BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 7, 2014 7:06 pm  #21

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

That was really impressive. Have to think about it for a while.

And after that I maybe try out this one:
http://ifyouhaveenoughnerve.tumblr.com/post/76422437022/the-unabridged-dictionary-of-johnlock-tropes-157

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 7, 2014 7:35 pm  #22

This looks brilliant, Mattlocked. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 7, 2014 8:22 pm  #23

What a nice summary. I didn't notice the one with the nurse and the Mayfly Man's first name.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

March 7, 2014 8:24 pm  #24

I didn't either. I just thought it was so funny, John fully in his doctor-mode: "Nurse!"   

March 7, 2014 8:41 pm  #25

This is also quite interesting, btw.  Analysis of the game scene in 221B, both drunk.

http://221beemine.tumblr.com/post/72497575119/for-science-jawn-you-asked-for-it-you-got-it-shot

March 7, 2014 8:56 pm  #26

Yes, there is a wealth of observations out there. Some are over the top, but there is a lot of good stuff on tumblr. 

Referring to no. 8: Someone mentioned this on tumblr (or in here, not sure).
Sherlock taught John how to dance. Fine. On the morning of the wedding, however, he is dancing alone to the waltz he wrote for John and Mary. A waltz that he was never going to dance in the first place. Well … 

Last edited by SusiGo (March 7, 2014 9:09 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 7, 2014 10:05 pm  #27

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, there is a wealth of observations out there. Some are over the top, but there is a lot of good stuff on tumblr. 

Referring to no. 8: Someone mentioned this on tumblr (or in here, not sure).
Sherlock taught John how to dance. Fine. On the morning of the wedding, however, he is dancing alone to the waltz he wrote for John and Mary. A waltz that he was never going to dance in the first place. Well … 

He was indulging in a moments fantasy that it was him an John dancing at their wedding.

That's my headcanon and I"m sticking to it!  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 7, 2014 10:12 pm  #28

I also love the idea of #19: The Mind Palace

"The architecture in both these shots, taken during the mind palace sequence in His Last Vow, is based on locations from A Study In Pink, the first case he ever solved with John. So John Watson basically restructured Sherlock's whole (imaginary) world."

The idea that John restructured Sherlock's whole world really makes my heart beat faster. It probably also works the other way around, it's just that here we have visual proof. Ah, this just makes me happy...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 7, 2014 10:38 pm  #29

The mind palace symbolism is very strong and shows how much John has become part of Sherlock. And that may be a reason why he does not appear in the palace sequence - he does not provide knowledge or drive Sherlock to do better, he is in his heart. And it is his heart, not his mind, that tells him to go back. 

Last edited by SusiGo (March 7, 2014 10:55 pm)

March 7, 2014 10:53 pm  #30

Stop it now, Susi, or I'll start crying...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

March 7, 2014 10:56 pm  #31

Buckets and buckets? Sorry. I will never mention again that John is in his heart and that Sherlock comes back just for him and … oops. 

March 7, 2014 11:01 pm  #32

All the time after S2 I felt so sorry and sad for John. After S3 now my feelings are even worse. Only this time for Sherlock. 

March 7, 2014 11:01 pm  #33

Exactly. Let's cry together. 

March 7, 2014 11:02 pm  #34

Group crying?

March 7, 2014 11:04 pm  #35

Yes. Form a circle, get your tissues … 

March 7, 2014 11:06 pm  #36

...it'll certainly be buckets and buckets then...

March 7, 2014 11:06 pm  #37

SusiGo wrote:

The mind palace symbolism is very strong and shows how much John has become part of Sherlock. And that may be a reason why he does not appear in the palace sequence - he does not provide knowledge or drive Sherlock to do better, he is in his heart. And it is his heart, not his mind, that tells him to go back. 

Last time I watched it I got the impression that when Sherlock is looking for something to calm him down, he was trying to find John at first? Because he opens a door but then there's Mary behind it in her wedding dress with a gun, as if she's keeping him away from John. But that's only one possible interpretation of course.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 7, 2014 11:08 pm  #38

Do you really think this will stop us from crying, QE? 
You are right, this is one possible interpretation. And looking for John and instead seeing her in the dress symbolising that he has lost John in a way, well …

March 7, 2014 11:11 pm  #39

Oooohooohoooo! 

March 7, 2014 11:13 pm  #40

I'm not trying to make you all stop crying, if at all I'm trying to make it worse. Group crying sounds great.

Board footera