BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 20, 2014 9:56 pm  #1

My Sherlock Star Trek Crossover Video

When Sherlock murders Cam he has two alternatives, go to prison, or take a dangerous, probably fatal, secret mission.
The mission takes place in the secret levels below Baskerville, where scientists have actually created a time machine which does work (hee hee!), though it is still very new and people have been killed going forward and back through time.
Basically, Sherlock is sent forward in time because his expertise in deduction is needed to root out a traitor amongst the federation.
So all the scenes in the future are of Sherlock with a new blend-in haircut, not Khan, Khan doesn't exist in this world (as much as we lurve the bad guy!).
And basically, Sherlock is helping Kirk.
But after Sherlock works out that it is Marcus, Kirk forgets about Sherlock to go after him. But Sherlock doesn't like being left behind. He creates some blood serum that improves his combat skills (hey, just go with it, yeah?) and then goes to help Kirk.
But he misses John, and his own time, and risks his life again to go back. Question is, did he make it?!
Now I'm no expert at making vids but I tried my best.
Sorry if the captions went by a bit too quick.
Anyhoo, hope you enjoyed! I had fun making it!
And if anyone likes the idea and can do a much better job at it than me - please make the video!! I would love to see a better version of this made!

Last edited by SpiralStaircase (March 20, 2014 10:03 pm)

March 21, 2014 6:23 am  #2

Re: My Sherlock Star Trek Crossover Video

Well..... when I read the story to the video I thought "...not really my area....", but I gave it a try and I think it is really, really well done. The choice and the order of the scenes.... Really matching and an "almost believable" new story.    In the shaving scene Sherlock reminded me of Khan, too, so it was quite easy for me to follow the rest of the story.
The action scene starting at 3:35 was a bit too long for my taste, as it is a quite short video altogether.
I think this video is a nice idea AND very good implemented. At the beginning I wondered if a video can be good when it needs so much explanation in advance. But now I think that probably I would have understood it even without reading the text in advance.

Last edited by Mattlocked (March 21, 2014 6:25 am)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 21, 2014 6:42 am  #3

What a fun idea.. I like the video and its old-school silent picture vibe .

March 21, 2014 9:06 am  #4

Thanks for watching, guys!
And I really appreciate the input Mattlocked!
I agree about the action scene being a tad long. After I had edited it a zillion times I kept speeding through that scene myself!
I also still found it hard to see 'Sherlock' and not Khan, but that's because I love Khan so much! I'll probably make him his own tribute video now!
Like I said, I'm no expert at video making, but I had fun making it. It was one of those things where I just had to make the video, to get the idea off my chest.

Last edited by SpiralStaircase (March 21, 2014 9:06 am)

Board footera