PSoS as follows : 'The seductively deep purple shirt that adorns the ever so beautiful torso of Sherlock Holmes; renowned for sending all who gaze upon it into the throes of blind lust regardless of gender or sexual orientation; a potent aphrodisiac. It's (sic) first appearance is in 'The Great Game'.

Red Bubble do greetings cards with it featured.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 26, 2012 11:07 am  #27

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

hypergreenfrog wrote:

As much as I like the fitted suits, isn't it about time we saw him wear something that is not a suit? If you want to change your public image, clothes and hair are the first step, after all.
I guess what I really want to say is the sheet was fine for me...

HGF, if he starts wearing sweatpants and ratty pullovers to go to the market I shall hold you responsible!

Just for a tiny moment there you made me feel like I had the power to change Sherlock's clothes ...thank you, Sentimental!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

June 26, 2012 11:09 am  #28

Davina wrote:

The Urban Dictionary defines the said PSoS as follows : 'The seductively deep purple shirt that adorns the ever so beautiful torso of Sherlock Holmes; renowned for sending all who gaze upon it into the throes of blind lust regardless of gender or sexual orientation; a potent aphrodisiac. It's (sic) first appearance is in 'The Great Game'.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 26, 2012 10:59 pm  #29

The PSoS already has a dictionary entry?!  Extraordinary. 

(Though I can certainly understand why it would.    )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 26, 2012 11:26 pm  #30

kazza474 wrote:

If you are trying for the fan girl look, you have achieved it ages ago.

Hah! I just saw this.

June 26, 2012 11:34 pm  #31

How can I be laughing and sighing at the same time?

Maybe we like the PSoS because it's so snug it looks like it wouldn't be hard to pop the buttons and rip it right off of him. Wait. Did I type that in my out loud voice?

Seriously, although the sheet was fun, I like a little more mystery. And save the sheet for alone times together. Wait. Did I do it again?

June 27, 2012 12:23 am  #32

The Purple Shirt of Sex is Sex!

I'm pretty sure he has another one, though. Please. Or he will buy a new Purple Shirt of Sex that looks just like the old Purple Shirt of Sex. Yes.
When his time comes and he dies for real, he will be buried in The Purple Shirt of Sex and his Belstaff coat. Yup.

June 27, 2012 2:13 am  #33

Sammy wrote:

The Purple Shirt of Sex is Sex!

I'm pretty sure he has another one, though. Please. Or he will buy a new Purple Shirt of Sex that looks just like the old Purple Shirt of Sex. Yes.
When his time comes and he dies for real, he will be buried in The Purple Shirt of Sex and his Belstaff coat. Yup.

I'm sure once he found a shirt he liked, he'd probably buy more than one. I don't picture him shopping much. Or did he have them custom made?

Some comic said men's and women's different approach to shopping is a holdover from the cavemen (and women). The women were gatherers, looked patiently for the best nuts and berries, etc. Men were hunters, saw something, and killed it. "Shirt dead now." (It's funnier told than written.)

And I know some men like to shop and some women don't.

June 27, 2012 2:30 am  #34

I can't speak for anyone else but for me shopping for clothes, shoes, pocketbooks or jewelry is a never ending process of going out and hoping I stumble into something good. If I am forced to go out and find something specific I am usually frantic and end up disappointed. The men I know usually go out, run right to first rack and emerge happy and victorious in twenty minutes

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 27, 2012 3:50 am  #35

If I recall correctly, the Sherlockology website stated that the costume designer for Sherlock, whose name I don't remember (sorry), took BC shopping to find suitable clothes.  He didn't just go out and buy something on his own.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 27, 2012 3:53 am  #36

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

I can't speak for anyone else but for me shopping for clothes, shoes, pocketbooks or jewelry is a never ending process of going out and hoping I stumble into something good. If I am forced to go out and find something specific I am usually frantic and end up disappointed. The men I know usually go out, run right to first rack and emerge happy and victorious in twenty minutes

Yup. Shirt dead while you are still looking for the good berries.

June 27, 2012 3:54 am  #37

By the way, I am so naive, I thought PSoS stood for Purple Shirt of Sherlock.

June 27, 2012 9:51 am  #38

Yeah I really can't imagine Sherlock doing much shopping so it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine him having more than one of the same shirt...He really only seems to have three shirts - white, black and purple

EXAMPLE: In Hounds when he comes back from harpooning the pig he is wearing his white shirt covered in blood. In the very next scene where he is pacing up and down anxiously, he is again wearing his white shirt. Even if it's later on in the day I doubt it was washed and dried that quickly...inference, he has more than one shirt of the same type.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 27, 2012 10:41 am  #39

Probably several exactly the same. Often men are like that...they get a shirt they like and then get several exactly the same or just in different colour ways.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 27, 2012 5:43 pm  #40

I just saw some pics of BC in a black leather jacket (link under Frankenstein forum). I would not object to Sherlock wearing a black leather jacket, but it would have to be the right kind. Fitted?

Board footera