BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 10, 2012 6:14 am  #1

Sherlock Characters' blogs & websites

This has been well thought out.
Having the blogs of characters actually available is too funny & makes the whole Sherlock experience even more 'cute'.
I assume someone connected with the show made these and updated them a while back, I just wish they would start updating again.
Perhaps through the year while we patiently wait for series 3 we will get some action?

So here's the links for those who do not know.

http://www.thescienceofdeduction.co.uk/  Sherlock's website

http://www.johnwatsonblog.co.uk/   John's website

http://www.mollyhooper.co.uk/  Molly's website

http://www.connieprince.co.uk/  Connie Prince's website

Of course you can use the email address from Reichenbach to email Rich Brook (did you all freeze it to read his portfolio stuff?)
richard@r-brook.co.uk

I did find Rich Brook's website but it had a notice saying it was under construction & to contact kitty etc, I can't seem to find it now so maybe it's closed.

If you poke around, there are sure to be others I would say. Whether they are connected officially to the BBC crew is the question though. I'm not interested in stuff some geek made up, it's really not that entertaining.

Any others at all?
What do you think of these anyway?

Last edited by kazza474 (February 10, 2012 6:14 am)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 12, 2012 6:54 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock Characters' blogs & websites

These are great...and they are official BBC ones, made by someone connected with the programme. If you look at the bottom of the page on the Science of Deduction one it has a link that says "More Information" and it takes you to an official BBC page.

Hope they get updated soon...

What happens when you e-mail Richard Brook then?? Did you do it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 12, 2012 6:58 pm  #3

By the way, whilst searching for that Richard Brook site you mentioned, I came across this Tumblr blog:

http://ibelieveinrichardbrook.tumblr.com/

...which is pretty funny, and it has a link to this website:

http://r-brook.co.uk/

...which is apparently "coming soon".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 13, 2012 10:26 pm  #4

There are some Twitter accounts which are good. They say they aren't official but weirdly have things from Irene Adler etc. from before the programmes were broadcast, even here in the UK.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 14, 2012 1:59 am  #5

Davina wrote:

There are some Twitter accounts which are good. They say they aren't official but weirdly have things from Irene Adler etc. from before the programmes were broadcast, even here in the UK.

Yeah, they're just all role playing little things.
I tend to not bother about them.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 14, 2012 2:00 am  #6

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

These are great...and they are official BBC ones, made by someone connected with the programme. If you look at the bottom of the page on the Science of Deduction one it has a link that says "More Information" and it takes you to an official BBC page.

Oh yeah, you will get a reply.
EMAIL HIM!

It's ok, really.
You will laugh at the reply.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

February 17, 2012 5:35 pm  #7

kazza474 wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Oh yeah, you will get a reply.
EMAIL HIM!

It's ok, really.
You will laugh at the reply.

I did get a reply! Quite amusing really. I wonder what happens to all the emails though - I sent quite a long one as it turned out...what did you say?

February 17, 2012 6:57 pm  #8

Cool thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

March 9, 2012 8:35 am  #9

http://www.storyforwardpodcast.com/2012/02/003-joe-lidster-bbcs-sherlock-and-transmedia-done-right/

Joe Lidster

In this special episode of StoryForward, co-host Steve Peters talks with Joe Lidster, a television writer best known for his work on Torchwood, The Sarah Jane Adventures and most recently, the online story content for the BBC series Sherlock, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. They talk about the unique process behind the TV show, which, in true transmedia storytelling fashion, simultaneously spans your television screen, multiple websites and more.

This is the guy responsible for Sherlock's & John's blog page etc.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 9, 2012 11:07 am  #10

Awesome....they should update the websites soon...although I suppose Sherlock can't really post much anymore...

March 9, 2012 1:54 pm  #11

I imagine the blogs will start running again once the next series starts being aired. Otherwise it would destroy the illusion.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 9, 2012 1:56 pm  #12

well I don't know, listening to that it seems John's may start moving again in the 'off season'. We best keep an eye on that.

Last edited by kazza474 (March 9, 2012 1:56 pm)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 9, 2012 2:04 pm  #13

Wonder if the number of hits will invade or will it forever stay at 1895?

March 9, 2012 2:08 pm  #14

D'you think John will blog about how he misses Sherlock? That would make me so sad!! 

March 9, 2012 2:26 pm  #15

Davina wrote:

Wonder if the number of hits will invade or will it forever stay at 1895?

it will always be 1895

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 9, 2012 2:58 pm  #16

somebody at Tumblr made this http://unposted-letters-to-sherlock.tumblr.com/ at first I think it was from BBC.. but then I realize it was one of us (fans).

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

March 9, 2012 3:01 pm  #17

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

D'you think John will blog about how he misses Sherlock? That would make me so sad!! 

Very unSherlocklike behaviour!

I don't think it will be crying material.
But then I don't have a heart apparently; I haven't cried over anything yet.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 9, 2012 3:03 pm  #18

theCuriousOne wrote:

somebody at Tumblr made this http://unposted-letters-to-sherlock.tumblr.com/ at first I think it was from BBC.. but then I realize it was one of us (fans).

Yeah, as that guy says in the link before, only 4 blogs were made by BBC.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 9, 2012 3:58 pm  #19

kazza474 wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Very unSherlocklike behaviour!

I don't think it will be crying material.
But then I don't have a heart apparently; I haven't cried over anything yet.

Yes I'm definitely getting too emotional - I think I've just been reading too many fan fics!

March 9, 2012 4:06 pm  #20

UGh no, I won't read fan fics.
The storylines Moftiss gave us cannot be beaten, anything else is just child's play as far as I am concerned.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

Board footera