BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 25, 2012 11:18 pm  #1

The Purple Shirt

So, I wasn't sure, but after watching yet again... Sherlock DIES in The Purple Shirt.

Does that mean there's *gasp* no Purple Shirt in Series 3?!
Because I don't know if I'm ok with that.

*makes Twitter account, follows Moffat and brings this rather important subject to light*

No, really.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Fantastic."
Sherlock: "Meretricious."
Lestrade: "And happy new year."

"Oh, but we both know that's not quite true"

June 25, 2012 11:24 pm  #2

Re: The Purple Shirt

Oh, BBE, I hope you are wrong. I am so in love with the way that shirt fits him. I think I've gone on a bit elsewhere about how great he looks in those perfectly fitting suits and shirts -- and the coat!

June 25, 2012 11:27 pm  #3

I've just made a Twitter and asked. *hangs head in shame*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 25, 2012 11:40 pm  #4

Please let us know if you get a response from anyone!   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 25, 2012 11:59 pm  #5

I will die of fangirly joy.

June 26, 2012 12:17 am  #6

*blushes furiously* I've asked them both. Moff and Tiss.

June 26, 2012 12:19 am  #7

You are not alone in this concern. I just hope he had more than one of that shirt... seems possible a man with a sock index would buy multiples.

June 26, 2012 1:20 am  #8

I doubt the PSS will fit now anyway; besides he needs to update to something else next series.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 26, 2012 1:26 am  #9

But...but...but he's had the PSS for two seasons!!! He just wore one of his tshirts last year that he wore on Fortysomething!
*sticks fingers in ears and hums Busy Doing Nothing*

June 26, 2012 1:29 am  #10

Yes, and now it is time to move on to better things.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 26, 2012 1:38 am  #11

Give me the SiB Buckingham Palace black suit with black shirt combo. That really looked dreamy on him I do like the purple shirt though

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 26, 2012 2:36 am  #12

The black is nice, too. Whatever he wears, I hope it fits him like those shirts and suits do. But really, I hope he sticks with them. Am I sounding a little obsessive about this?

June 26, 2012 2:39 am  #13

If you are trying for the fan girl look, you have achieved it ages ago.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 26, 2012 6:03 am  #14

Boys! You've got another one!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 26, 2012 6:27 am  #15

I'm just thinking … how about a purple sheet next series??

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 26, 2012 7:29 am  #16

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

Give me the SiB Buckingham Palace black suit with black shirt combo. That really looked dreamy on him I do like the purple shirt though

Oh now that you mentioned it, that Buckingham Palace outfit is hot 

June 26, 2012 8:07 am  #17

As much as I like the fitted suits, isn't it about time we saw him wear something that is not a suit? If you want to change your public image, clothes and hair are the first step, after all.
I guess what I really want to say is the sheet was fine for me...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

June 26, 2012 8:32 am  #18

Never in all my life I've thought so much about sheets … I don't think they'd totally change his looks (or do I mean I don't hope), but maybe there'll be some dressing up like we know it from the canon. And then, when his name is cleared, there'll be the comeback of the coat and the fitted shirts and the nice suits and the scarf and the curls … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 26, 2012 10:14 am  #19

Maybe he will start wearing sweaters, like John.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 26, 2012 10:15 am  #20

jimella wrote:

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

Oh now that you mentioned it, that Buckingham Palace outfit is hot 

Who ARE we kidding really? Name one thing, save for the covered in pigs blood (although...) that didn't look good on him....

Oh dear God, I've said too much.

Board footera