BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2012 7:04 pm  #1

Aidan Quinn as Captain Gregson

The newest confirmed member of the cast for CBS Elementary is Aidan Quinn who will play Police Captain Gregson. the back story is that it is he who invited Sherlock Holmes over to New York to help the police department there having worked with him at Scotland Yard previously. Found this via Twitter on Den of Geek.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 9, 2012 7:57 am  #2

Re: Aidan Quinn as Captain Gregson

Actually, do you think the name Gregson is a subconscious, or indeed conscious, nod to DCI Lestrade? After all his first name is Greg.

By the way I love the bit when Sherlock questions why Lestrade is being called Greg and John tells him 'it's his name'. Sherlock is just so... clueless sometimes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 9, 2012 8:01 am  #3

Re: Aidan Quinn as Captain Gregson

Ah no! Just realised that Gregson is another police detective in the original Sherlock Holmes stories. So maybe it is the other way round, maybe Moftiss lifted the name Greg from the original stories as the first name for Lestrade.

Board footera